Thread: Cumberland

Cumberland

This guy will have a HUGE year mark it down. I think he may be better than Keller.

Jets Insider VIP
    He could make Keller expendable, especially if his blocking improves.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He could make Keller expendable, especially if his blocking improves.
    agreed but was keller hurt today? I thought I just heard something on the post game show.

Why does one have to make the other "expendable"?

When the Patriots saw that both Hernandez and Gron could both be weapons in the O, did they say to themselves "Wow! Now one of them is expendible!".

Why can't we exploit/utilize having two TE's who can catch?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    agreed but was keller hurt today? I thought I just heard something on the post game show.
    He played but obviously wasn't 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

When the Patriots saw that both Hernandez and Gron could both be weapons in the O, did they say to themselves "Wow! Now one of them is expendible!".

Agreed. I have now seen posts claiming Holmes and Keller as expendable. What happened to depth? You want to keep your talented players, folks.

I'd prefer keeping them both. But given Keller will likely want big $$ next season, we might not be able to.

Great game by Cumberland.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbvvjets View Post
    This guy will have a HUGE year mark it down. I think he may be better than Keller.
    He had a great camp last year, but was out for the season. Not better than Keller, but I really like having them both.

Our receiving corps are going to make a big difference this year. We have 4-5 receivers the defense has to respect. Someone should be open any passing play. If we get better pass protection, we could be a very good offense.

Jets Insider VIP

Keller is going to wanna be paid as a Top 10 player at his position after this season.

In my mind, he's not worth it, especially when we have to deal with extending Revis and 3/5 of our starting OL is set to hit free agency.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cumberland looked good because Sanchez was on the money today. Accurate, hitting guys in stride.

Bet.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    He had a great camp last year, but was out for the season. Not better than Keller, but I really like having them both.

Our receiving corps are going to make a big difference this year. We have 4-5 receivers the defense has to respect. Someone should be open any passing play. If we get better pass protection, we could be a very good offense.
    Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller (when healthy) and Cumberland all make for attractive targets. Schilens was a non-factor tonight but might contribute in the future as well.

All in all the Jets receiving corps is looking far more solid than anyone imagined in preseason. But Hill is the real key. If he can continue to get better each week, the group could become dangerous.

And I've got to say the pass protection tonight was excellent. How many times did a DL even get close to Sanchez ? Zero sacks tonight.

Veteran

Glad he's here

I remember being bummed about losing him last year. Can't wait for two TE sets with Keller and shredding secondaries.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He played but obviously wasn't 100%.
    Thank you. I hope he is OK. Revis too!

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Holmes, Hill, Kerley, Keller (when healthy) and Cumberland all make for attractive targets. Schilens was a non-factor tonight but might contribute in the future as well.

All in all the Jets receiving corps is looking far more solid than anyone imagined in preseason. But Hill is the real key. If he can continue to get better each week, the group could become dangerous.

And I've got to say the pass protection tonight was excellent. How many times did a DL even get close to Sanchez ? Zero sacks tonight.
    That is the real stat right there

I was loving Cumberland's production too, great stuff from him. I was bummed when he got injured for the season last year bc I was excited to see what he could do...now let's see more

You can't pay everyone. That's why Welker won't be a Pat after this year. Cumberland is bigger, stronger and faster than Keller. Keller is gone.

Two reasons. First, because Gronk can block, and neither Keller nor Cumberland really can - which means having them both on the field at the same time doesn't really give the Jets an advantage in the run game. And second, because the Jets have too much money tied up in other positions to pay Keller as a FA if Cumberland can approximate his production for a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post

Agreed, OL is the key if they continue to be as good as they were today it's going to be a very good season.

Agreed, OL is the key if they continue to be as good as they were today it's going to be a very good season.
    Take those $$ that Keller wants and give it to Howard and Slauson. Investing in the OL is 10x better for the passing game than adding a high-priced receiver or TE.

Jets Insider VIP
    Revis
    Landry (if he stays healthy)
    Howard (if he maintains his current level of play)
    Slauson

All players that I would look to re-sign before even considering giving Keller a new contract.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

He was having a great preseason and then was injured/out for the year.
    Because of that we had to suffer with the Year Of The Mulligan.

What a fantastic disaster that guy was.

But yeah, big targets like Cumberland and Hill will definitely help.