Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would be shock move, but they should cut Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Would serve a few purposes:

1) Ultimate vote of confidence for Sanchez and rewards one of the best throwing games of his career
    Sanchez already has the vote of confidence. Only the idiot media and ignorant fans think that there is a QB controversy. And if the Tebow signing did pressure SAnchez, it apparently worked.

2) Would scrap Wildcat, which seemed very limited today and overall is not used by any great offense in the NFL
    Yeah, it didn't work in one game therefore it sucks. typical fan overreaction. The offense looked horrible during preseason also. Things change.

3) Would allow more focus on a promising conventional passing game going forward
    Um, er, they did focus on the conventional passing and the Wildcat is not meant to replace the passing game (despite what the media brainwashed you to think), the wildcat replaces straight hand offs to our below average RB.

4) Would end Tebow circus
    LOL< what Circus? The media created nonsense that gullible fans bought into? "OH NO the media is covering us and saying we are a joke that is TOTALLY going to hurt our chances of converting on third down!"

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Just stop it. I can't stand this notion that Tebow somehow has an effect on the fact Mark played well. It's just stupid and tiresome. Tim Tebow is not a very good NFL football player but he has his place on this team. Cutting him now would be silly. But the reasons Mark played well has everything to do with Mark himself and the much improved Offensive line play and NOTHING to do with the "presence" of Tim Tebow.
    The fact is, we on the outside just don't know. I've heard from many places that Mark is different this year. Is some of that just part of Mark maturing ? Possibly. Maybe it's Sparano ? Possibly here as well. Is some of that due to Tebow ? Quite possibly. I mean, some of the very things that people thought Tebow might bring to the table are things that Sanchez is doing better at. More of a leader. More focus. Being able to bounce back after making a mistake.

Some of it might be Tebow directly, while some of it might be an indirect result of Tebow being here (brings out the competitive fire in Mark).

Point is, all/some of this is possible and being on the outside, none of us know one way or the other.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    The fact is, we on the outside just don't know. I've heard from many places that Mark is different this year. Is some of that just part of Mark maturing ? Possibly. Maybe it's Sparano ? Possibly here as well. Is some of that due to Tebow ? Quite possibly. I mean, some of the very things that people thought Tebow might bring to the table are things that Sanchez is doing better at. More of a leader. More focus. Being able to bounce back after making a mistake.

Some of it might be Tebow directly, while some of it might be an indirect result of Tebow being here (brings out the competitive fire in Mark).

Point is, all/some of this is possible and being on the outside, none of us know one way or the other.
    How about the fact that Mark has an offensive coordinator that will play to his strengths and develop a game plan that works? I know you havent watched the Jets prior to this year, but the offense looks entirely different, and the O line played a lot better. This has nothing to do with Tebow teaching Mark anything, its about the game plan and new offensive philosophy, and giving Mark some weapons to work with.

Would serve a few purposes:

1) Ultimate vote of confidence for Sanchez and rewards one of the best throwing games of his career

2) Would scrap Wildcat, which seemed very limited today and overall is not used by any great offense in the NFL

3) Would allow more focus on a promising conventional passing game going forward

4) Would end Tebow circus

I would do it. Tannenbaum won't, but he should...
    Agreed. If "right after the first game of the season in which we had a monster win" isn't the right time to make a significant change to the roster, I don't know what is . . .

I am intrigued by your ideas, and would like to sign up for your newsletter.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Agreed. If "right after the first game of the season in which we had a monster win" isn't the right time to make a significant change to the roster, I don't know what is . . .

If you sign up for his newsletter, you get a free subscription to VinnyTOWayne's as well.

So you've got that going for you....

Look I know you drool over Tebow, you have since the moment we got him. In fact I'm pretty sure you showed up here the moment we got him. If thinking that the mere presence of Tebow somehow makes Sanchez a better QB gets you through your day then so be it. It's ridiculously senseless, but I haven't seen much in the way of sense from Tebow fans.

Hall Of Fame

lol.

All League

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    How about the fact that Mark has an offensive coordinator that will play to his strengths and develop a game plan that works? I know you havent watched the Jets prior to this year, but the offense looks entirely different, and the O line played a lot better. This has nothing to do with Tebow teaching Mark anything, its about the game plan and new offensive philosophy, and giving Mark some weapons to work with.
    Could be. That's probably why I had this line in the post you replied to:

Maybe it's Sparano ?
    Basically, there's a broad possible spectrum ranging from Tebow having absolutely no effect on Sanchez or the locker room (which might benefit Sanchez) on one end, to Tebow being Sanchez's own personal guru, and personal motivator on the other.

I think the true answer lies somewhere in that spectrum as opposed to one end or the other. BUT, we here on the outside just don't know. It's quite possible that Mark would be this way even if Tebow had gone to Jax.

Question: Do you personally know enough one way or the other to comfortably say "Fark it, cut Tebow now" ?

Hall Of Fame

Basically, there's a broad possible spectrum ranging from Tebow having absolutely no effect on Sanchez or the locker room (which might benefit Sanchez) on one end, to Tebow being Sanchez's own personal guru, and personal motivator on the other.

