Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would be shock move, but they should cut Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    You're right, I didn't watch the Jets much prior to this year.
    You are an example of what many long-time, long-suffering Jets Fans wanted nothing to do with when we aquired Tebow.

A non-fan here only for Tebow.

We Jets Fans (speaking generally) do not require, nor desire, new "fans" who only come on because of a single player, and will depart as quickly as they arrived when that player inevitably departs.

The fact that you have been so aggressive, and so frequent, a poster is very likely why you get such a strong and negative reaction from so many. They see you for what you are, not a Jets Fan of any kind, but a Tebow Fan.

We, again speaking generally, are all here for the team. We may have our favorites and our internal disagreements, but we all (trolls nonwithstanding) live and die and bleed Jets Green & White. All of us.

You, on the other hand, stand only for the temporary, the transient, the current, the now. The "Tebow Era". The Jets, the team and it's history, mean nothing to you.

I am sure you can imagaine how little a lifelong Jets fan, given our history and suffering, will respect such a Johnny-come-lately hanger-on player-fan guy.

In brief, you're like the guy who once posted here who was from Marshall, and rattled on endlessly about Pennington. Not because of the Jets, but because of Pennington.

You belong on TebowInsider.com.

Not Jets Insider.com.

So, now you know. The replies you get should not shock you going forward.

Best of luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The real circus is caused by people asking for this kind of nonsense.

Really, in a million years, in any scenario you can dream up...real or imagined, can you ever see anyone cutting him, your backup QB after week one.

What a waste of time.

After 48 points, 41 just past the half you don't even have the tired old distraction excuse to fall back on. Can someone wait until there is even a hint that its hurting the team before continuing to whine about Tebow. I'm not a fan but this is silly.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-10-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You are an example of what many long-time, long-suffering Jets Fans wanted nothing to do with when we aquired Tebow.

We Jets Fans (speaking generally) do not require, nor desire, new "fans" who only come on because of a single player, and will depart as quickly as they arrived when that player inevitably departs.

The fact that you have been so aggressive, and so frequent, a poster is very likely why you get such a strong and negative reaction from so many. They see you for what you are, not a Jets Fan of any kind, but a Tebow Fan.

We, again speaking generally, are all here for the team. We may have our favorites and our internal disagreements, but we all (trolls nonwithstanding) live and die and bleed Jets Green & White. All of us.

You, on the other hand, stand only for the temporary, the transient, the current, the now. The "Tebow Era". The Jets, the team and it's history, mean nothing to you.

I am sure you can imagaine how little a lifelong Jets fan, given our history and suffering, will respect such a Johnny-come-lately hanger-on player-fan guy.

In brief, you're like the guy who once posted here who was from Marshall, and rattled on endlessly about Pennington. Not because of the Jets, but because of Pennington.

Not Jets Insider.com.

Best of luck.

Warfish, not going to get into a long drawn out fight over this, but I will state my case.

Small challenge for you. Go through and find a single post where I have said that Tebow should be the starter. I could save you some time and tell you that you won't find such post because I've said from the day of the trade that Sanchez should be the starter, and that it was a good situation for Tebow, as he could continue to develop as a QB while being the #2.

Or how about another challenge. Find ANY post from me showing favoritism towards Tebow at the expense of the rest of the team. You know, something along the lines of "I want what's best for Tebow, and fark the team if there are any negative consequences". Again, I'll save you the trouble and tell you that you won't find such a post.

Why is that ? It's because even though I have a favorite player on the team, I fully understand that it's a team sport and the TEAM is who you pull for.

I guess my biggest problem is that some of you here see a person defending Tebow, or praising him, and you automatically presume "Tebowite". You then probably look to the join date and if its pre March, 2012, you presume some "real" fan has succumbed to the darkside, and much worse, if it's a post March 2012 date, you presume that the person obviously only gives a **** about Tebow.

Lastly, "my guy", Tim Tebow, was involved in only a handful of plays and rushed for something like 12 yards this past weekend and guess what ? I'm freaking happy as a pig in **** because WE hung 48 points on the Bills. WE showed the rest of the world that WE clowns of the circus are going to kick ass and take names. WE had the highest scoring offense in week #1 even though people thought that WE weren't going to be able to do **** offensively. WE have a QB who threw 3 TDs, 70+% completion percentage and with an avg of something like 9 yards per completion, with 5 receivers having double digit AYPC. And lastly, WE have a defense who snagged 3 picks and were laying down some licks to make other teams take notice.

