Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laron Landry

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Laron Landry

What a great pickup. He made some impact plays today, and some big hits. The hit on Fred Jackson was clean BTW, right on the thigh. Too bad that meant Spiller got more carries the rest of the game though!

Looking forward to him drilling some QB's on blitzes in the coming games.

Last good safety we had was???? Well, it's been a while.

agreed, bell has made some nice plays too

Jets Insider VIP
    Landry. Levels.

Road grader...

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Veteran
    Knoxville, TN, but originally from NW Mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    What a great pickup. He made some impact plays today, and some big hits. The hit on Fred Jackson was clean BTW, right on the thigh. Too bad that meant Spiller got more carries the rest of the game though!

Very encouraging. I hope he watches the personal fouls, though. He got one and very easily could've gotten another.

Veteran
    LL Beast. Sounds like really tough pants.
    Really though , dudes a monster.

His new nickname "Bane"

He was raging today!

Veteran
    Yeah, good game. Hope he stays healthy. We need a safety like him.

He needs to stay healthy

Great fing game tho

LARON SMASH!

played like a pro bowler today. Was a little late reacting on 1 or 2 plays but that will take care of itself soon. Its his first real game in the system and he said this was very different from the Wash system. He plays at full speed like Polamalu and he's a playmaker which is something we haven't had in a while. Its not that he's a good safety its that he's always around the ball. He has the speed, athletism and etc to make plays. He saved a possible HUGE run early in the game coming from the other side of the field to get spiller, took Jackson out of the game again coming from the opposite side, forced a fumble near the end of the 1st half after a completion. He makes plays and that is something we needed.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxJetFan View Post
    Very encouraging. I hope he watches the personal fouls, though. He got one and very easily could've gotten another.
    I don't want to say I'm OK with the personal fouls because they can be killers, but I kind of feel like you have to take the good with the bad with a guy like him.

He's going to dish out big hits and some are going to be penalties. So be it.

There is no doubt that the opponents know he's back there just waiting for an opportunity to break them in half.

Is that even capable of pulling up? Every hit this guy throws has total hate wrapped up in it.

Obviously, the training staff needs to figure out a way to keep him healthy. He'll be instrumental in getting the Jets into the playoffs if we can keep him healthy. He's a VERY important player for us in the very near future. Remember, we go to NE before too long and I think Rex Ryan wanted Laron Landry specifically thinking about the Patsy games this season.

The biggest difference was Bell and Landry especially

in terms of fear....on several plays you saw the receivers looking behind and going down early out fear of our safeties. It's a nice change from Leonard and Smith.

Getting a ride home from the game now...landry was hitting great...coverage was ok..beat badly in the open field by spiller

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Is that even capable of pulling up? Every hit this guy throws has total hate wrapped up in it.
    lol ... This!

He is my new favorite j-e-t

Ljr

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

+1.

Let's pray he stays healthy all season.

He had a great game. He was looking to hurt people. Better game than Smith ever had, that's for sure

All League
    I dont remember the last time we had safeties that could hit

Landry played faster than I expected, and his recovery speed especially was excellent I thought. He wasn't flawless in coverage, but his athleticism helped make up for it. Bell very solid too.

I don't remember seeing Jets secondary depth look this good in a while. Not sure if Lankster and Truant have just improved or if having competent safety play has made their jobs easier. Either way, good stuff.