Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shotty's Ram 251 yds total, 3 sacks given up, 4-12 on 3rd Downs

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Hunter on the blindside, Schotty on the sideline, no WRs to throw to. He's living in QB hell. Poor guy.
    I'm in a few fantasy football leagues. Somewhere I'm picking up the Redskins defense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

Wow. Wayne Hunter will be the starting LT next week for the Rams. Read that again. Wayne Hunter is protecting the blindside for Sam Bradford.
    Hahahaha

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Wayne Hunter will be the starting LT next week for the Rams. Read that again. Wayne Hunter is protecting the blindside for Sam Bradford.
    I guess I know who I'm picking in my survivor pool next week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was really refreshing to see the jets get the offensive plays called and executed quickly with no hesitation. sparano was decisive in making his calls. no doubt just get in there and make the play work. and it showed. the jets did much better in 3rd down and moved the ball really well. let's hope they keep it up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rams' center is going on IR...

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said today that center Scott Wells has a fracture in his foot and will be placed on injured reserve.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescri...e/Default.aspx

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    It's a process

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post

Rams coach Jeff Fisher said today that center Scott Wells has a fracture in his foot and will be placed on injured reserve.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post

Over/under on Bradfords lifespan this year starts at 30 minutes of play! Schotty + hunter + no starting center !

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Over/under on Bradfords lifespan this year starts at 30 minutes of play! Schotty + hunter + no starting center !
    that's the same exact scenario that almost got Sanchez killed last year against Baltimore.

Sam Bradford, we hardly knew ye

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Yeah, I know just one game. Yes, I was a bit discouraged when he threw that dumb int to start the game but...

It was nice to see Sanchez looking like he did in his first few games as a pro. He did not look like he was worried about making a mistake.
    He made decisive reads and throws.
    He looked like he was enjoying himself.
    He did not get down on himself after making a mistake.

A big part of the difference is probably Sanchez's growth as a QB, but I think the coaching change made a big difference as well.

I still remember the fourth game of Sanchez's first season where he made a mistake and Shoddy was chewing him out about it, as if he was the only QB to ever make a mistake. After that he started playing scared and indecisively.

It was nice not seeing 3 guys motioning every play.
    It was nice not seeing the offense look confused leaving the huddle.
    It was nice seeing throws down field on a regular basis.
    It was nice not being able to accurately call most plays before the snap.
    It was nice not seeing every WR running a five yard route when we needed 8 yards to convert.
    It was nice seeing a game plan that relied on our guys making plays instead of a game plan where the OC though he was going to outsmart the other team.

Again it was just one game but it was refreshing.
    Exactly what I was thinking...almost...just couldnt put it into words.

Well done.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    THeir new starting center is Rob Turner.

Mulligan plays about 20 snaps a game at TE.

Turner at Center and Hunter at LT. The RT (Barry Richardson) was the only tackle in football graded (by Pro Footall Focus, not the end all of OL measurement, but as good as any other OL system) as worse than Wayne Hunter.

So imagine a world where Rob Turner is your starting center and your tackles are Wayne Hunter and a poor mans Wayne Hunter.

YIKES, and you thought the Jets didn't do enough for their OL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMadman View Post
    Yeah, I know just one game. Yes, I was a bit discouraged when he threw that dumb int to start the game but...

It was nice to see Sanchez looking like he did in his first few games as a pro. He did not look like he was worried about making a mistake.
    He made decisive reads and throws.
    He looked like he was enjoying himself.
    He did not get down on himself after making a mistake.

A big part of the difference is probably Sanchez's growth as a QB, but I think the coaching change made a big difference as well.

I still remember the fourth game of Sanchez's first season where he made a mistake and Shoddy was chewing him out about it, as if he was the only QB to ever make a mistake. After that he started playing scared and indecisively.

It was nice not seeing 3 guys motioning every play.
    It was nice not seeing the offense look confused leaving the huddle.
    It was nice seeing throws down field on a regular basis.
    It was nice not being able to accurately call most plays before the snap.
    It was nice not seeing every WR running a five yard route when we needed 8 yards to convert.
    It was nice seeing a game plan that relied on our guys making plays instead of a game plan where the OC though he was going to outsmart the other team.

Again it was just one game but it was refreshing.
    They chipped the ends. They rotated protection to the right side, and on the deep throws they had Smith in as a Jumbo TE, and usually Reuland in as well. Sometimes he stayed on the right, and sometimes he motioned to the left side. They ran and threw out of that formation so as not to tip off the D. Konrad actually blocked pretty well, and looked like he knew what he was doing out there considering his one week of practice. Looks like a great pick up, and he's supposed to be a receiving TE. Don't be surprised if he makes quite a few key plays for us. Now where can I pick up My Reuland jersey? My point is that a good coach can hide his weaknesses.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/...ll-player-news

I wouldn't wish that on my most hated t... well, yeah I would wish that on the Pats.

Poor Sam Bradford. I genuinely feel sorry for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    week 11 can't come soon enough

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    It was nice seeing the ball hiked with :11 or :12 seconds left on the play clock.
    Yeah, that was great too. Pitt can't come soon enough. Good team hard place to play a true test to see where the jets are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LIDeadHead View Post
    Been waiting YEARS for this thread to happen. Sure beats talking about our home opener loss this morning.
    Made the bowl even sweeter this a.m. No doubt.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    They chipped the ends. They rotated protection to the right side, and on the deep throws they had Smith in as a Jumbo TE, and usually Reuland in as well. Sometimes he stayed on the right, and sometimes he motioned to the left side. They ran and threw out of that formation so as not to tip off the D. Konrad actually blocked pretty well, and looked like he knew what he was doing out there considering his one week of practice. Looks like a great pick up, and he's supposed to be a receiving TE. Don't be surprised if he makes quite a few key plays for us. Now where can I pick up My Reuland jersey? My point is that a good coach can hide his weaknesses.
    Exactly. I've had that argument about shoddy to often. Too many people complain well we don't have this guy or that guy. Every team is missing one of those guys. Coaches get paid to overcome those issues. Like you said good coaches take that into consideration and mask those issues. Otherwise what is the point of a coach besides being a glorified cheerleader? Great post btw.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    my sympathies to Sam Bradford and his nfl "career"

First Son of Marty

then Skillet hands false start Mulligan

and now Wayne the Turnstile at Lt

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It really does seem like St Louis found the flotilla of Jets trash!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    THeir new starting center is Rob Turner.

Mulligan plays about 20 snaps a game at TE.

Turner at Center and Hunter at LT. The RT (Barry Richardson) was the only tackle in football graded (by Pro Footall Focus, not the end all of OL measurement, but as good as any other OL system) as worse than Wayne Hunter.

So imagine a world where Rob Turner is your starting center and your tackles are Wayne Hunter and a poor mans Wayne Hunter.

YIKES, and you thought the Jets didn't do enough for their OL.
    It'll most likely be:

false start
    false start
    false start
    safety

repeat several times