Today the Jets played a masterful game. Rex had the Jets as ready to play today as I've ever seen in the regular season. That is a really good sign. Always believed Rex was a better playoff HC than a regular season HC. Well, today he coached the team as anyone could have.
The defense scored and smothered Ryan Fitzpatrick just like everyone thought. The Special Teams scored. The offense scored 34 points!
Does that put all these jokers talking sh*t about the Jets inability to score touchdowns to bed? I would think those people would be best served not to talk anymore.
Mark Sanchez played great today. He had a few passes that were a bit erratic, but for the most part catchable balls. Good decision making. Good control of the offense. Got Stephen Hill involved in the game early and often. That is REALLY good to see.
Defensive line still looks to be one of the strongest units on the team. Secondary played stellar and Revis laid an A$$ whoopin' on Stevie Johnson.
I think the entire team deserves to be able to savor this victory for the rest of today. The Jets are in Pitt next weekend and that is sure to be hell on earth. Just hope they can put up a good fight and if they play the way they did today? It'd be hard to imagine the Jets not winning.
My Crystal Ball is telling me it's going to turn out minor. He will miss no time.
For Lottery Number, the Answrr is Hazy, ask again later....
I just heard on SNY that it was a concussion. Took him to the lockerroom to test him and play it safe. Hopefully, he didn't get his bell rung and he'll be at his best against the Steelers. We'll need it.
An amazing game. Better than I could have hoped. Go Jets baby! Sanchez looked great. He showed today that he has matured into a consumate pro. He shook off that 1st Q interception and never looked back...I think it made him play better.
I'd reduce it to the 4th quarter instead of the whole 2nd half. So yes, that's it against the Bills.
Let's see if this is enough to beat the Steelers.
Lets be honest here, and I hate to ruin the Jets victory dance, but the Jets will need to play TWICE as good as today to beat the Steelers in Pitt. Based on today, I have no qualms of saying that the Jets have a chance at beating the Steelers. But they'll need to play 60 minutes of football for it to happen. The defense really only played about 45 minutes at the most.
Improvements necessary for the Jets to win next weekend:
1) Find a pass rush! We already know the Jets have many capable rushers, but we must get pressure when we weren't even planning on blitzing. Hopefully, we'll get Pouha back for that game.
2) Better tackling. They tackled poorly at times today. The CS needs to put an emphasis on this. Especially when you figure we are facing Ben Roethlisberger.
3) Better communications, no breakdowns in covereage. They cannot have times when people miss assignments. The Steelers are a team that will immediately see what's happening and take advantage.
1) Get Dustin Keller more involved. Keller is a mismatch for most defensive players in the league. As well as the defense played today, they'll need Keller contrinuting to beat the Steelers.
2) OL do not rest on your laurels. The OL probably thought they played pretty well today and dominated a great DL? Well, the Steelers front seven will prove to be twice as good as the Bills. They are Nasty and they are dominant. The OL MUST meet the challenge or else we do not stand a chance.