Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For value-Ryan Nassib is better than Matt Barkley

Hall Of Fame

For value-Ryan Nassib is better than Matt Barkley

Not impresses with Barkley--yeah, he had 6 TD passes but that was due to the USC receivers totally outclassing the the Cuse DBs and defense.

We need Sanchez to excel this year because Barkley doesn't look like an NFL star.

I'd take Nassib in the 3rd rather than take Barkley early in the 1st.

_

Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Not impresses with Barkley--yeah, he had 6 TD passes but that was due to the USC receivers totally outclassing the the Cuse DBs and defense.

We need Sanchez to excel this year because Barkley doesn't look like an NFL star.

I'd take Nassib in the 3rd rather than take Barkley early in the 1st.

_
    Pissed about the game? Gotta be. Because Barkley is good. Real good. Franchise-changing good.

Barkley is a franchise guy....mechanics, head, game feel, the whole deal.

I have pretty much hated every USC QB to come out in my lifetime. That said I would take Barkley #1 over all in any draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Let's just hope Sanchez improves. I don't want to start over.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Barkley is a franchise guy....mechanics, head, game feel, the whole deal.
    He looks like a clone of Sanchez.

Nassib is like Kellen Clemens. Great arm, but yet to learn the nuances of the game. Doesn't put touch on his short passes. Not a complete QB at this point.

Veteran
    Um, are you guys expecting us to go 1-15 or something?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    This..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Let's just hope Sanchez improves. I don't want to start over.
    I just don't want another USC quarterback.

How so? Barkely is extremely fundamentally sound and I believe will come out of school as a 4 year starter with much better numbers (comp% mainly) then sanchez.

All League
    How so? Barkely is extremely fundamentally sound and I believe will come out of school as a 4 year starter with much better numbers (comp% mainly) then sanchez.
    I'm saying he "looks" like Sanchez on the field. From the way he drops back to the way he throws. That's all. Not saying he won't be good or bad. Just how similar they look

I'm saying he "looks" like Sanchez on the field. From the way he drops back to the way he throws. That's all. Not saying he won't be good or bad. Just how similar they look
    Gotcha....Im pretty impressed with barkley, aside from the numbers, he is a real smart kid.

Are you into a couple iron city yet?

All League
    I would look for sharp objects if we ever drafted a Syracuse QB.

All League
    I root for College players like Nassib, Jeff George & Doug Flutie.

Didn't RGIII beat both Luck and Barkley?

All League
    Gotcha....Im pretty impressed with barkley, aside from the numbers, he is a real smart kid.

Are you into a couple iron city yet?
    Just cracked the first one a little bit ago. Been waiting for this for months!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I root for College players like Nassib, Jeff George & Doug Flutie.
    I love lamp.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    I love lamp.
    Desks aren't that bad either.

I'm still waiting for Barkley to have as good a year as the one Sanchez had in '08. Barkley's playing with far better surrounding talent as well, the talent level on this USC offense is absurd, especially with the addition of Redd. Woods and Lee are both 1st round receivers and the offensive line Barkley is playing behind is awesome, even with the loss of Kalil (the '08 line was the worst USC's had in the last 9 years).

In his year at USC, Sanchez had a YPA of 8.8, the best Barkley has managed so far is 7.9 (8.2 through 2 games this year). For context, all 3 of Luck's years were between 8.7 and 9.0, and Stafford's last year he posted 9.0. Luck's ypa numbers are the most impressive because he did it throwing to TEs. Matt Ryan was only at 7, but he was playing with scrubs against more talented opponents.

Barkley is a very conservative QB. He's a far more conservative thrower than Sanchez was, or Leinart, or Palmer, or even Booty,]. But he's the blonde-haired boy wonder from Mater Dei, so he'll have a greater legacy at USC than any of the guys that came before him. (To his great credit, he also shepherded the program through the probation years and was a 4 year starter)

**One thing that stands out about Barkley if you watch him enough: He throws the best corner fade of any college QB I've ever seen. He's also had a lot of practice throwing the back shoulder fade that's become so popular in the NFL (but hasn't really caught on in college yet).

There's a lot to like, but he's not tank-the-season good. And he's another 6'2" QB, for the people who think Sanchez is too short.