Thread: Tailgating Jets And Giants Fans Getting A Food Truck City

All League

Tailgating Jets And Giants Fans Getting A Food Truck City

Tailgating Jets And Giants Fans Getting A Food Truck City

Now there's more than one reason to get pumped for the upcoming Jets and Giants season: tailgating at Food Truck City! Starting with tomorrow's opener, food truck favorites like Kelvin Slush, Kimchi Taco Truck, Mexicue and Rickshaw Dumplings will expand their citywide domination, hanging out in front of MetLife Stadium and serving up some pre-game goodies to fans.

About 5 to 8 trucks will rotate for each home game, so even if we have to cede the Jets' season to total Tebow failure (and the Giants' to "Super Bowl hangover"), we'll certainly be well-fed. And after all, maybe all the Jets really needs to get those touchdowns is a little food truck fire in Rex Ryan's its belly.

Midtown Trucks To Tailgate For the NY Jets

For all you sports fans, hereís some exciting news. This season, youíll be able to find some of NYCís finest food trucks set up before each game for your tailgating pleasure. Some trucks have already been lining up for the pregames, but starting with the season opener this Sunday, a rotating crew of 5-8 trucks will be onsite. The trucks will likely include Midtown favorites, including Nuchas, Schnitzel & Things, Wafels & Dinges, Mexicue, Rickshaw Dumplings, Kimchi Taco Truck, and Kelvin Slush who will all be there this weekend. Food Truck City will be featured at each home game, located between the MetLife Gate and the Pepsi Gate on the inner loop roadway, just outside the stadium. Game on indeed!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

YES!

Upscale food options for the not-listening-to-Molly-Hatchett-in-my-30-year-old-high-school-football-jersey crowd. It's a yuppie tailgate! If I flash my BMW key fob, do I get some extra wasabi on my sushi?

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

If big Ds grub an korilla ain't there, I don't want to be a part of it.

I wonder if they jack up the prices relative to what we all know from during the week.

By the way, I'm on craigslist now looking for tickets for tmrw to take my son to his first regular season game. It's really embarrassing how many tix are readily available.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Often imitated. Never duplicated.

All League
    I would love to see some of the Red Hook food trucks there. Love those Papusas!

Gotta love the options. I'm also curious if prices will be jacked up to be consistent with other stadium offerings.

I'm just back from vacation and not quite prepared for today's game, but I'm hoping to get there with enough time for about an hour of quick grilling (turkey burgers, chicken and veggie kabobs, and a few chicken drumsticks). And mainly since I saw them promoted yesterday at the beer store, I'm going with Sierra Nevada cans (?) today. Actually, the link below makes a quick and somewhat compelling case for why one may want to consider cans, especially for a tailgate:

http://www.sierranevada.com/beers/cans.html

The Schnitzel Truck is the best food truck in the city. If they are there, I highly recommend checking them out.

Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post

Often imitated. Never duplicated.
    Fat cat please

All Pro
    Sorry guys but 5-8 food trucks serving potentially thousands of customers sounds like a recipe for eternal lines to me.

Good luck though. If you can actually get served, it's usually a pretty good eat judging from the upscale ones I've hit around midtown recently. In particular there's a German sausage truck near me that is absolutely incredible.

All League
    Nice.

Unrelated question, I have a green pass today and I want to watching in either E or F. I'm coming from Hoboken so is my best bet, route 3 to 120N to get into those lots or is is better to swing around?