Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Let's show the OL some love

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Let's show the OL some love

    OL was HUGE today in our big win...esp Austin Howard making Super Mario a non-factor

    Mark had a comfortable pocket all game and delivered! Thanks to the guys up front!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard was a stud today.

    They all looked great.

  3. #3
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    What an impact after getting rid of Hunter.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's nice to see what Sanchez can do when he's given more than 1.2 seconds to throw the ball.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    AUSTIN ****ING HOWARD.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,673
    Post Thanks / Like

  8. #8
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass blocking was great today.

    Run blocking was a bit lackluster though.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,545
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvl7 View Post
    Pass blocking was great today.

    Run blocking was a bit lackluster though.
    +1

    Run blocking was really about the only negative for the offense today. Pass pro was great, run blocking was average, maybe below average. I also think the run game will start to improve when opposing D's realize you can't just put 8 in the box all day against us with no fear of us ever going over the top.

    Even with all that, the run game was'nt awful. Not great, but not awful either.

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    +1

    Run blocking was really about the only negative for the offense today. Pass pro was great, run blocking was average, maybe below average. I also think the run game will start to improve when opposing D's realize you can't just put 8 in the box all day against us with no fear of us ever going over the top.

    Even with all that, the run game was'nt awful. Not great, but not awful either.
    Pretty much!

    -

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was Mark even pressured today? I saw him get hit once after a pass but didn't see him scramble to avoid the rush at all. Night and Day from last season, huh?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Was Mark even pressured today? I saw him get hit once after a pass but didn't see him scramble to avoid the rush at all. Night and Day from last season, huh?
    pass blocking was superb today

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Howard continues his current level of play over the next 6-8 weeks, the Jets should look to extend him by mid season.

    Slauson, Moore, and Howard are all set to be free agents after this year. We need to keep at least two of them (Slauson and Howard, preferrably).

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,515
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, OL deserves the game ball although many game balls can be awared after today's effort. Very nice game all the away around. Let's hope it continues.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll even give Conner a little credit here. He made a few assists that shocked me.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,374
    Post Thanks / Like
    The line is only as strong as its weakest link.




    Hunter was an anchor that was dragging the whole line down with him. He had to go.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    If Howard continues his current level of play over the next 6-8 weeks, the Jets should look to extend him by mid season.

    Slauson, Moore, and Howard are all set to be free agents after this year. We need to keep at least two of them (Slauson and Howard, preferrably).
    Our top reserve OL Jason Smith will be a FA next season. There's some ridiculous clause in his contract that all but assures he'll be released.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mario who?

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,584
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard was huge today! The O-Line finally looks legit again, Howard over Hunter has been night/day.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Howard was huge today! The O-Line finally looks legit again, Howard over Hunter has been night/day.
    The guy is a giant of a man. Still I was amazed at how good his play was against Super Mario.

    My fears of a swiss cheese O line this season have been greatly reduced.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us