I think the true answer lies somewhere in that spectrum as opposed to one end or the other. BUT, we here on the outside just don't know. It's quite possible that Mark would be this way even if Tebow had gone to Jax.

Question: Do you personally know enough one way or the other to comfortably say "Fark it, cut Tebow now" ?
    First of all I NEVER said cut Tebow. Second, the only people saying anything to the effect of Tebow being a personal "guru" to Mark is the insane over the top Tebow supporters (like yourself).

I know you want to make it like Tebow is responsible for anything positive that happens to the Jets, but the fact is that yesterday's success was because the Jets executed on the field and had a solid game plan. Lets not make it out to be any more complicated than it needs to be.

First of all I NEVER said cut Tebow. Second, the only people saying anything to the effect of Tebow being a personal "guru" to Mark is the insane over the top Tebow supporters (like yourself).

I know you want to make it like Tebow is responsible for anything positive that happens to the Jets, but the fact is that yesterday's success was because the Jets executed on the field and had a solid game plan. Lets not make it out to be any more complicated than it needs to be.
    Jesus saves and Sanchez scores on the rebound

QUITE POSSIBLE!?!?!? Really, the fact that a particular man stands on the sideline makes him better? You're gonna go with that? He're's the reality-Tim Tebow doesn't cure cancer. He doesn't heal with his touch. He doesn't make people better at anything just with his mere presence. Fact is Tim Tebow is a really nice guy who happens to be a pretty poor football player at the professional level.

hello ? Go look at the SUBJECT OF THE FREAKING THREAD and then realize that the reply of mine that you responded to was one that was addressing that topic.

As far as Tebow goes, I have gone out of my way to to cover a number of possibilities, including the possibility that Tebow had no influence/impact at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    QUITE POSSIBLE!?!?!? Really, the fact that a particular man stands on the sideline makes him better? You're gonna go with that? He're's the reality-Tim Tebow doesn't cure cancer. He doesn't heal with his touch. He doesn't make people better at anything just with his mere presence. Fact is Tim Tebow is a really nice guy who happens to be a pretty poor football player at the professional level.
    Actually, anyone who isn't biased will tell you that Tebow is one hell of a football player at the NFL level. That the question is whether he is a good/decent QB.

Secondly, yeah, Tebow *might* have an impact standing on the sidelines. What did you all see over the passed 3 years when Sanchez would make a blunder headed mistake ? He'd go to the bench and pout. Put a towel over his head and sulk. Yada, yada, yada.

this year ? He had that INT at the start of the game and afterwards, iirc, he went over and started looking at stuff with coaches.

Totally different approach, and I'm not the first or only person to comment on it.

What do I know about Tebow ? That he made a bunch of boneheaded or bad mistakes last year and he would never let those mistakes get to him. he'd go over to the sidelines after doing something stupid, and still be positive and optimistic.

Again, there's a possibility that Sanchez matured and changed on his own, or that it's Sparano's influence, or maybe, just maybe, he might have learned something from Tebow. How to not let bad things affect you. You rinse it off, get back in there and keep fighting.

Without talking to Mark, we don't know what the answer is. Could be any of the above, or some combination therein.

Hall Of Fame
    hello ? Go look at the SUBJECT OF THE FREAKING THREAD and then realize that the reply of mine that you responded to was one that was addressing that topic.

As far as Tebow goes, I have gone out of my way to to cover a number of possibilities, including the possibility that Tebow had no influence/impact at all.
    Right, and my reply was to you in regards to implying that Tebow may have been some type of guru to Sanchez and that the reason for the success of the team yesterday was because of the players on the field and the game plan that was implemented.

Like I said earlier, you have not watched the Jets prior to this year, so you have no idea what is actually different, you are only here because of Tebow. Now if you want to tell us how the broncos looked different from last year then you could speak to that because you were a Bronco fan last year.

People need to realize that Tebow and that offense absolutely contributed to things being so open for Sanchez. When these teams are spending time focusing on the wildcat and Tebow, it's less practice towards Sanchez and the base offense.

Tebow clearly brings something positive to the table to Sanchez as well. Sanchez and Sparano both seem to be very comfortable with everything as well. Can see that much on the sideline.

There are going to be a couple of games this year where the Tebow offense makes a bigger impact than the Sanchez offense.

SOJF just need to quit looking for something to ***** about.

And there is no controversy... It's just something for the media to talk about. A few dumb fans unfortunately just buy into it. And even non fans... Hence the dumb newspaper headlines we seen from papers like the Post.

Actually, anyone who isn't biased will tell you that Tebow is one hell of a football player at the NFL level. That the question is whether he is a good/decent QB.

Secondly, yeah, Tebow *might* have an impact standing on the sidelines. What did you all see over the passed 3 years when Sanchez would make a blunder headed mistake ? He'd go to the bench and pout. Put a towel over his head and sulk. Yada, yada, yada.

this year ? He had that INT at the start of the game and afterwards, iirc, he went over and started looking at stuff with coaches.

