Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Santonio Who?

Veteran
    This thread wouldn't exist, if he'd gotten the TD. That was damn close.

Just stop. Holmes had a really good game just didn't have any of the marquee plays. Sanchez missed him on a wide open pass on one play then there was the endzone play he put his hand down so he didn't break his neck. Give him credit on that because he did try to stick his feet inside. He made some good blocks and him and Sanchez where really working together out there today. I love the young guys but we can't win without Holmes right now. Oh and for everyone who says we dont have a deep game Holmes and Hill had 9 catches and averaged over 17.3 a catch.

We blow out a division rival first game of the season and people complain? We have the worst fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    It was fine, but the OP is right, he's expendable. Kerley could fill in for him. Holmes sucks
    Coming from the guy who said Pouha was a just average that means very little... how'd our run D look today? For the record not complaining, I think it'll get better when Bo comes back. Awesome win!

It was fine, but the OP is right, he's expendable. Kerley could fill in for him. Holmes sucks
    First his contract doesn't make him expendable.

Second he is still a damn good WR

People here are never happy. And actually pretty stupid.

If Hill/Kerley's play forces teams to single-cover Holmes, we'll get more from him and he's more likely to be "happy".

If they continue to focus on him, he's gonna have to suck it up and be content knowing he's making his teammates better . . .

Just like Braylon helped Tone get single-coverage when he was here,

Tone is now doing the "helping" in regards to Stephen Hill in drawing defenders away and helping him get single-coverage.

Although I still wonder how long it takes before Holmes starts b*tching and moaning about Hill......

Not for nothing, he was a major sourpuss in his postgame interview...I'm gonna assume he was just giving the media the Bart Scott treatment and it had nothing to do with the game, but geez Tone lighten up it was a great win.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

Tone is now doing the "helping" in regards to Stephen Hill in drawing defenders away and helping him get single-coverage.

Although I still wonder how long it takes before Holmes starts b*tching and moaning about Hill......
    Edwards was the receiver drawing double coverage all the time? I do not remember that. If anything, they would each receive single coverage the same amount of time.

Hill looks pretty big. If I'm Holmes I'd stay on his good side. I think Holmes just wants to win. He has never stuck me as the I just want the ball win or loose TO type WR. In Pitts he had no issue playing 2nd fiddle really. His big issue last year was no one was getting the ball. He just did what most guys wouldn't and started pointing figures.

Quote Originally Posted by EZV View Post
    Not for nothing, he was a major sourpuss in his postgame interview...I'm gonna assume he was just giving the media the Bart Scott treatment and it had nothing to do with the game, but geez Tone lighten up it was a great win.
    In his defense a reporter asked paraphrasing here if this is a 2 QB team and he answered its the ny jets team. Another reporter then basically asked him the same question just trying to bait him for a controversial answer.

Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Edwards was the receiver drawing double coverage all the time? I do not remember that. If anything, they would each receive single coverage the same amount of time.
    Not all the time but more often than not.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    He'd better realize he's expendable. Let's see if he finds something to run his mouth about, or if he decides to keep it shut.
    Ugh, he drew the attention that freed up the other WRs.

He's not expendable in any way

Why though would you decide to whine about Holmes today?

We moan all off season through the preseason that we need help at WR and after one week, a game where Holmes plays well we call him expendable? This fan base is clueless at times. It just can't wait to run home and sh1t on its own players.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-09-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Hill looks pretty big. If I'm Holmes I'd stay on his good side. I think Holmes just wants to win. He has never stuck me as the I just want the ball win or loose TO type WR. In Pitts he had no issue playing 2nd fiddle really. His big issue last year was no one was getting the ball. He just did what most guys wouldn't and started pointing figures.
    Pointing "figures"?

Pointing "figures"?
    fingers sorry.

I'm not the biggest Santonio guy in the world... but, he played well today. The timing of this post makes no damn sense. WTF?

Veteran
    Holmes Sucks. He's going to be a problem this year. We are already force feeding it to him. I hope he gets benched by week 6

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

If Sanchez completes that pass to Tone and he gets his foot down before his hand, his stat line would of been great and this thread wouldn't of been started.

All League
    Holmes Sucks. He's going to be a problem this year. We are already force feeding it to him. I hope he gets benched by week 6

Point out the throws that were force fed to him? He's BY FAR the most complete receiver we have, but you want him benched. Sounds like he bullied you in high school.

You are such a happy guy.