Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy: start Manning vs. Steelers or Cutler vs. Colts?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Fantasy: start Manning vs. Steelers or Cutler vs. Colts?

Want to start Manning, but Cutler should have an easier time. Thoughts?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cutler, symmetry is there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cutler. Marshall should own Davis.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll take Cutdawg to B-Marsh over a a Forehead coming off neck surgery and being out a year. And considering the opposing Ds, it's easily gotta be Cutler.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does seem like a much better match up for fantasty football.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'll take Cutdawg to B-Marsh over a a Forehead coming off neck surgery and being out a year. And considering the opposing Ds, it's easily gotta be Cutler.
    Yeeeeeep

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same choice that I have.I'm going with Cutler (so it will probably be Manning with the better day)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with Manning, Pitt's run D is solid I would expect the Broncos to spread out the field and throw a lot to Decker and Tamme much like Brady does against them. Manning probably throws 40+ times

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    I would go with Manning, Pitt's run D is solid I would expect the Broncos to spread out the field and throw a lot to Decker and Tamme much like Brady does against them. Manning probably throws 40+ times
    But it's Pitt's D. I tend to shy away from that monster as much as I can.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    But it's Pitt's D. I tend to shy away from that monster as much as I can.
    I disagree. PIT's defense has been perennially known for this run stopping ability, and pass rush. They're secondary has been as up and down as any team's in the league. and right now, they got injuries and age to make up for.

I'd take Manning. Running on PIT might still be tough, but don't think it's too much to ask to expect Peyton to throw 3 TDs.
    Last edited by Paradis; 09-08-2012 at 11:48 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I disagree. PIT's defense has been perennially known for this run stopping ability, and pass rush. They're secondary has been as up and down as any team's in the league. and right now, they got injuries and age to make up for.

I'd take Manning. Running on PIT might still be tough, but don't think it's too much to ask to expect Peyton to throw 3 TDs.
    I understand where your coming from, but peyton is 2-2 against the steelers. Completes less than 60% of his passes, about 250 ish yards a game. 7 TD's and 4 picks. Pittsburgh last year averaged less than 170 yards per game thru the air. I would shy away even if he wasn't coming back from surgery. His first game back facing the steelers? I'd take my chances with cutler.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manning has a lot to prove and if his receivers can get it together (holy dejavu) he will be racking up points. Pittsburgh looked all around sh!tty against the Buffelblows in preseason.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    When question marks surround them, you don't pick the better QB. You pick the worse defense.

Cutler vs. Colts is the play.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    When question marks surround them, you don't pick the better QB. You pick the worse defense.

Cutler vs. Colts is the play.

SAR I
    This.

I knew we saw eye to eye on some things. Btw, shouldn't you be in bed by now? Tailgating starts at 8:00am sharp!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The issue is more do you feel that OL can protect him at all. I'd simply go with Cutler because he is the much safer bet. Manning could throw 4 TDs and be a stud or he can get 7 sacks and be crippled for life. I really see this more of does he get the Joe Mantana treatment. I just don't see that happening.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    The issue is more do you feel that OL can protect him at all. I'd simply go with Cutler because he is the much safer bet. Manning could throw 4 TDs and be a stud or he can get 7 sacks and be crippled for life. I really see this more of does he get the Joe Mantana treatment. I just don't see that happening.
    The guy hasn't thrown a pass on the nfl in over a year. The issue is that and he is playing the steelers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The guy hasn't thrown a pass on the nfl in over a year. The issue is that and he is playing the steelers.
    Anyone that drafted him and plan to start him obviously are not real concerned with that. Manning has always been a pretty consistent fantasy QB. Yeah maybe he isn't going to look the same but even at 60% of what he was your still talking a guy that can take a part a D with his brain. 160 yards and 2 TDs would be a modest start for what he is and that would be OK fantasy #s. That is all moot if this line can't protect him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    This.

I knew we saw eye to eye on some things. Btw, shouldn't you be in bed by now? Tailgating starts at 8:00am sharp!
    Can't sleep. Very worried about my BMW in Lot D, she's three weeks old and hasn't had a bird strike yet. I'd take the minivan but the wife's coaching a soccer game.

Tailgating starts at 8AM? Bratwurst and beer for breakfast? Yuck.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't sleep. Very worried about my BMW in Lot D, she's three weeks old and hasn't had a bird strike yet. I'd take the minivan but the wife's coaching a soccer game.

SAR I
    Yeah, you can't take a brand new BMW to a tailgate. Footballs flying all over the place. Won't work. Might have to come to you for advice on a Beemer. Thinking a 3 series. Has to be an xi, for all wheel drive.

Anyway......

I do steak and eggs for breakfast. Medium rare and over easy. Don't worry, I'd have a mimosa waiting for you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Just buy a couple extras. Btw I'm guessing Freeny and Mathis tear it up as rush LBs. Cutler throws 3 picks. So if you're in a league where they count pick 6s then play Cutler