Not Jets Insider.com.

Best of luck.
    Since we're apparently speaking for the JI population, let me represent the portion that would GLADLY listen to "fake" fans that actually talk football vs. the "real" ones who's only agenda is to tell us what a joke this team is, how we need to overhaul the entire FO, and how we'll be lucky to win 5 games all season . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Since we're apparently speaking for the JI population, let me represent the portion that would GLADLY listen to "fake" fans that actually talk football vs. the "real" ones who's only agenda is to tell us what a joke this team is, how we need to overhaul the entire FO, and how we'll be lucky to win 5 games all season . . .
    Thanks OCCH.

Warfish, not going to get into a long drawn out fight over this
    Of course we're not. I'm not greatly interested one way or the other why someone is a fan. I bloviate at the drop of hat, this was just an example of that. I like the sound of my own typed word. I'm also generally pro-Tebow being here, which probably helps.

In any event...

Glad to have given you an opportunity to state your case.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Would serve a few purposes:

1) Ultimate vote of confidence for Sanchez and rewards one of the best throwing games of his career

2) Would scrap Wildcat, which seemed very limited today and overall is not used by any great offense in the NFL

3) Would allow more focus on a promising conventional passing game going forward

4) Would end Tebow circus

I would do it. Tannenbaum won't, but he should...

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/20...c47b4395da.jpg

Of course we're not. I'm not greatly interested one way or the other why someone is a fan. I bloviate at the drop of hat, this was just an example of that. I like the sound of my own typed word. I'm also generally pro-Tebow being here, which probably helps.

In any event...

Glad to have given you an opportunity to state your case.

And I thank yo for that opportunity BTW, nice bloviating

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetvol1 View Post
    We haven't seen the full Tebow package yet.
    Whoa! Let's keep that kinda talk in the Soccer Forum where it belongs!

The guy isn't a QB, and runs about as well as a fullback. Waste of a roster spot. I know Tannenbaum would never do it because he made the splash bringing Tebow in. It was as bad of a move when it happened as it is now
    Yeah he looked really bad when he kicked our butts last year!!

Would serve a few purposes:

1) Ultimate vote of confidence for Sanchez and rewards one of the best throwing games of his career

2) Would scrap Wildcat, which seemed very limited today and overall is not used by any great offense in the NFL

3) Would allow more focus on a promising conventional passing game going forward

4) Would end Tebow circus

I would do it. Tannenbaum won't, but he should...

In my opinion, which I am sure a lot of posters would agree with me, is keep him, but ONLY as backup QB. No wildcat crap which can ruin Sanchez's rhythm. He should only be in there if Sanchez were get to hurt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    In my opinion, which I am sure a lot of posters would agree with me, is keep him, but ONLY as backup QB. No wildcat crap which can ruin Sanchez's rhythm. He should only be in there if Sanchez were get to hurt.
    That does seem like sound logical thinking, but the facts are the Sanchez was 4 for 5 for 61 yards, and 2 TDs directly after Tebow was in. Maybe Tebow disconcerts the defense more than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Sanchez passed the ball 6 times immediately after a Tebow WC play. He went 5/6 for 66 yards and 2 TDs in those plays.

That's an 83.3% completion percentage, 11 AYPA, 13.2 AYPC, and a ridiculous TD% of 33.33%.

If that's what happens when you ruin Sanchez's rhythm, then they should do it as often as they can.

All Pro
    Sanchez passed the ball 6 times immediately after a Tebow WC play. He went 5/6 for 66 yards and 2 TDs in those plays.

That's an 83.3% completion percentage, 11 AYPA, 13.2 AYPC, and a ridiculous TD% of 33.33%.

If that's what happens when you ruin Sanchez's rhythm, then they should do it as often as they can.
    One of those plays Tebow played TE, and ran a route. Mark was the qb so it really shouldn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    One of those plays Tebow played TE, and ran a route. Mark was the qb so it really shouldn't count.
    I'll go back and double check. These were the numbers from Cimini, but I thought they matched what I pulled from the play by play @ ESPN.