Totally different approach, and I'm not the first or only person to comment on it.

What do I know about Tebow ? That he made a bunch of boneheaded or bad mistakes last year and he would never let those mistakes get to him. he'd go over to the sidelines after doing something stupid, and still be positive and optimistic.

Again, there's a possibility that Sanchez matured and changed on his own, or that it's Sparano's influence, or maybe, just maybe, he might have learned something from Tebow. How to not let bad things affect you. You rinse it off, get back in there and keep fighting.

Without talking to Mark, we don't know what the answer is. Could be any of the above, or some combination therein.
    Sanchez has played decent football on par with his experience throughout his career. He has been ripped to shreds at every turn by fans and media and watched his team bring in the most adored player on the planet so that he could hear everyone start predicting when Sanchez would be benched, yet the kid still goes out there and puts up a great performance. Guys like you want to immediately say that's all Tebow's presence, but it's BS. The notion that Sanchez is soft is garbage. He pouts? So does Roethlisberger, so do both Mannings, so does Brady, so does Rivers, so does pretty much every QB in the league. Mark Sanchez has been roasted, fried, baked, and burned by Jets fans and media yet he still stands in there and takes it like a man. Mark Sanchez is palying well because of the resolve of Mark Sanchez, not Tim Tebow.

Right, and my reply was to you in regards to implying that Tebow may have been some type of guru to Sanchez and that the reason for the success of the team yesterday was because of the players on the field and the game plan that was implemented.

Like I said earlier, you have not watched the Jets prior to this year, so you have no idea what is actually different, you are only here because of Tebow. Now if you want to tell us how the broncos looked different from last year then you could speak to that because you were a Bronco fan last year.
    You're right, I didn't watch the Jets much prior to this year. That said, I've listened to the commentators, announcers and analysts. I've listened to press conferences by coaches. I've read interviews and quotes from all of the above.

A common theme that spans across all those sources is that there are noticeable differences in Mark this year, and it's more than the fact that he put on about 10 pounds of muscle. There's talk about him being more vocal. Talk about him taking more of a leadership role. Talk about him being in command this year. Talk about him reacting differently than he had in the past.

With those things in mind, one might start to think about what Tebow brings to the table, according to even some of his detractors. One is his optimism and how things just never get him down. Throw a pic ? Be mad at the mistake, forget about it, go out and throw a TD next time. 3 and outs 8 times in a row ? No problem, we've got them right where we want them. Optimism and confidence.

The there's the whole "effect on the locker room" thing that guys like Champ Bailey talked about. How culture/attitudes changed. How teammates actually believed. Yada, yada, yada.

Next thing would be to wonder whether any of the changes in Mark have anything to do with what Tebow brings. It's a logical thing to ask and to wonder about.

Take this passage from a NY Times article:

In subtle ways, Tebow and Sanchez have influenced each other, most notably in the weight room. Although Sanchez decided to bulk up before Tebow arrived, adding 12 pounds of muscle, teammates have sensed a renewed commitment from him. He and Tebow were two of six Jets to record perfect scores on the Functional Movement Screen, an assessment tool that measures mobility, stability and core function.

“Man, oh, man, they were really getting after it,” Coach Rex Ryan said. “They push each other that way. It’s kind of a neat thing with everyone trying to make this a controversy or pit those two against each other. You look at their body language. I hear them. What they have is genuine.”

Hall Of Fame
    You're right, I didn't watch the Jets much prior to this year. That said, I've listened to the commentators, announcers and analysts. I've listened to press conferences by coaches. I've read interviews and quotes from all of the above.

A common theme that spans across all those sources is that there are noticeable differences in Mark this year, and it's more than the fact that he put on about 10 pounds of muscle. There's talk about him being more vocal. Talk about him taking more of a leadership role. Talk about him being in command this year. Talk about him reacting differently than he had in the past.

With those things in mind, one might start to think about what Tebow brings to the table, according to even some of his detractors. One is his optimism and how things just never get him down. Throw a pic ? Be mad at the mistake, forget about it, go out and throw a TD next time. 3 and outs 8 times in a row ? No problem, we've got them right where we want them. Optimism and confidence.

The there's the whole "effect on the locker room" thing that guys like Champ Bailey talked about. How culture/attitudes changed. How teammates actually believed. Yada, yada, yada.

Next thing would be to wonder whether any of the changes in Mark have anything to do with what Tebow brings. It's a logical thing to ask and to wonder about.

Take this passage from a NY Times article:
    Then you have no idea as to the actual differences between the offensive game plan from yesterday and what we watched for the previous 6 years, because if you did you would just stop with this whole notion that Tebow somehow posses this magical presence.

I have no issues with 99.9% of the people on this site. They are die hard Jet fans who have been here for years and will be here for years to come. Do not insult them by coming in here and pretending you are some sort of super fan, when in reality you could care less what happens to the Jets, and all you really care about is Tebow, and will be gone next season.