Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: "Stripes" is on Spike TV

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,731
    Post Thanks / Like

    "Stripes" is on Spike TV

    FYI

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares?!

    I own this on DVD.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Who cares?!

    I own this on DVD.
    Dude, it's on Spike TV. No disc required.

  4. #4
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    5,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Dude, it's on Spike TV. No disc required.
    One of my discs is herniated.

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lotta discs in here.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    21,943
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it good?


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    FYI
    The one with Brian Doyle Murray's brother in it?



    -

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The one with Brian Doyle Murray's brother in it?



    -
    That's the one. The husband of John Candy's wife is also in it.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    6,618
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Ma'am, I'm sure there are a lot of ways I've gone that you haven't."

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Island of Sodor
    Posts
    6,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Is it good?


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...
    Most overrated and unfunny movie ever unless you are a first grader. They must have made this for about $1.98 and it's poor frat humor at best. Adding to the problems with this disaster is that the titty shots are minimal.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my faves from that era. Bill Murray's infectious smarm has never been better, although some will argue it was best in Meatballs. Plus, I had such a crush on P.J. Soles (Hadn't heard of Sean Young before this flick, but my interest escalated precipitously, both mentally and physically).

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Most overrated and unfunny movie ever unless you are a first grader. They must have made this for about $1.98 and it's poor frat humor at best. Adding to the problems with this disaster is that the titty shots are minimal.
    Not sure what movie you were watching. Home Alone perhaps?

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Island of Sodor
    Posts
    6,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Not sure what movie you were watching. Home Alone perhaps?
    LOL! I'm embarrassed to tell you that I own the DVD of Stripes and have watched it numerous times to find the funnies that everyone else seems to rave about. I guess it must be me. I am a fan of Murry's work but this one escapes me.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,407
    Post Thanks / Like
    What time is the movie on?

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    4,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    LOL! I'm embarrassed to tell you that I own the DVD of Stripes and have watched it numerous times to find the funnies that everyone else seems to rave about. I guess it must be me. I am a fan of Murry's work but this one escapes me.
    Well, sounds like you've made a good faith effort.

    If Murray's shtick isn't doing it for you, here are a few other things that make the movie extremely enjoyable (at least for me) and worthy of repeated viewings.

    1. Just about every single thing John Candy says and does in the movie is hilarious.

    2. Warren Oates gives a standout acting performance as Sgt. Hulka. IMO, as compelling a dramatic performance as a drill sergeant as the far more celebrated ones of Lou Gossett Jr. (Officer and a Gentleman) and Lee Ermey (Full Metal Jacket). And to pull it off in a comedy is all the more impressive.

    3. PJ Soles is in her cute/sexy prime. Sean Young looks great too (though I find her husky voice to be a bit of a turn-off).

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Lotta discs in here.


    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    What time is the movie on?
    x 2

  17. #17
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    29,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Most overrated and unfunny movie ever unless you are a first grader. They must have made this for about $1.98 and it's poor frat humor at best. Adding to the problems with this disaster is that the titty shots are minimal.
    I think your homage is infested.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Island of Sodor
    Posts
    6,776
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I think your homage is infested.
    Possibly

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    34,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    What time is the movie on?
    It's not on in Jacksonville.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,926
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    One of my faves from that era. Bill Murray's infectious smarm has never been better, although some will argue it was best in Meatballs. Plus, I had such a crush on P.J. Soles (Hadn't heard of Sean Young before this flick, but my interest escalated precipitously, both mentally and physically).
    Sean Young was so hot back in the day.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us