EDIT:

You were right.

Per ESPN's Play by Play:

4/5 for 61 yds, 2 TDs

80% comp %, 15.25 AYPC, 12.2 AYPA TD% 40%

1st and 10 at NYJ 30 (Shotgun) Direct snap to T.Tebow. J.McKnight right end to NYJ 33 for 3 yards (M.Williams).
    2nd and 7 at NYJ 33 M.Sanchez pass short right to J.Cumberland to NYJ 44 for 11 yards (N.Barnett).

1st and 10 at BUF 37 (Shotgun) Direct snap to T.Tebow. B.Powell left end to BUF 33 for 4 yards (G.Wilson).
    2nd and 6 at BUF 33 M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to S.Holmes.

1st and 10 at BUF 16 (Shotgun) Direct snap to T.Tebow. T.Tebow left tackle to BUF 12 for 4 yards (C.Kelsay).
    2nd and 6 at BUF 12 M.Sanchez pass short right to J.Kerley for 12 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 0 6

1st and 10 at BUF 36 (Shotgun) Direct snap to T.Tebow. T.Tebow right tackle to BUF 33 for 3 yards (Sp.Johnson; J.Byrd).
    End of Period
    2nd and 7 at BUF 33 M.Sanchez pass deep left to S.Hill for 33 yards, TOUCHDOWN. 0 13

2nd and 6 at BUF 12 (Shotgun) T.Tebow left tackle to BUF 12 for no gain (Ky.Williams; N.Barnett).
    3rd and 6 at BUF 12 (Shotgun) M.Sanchez pass short right to J.Kerley ran ob at BUF 7 for 5 yards. New York Jets challenged the first down ruling, and the play was Upheld. (Timeout #2.)

Two other direct snaps to Tebow that were followed by run plays.

1st and 10 at NYJ 44 (Shotgun) T.Tebow left tackle to NYJ 47 for 3 yards (K.Sheppard).
    2nd and 7 at NYJ 47 S.Greene right guard to BUF 49 for 4 yards (K.Sheppard; A.Moats).

1st and 7 at BUF 7 (Shotgun) T.Tebow left end to BUF 6 for 1 yard (S.Gilmore).
    2nd and 6 at BUF 6 S.Greene right tackle to BUF 1 for 5 yards (A.Williams). FUMBLES (A.Williams), and recovers at BUF 1.
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 09-11-2012 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetvol1 View Post
    We haven't seen the full Tebow package yet. I image we'll see more next game. lets just wait an see.
    The Tebow plays seemed very limited...and even predictable.

It was vanilla wildcat in the game...cause Tebow didn't even attempt a single pass. He needs to throw it 25-30% of the time, in order to keep a defense guessing, on what the play call is going to be...run or pass. To prevent defenses from crowding the box, to stop his runs, or hand offs to the RB.

When Tebow can't find an open receiver and decides to scramble...that's when he finds a crease in the defense to run through, and make some big gains.

Perhaps Sparano just wanted to begin establishing the Tebow package. inter mixing it with the regular offense. Get both Sanchez and Tebow acclimated to the situation...of substituting the main offense run by Sanchez...with the Tebow plays. There were two time outs called on the sideline by Rex, to prevent a delay of game penalty. So...personnel substitutions, and the execution of wildcat plays...needs to be a lot smoother.

Again...Tebow needs to throw it. And it's no better time then this upcoming game against the Steelers. If he can effectively complete some passes...it will put the defense on its heels. That is what will make Tebow very dangerous in short yardage situations...and inside the ten yard line...the real threat of the pass.

Last year...Tebow threw it to Demaryius Thomas, for some big plays. Like the playoff winning TD against the Steelers. Hopefully he can do it this year...by connecting with another former Ga Tech receiver...that's on the NYJ.

Jets Insider VIP

It gives Sanchez a chance to review the next set of plays, just like a time out.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I somewhat agree. I'd rather not hear a non-Jets fan say they ARE a Jets fan. I just don't think it's right.

That said, at least Demos knows his football. Probably knows more football than most here (myself included). He's a nice guy who gets a lot of heat from some of us (myself included), and some of it is unwarranted.

I have my opinion on how genuine his fandom is (he knows I've never kept that a secret), but he's not really hurting anyone.