Thread: Will you guys stop with "THINGS WE NEED CHANGE" crap. We're good. Take a breath.

All Pro

Will you guys stop with "THINGS WE NEED CHANGE" crap. We're good. Take a breath.

Outside of our defenses checking out mentally when we went up 30, clearly the team has a formula for what they think is going to deliver Wins.

So analyze what worked, and stop with looking for the negative.

I've never seen Sanchez look so decisive and comfortable. At least not since 2009.

All League
    I am in "let's wait and see" mode. Let's just see how this whole thing pans out. Clearly, our team came to play today and the preseason was a joke. So, let's all take a breath and relax and see how this all unfolds here.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    I am in "let's wait and see" mode. Let's just see how this whole thing pans out. Clearly, our team came to play today and the preseason was a joke. So, let's all take a breath and relax and see how this all unfolds here.
    Exactly. We can say with some certainty that the sky isn't falling on the Jets. So let's see where they go with this. I saw a team that looked like the came to execute today. THAT was 3/4 of a problem last year.

suddenly OL and WR don't look like as much of a problem as it did before

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm just glad that Hill beasted today, hopefully the Braylonites will finally give it up

Jets Insider VIP
    This game played out like the proverbial 20+ point lead in the NBA. Nothing to see (i.e. complain about) here.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    suddenly OL and WR don't look like as much of a problem as it did before
    In fact, they may turn out to be STRENGTHS before it is all said and down. One thing is for sure; there is one thing that was evident to me during the preseason and was confirmed again today. Unfortunately everyone was so focused on out lack of scoring a TD that most missed it.... that is that Stephen Hill IS A MATCH UP NIGHTMARE AND IS ALMOST ALWAYS OPEN.

Interesting to see what adjustment teams begin to make in the weeks to come....

All Pro
    The game appeared today to have really slowed down for Sanchez. He looked comfortable and in command. He was decisive, made the proper reads and delivered. He didn't have perfect touch or pinpoint accuracy but he looked like a different guy out there. It's only one game but today it looked like he's arrived.

Stephen Hill had a tremendous day. Naturally as a rookie there's room for growth, he's a body catcher, drops some balls, and could add some muscle but he clearly was the best athlete on the field today and I wasn't expecting this kind of production from a rookie wideout. He impacted the game.

Our defense is downright dominant. Yeah they gave up 30.....but not really, that was almost all garbage time points. D is tremendous.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    A. Jets played the Bills, they suck.
    B. Hold onto the ball!

Veteran
    We're GOOD (judging from this game). But this should not stop us from getting BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post
    The game appeared today to have really slowed down for Sanchez. He looked comfortable and in command. He was decisive, made the proper reads and delivered. He didn't have perfect touch or pinpoint accuracy but he looked like a different guy out there. It's only one game but today it looked like he's arrived.

Sanchez looked like he had more "oompf" throwing the ball this year. Maybe all that off-season weightlifting is paying off.

Also he is making quicker decisions ( which reflects his film study ).

Maybe this whole Tebow challenge has brought the best out of Mark ?

All League
    Cut Stephen Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by David Harris View Post

Stephen Hill had a tremendous day. Naturally as a rookie there's room for growth, he's a body catcher, drops some balls, and could add some muscle but he clearly was the best athlete on the field today and I wasn't expecting this kind of production from a rookie wideout. He impacted the game.

Our defense is downright dominant. Yeah they gave up 30.....but not really, that was almost all garbage time points. D is tremendous.
    Bye Bye Shotty. ....i have always said Sanchez would take off w/o Shotty.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Sanchez looked like he had more "oompf" throwing the ball this year. Maybe all that off-season weightlifting is paying off.

Also he is making quicker decisions ( which reflects his film study ).

Maybe this whole Tebow challenge has brought the best out of Mark ?
    nothing to do with Tebow. ..Shotty is gone

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Outside of our defenses checking out mentally when we went up 30, clearly the team has a formula for what they think is going to deliver Wins.

So analyze what worked, and stop with looking for the negative.

I've never seen Sanchez look so decisive and comfortable. At least not since 2009.
    We aren't the best team in the league based on decisive week 1 win over the Bills. It wasn't perfect. Fans are allowed to point out areas of concern for when we play a much better team in week 2.

I don't see anyone criticizing Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    nothing to do with Tebow. ..Shotty is gone
    True. I liked what I saw from Sparano today, good route packages and there was always a safety valve for Sanchez to check to. Took some shots down field too.