Thread: Hate me if you want

Veteran

Hate me if you want

As a Jets faithful I took all on the sh!t that the retarded sports media decided to throw on the Jets. And I took it quietly. Especially from a bastard named Dave Rothenberg. So after celebrating this SOLID EFFIN WIN, I had to touch bases with that moron

-@RothenbergESPN I'm so happy that your worthless career as a mediocre radiohost is over cause you cant **** on the Jets anymore btw **** you
    -@RothenbergESPN u r the TMZ of sports radio. u have zero credibility and have no analytic skills. eat crow u stupid bastard

Oh yeah he replied pretending he didnt know why I was reacting that way. And you too can hate me for insulting that dude, but I just had to get it out.

All League
    haha. you're drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    haha. you're drunk.
    +1

Veteran
    I'm okay with this.

All League
    90% of sports personalities that have these big opinions and really rail on a certain team, player, coach, etc, do it to get reactions like this. They throw out the extremst opinions to get people riled up.

If you felt the need to do it and it was deserved, then right on. The guy is probably thinking, "job well done" to himself.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    haha. you're drunk.
    Zero beers today. And normally I would not follow this behavior. I see you're in Cape Cod, MA, so I'm not sure if part of your reaction is that you haven't experience ALL the stupid cr@p we had to hear SINCE last December.

Am I happy for the Jets? Im super happy! nothing can erase the big smile from my face, but ......on a separate note I cant just forget ALL those a'holes....and hes not the only one.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    90% of sports personalities that have these big opinions and really rail on a certain team, player, coach, etc, do it to get reactions like this. They throw out the extremst opinions to get people riled up.

If you felt the need to do it and it was deserved, then right on. The guy is probably thinking, "job well done" to himself.
    In a couple of hours I will agree 100% with you. Yet, he still deserves a big "f k- you"

And most of these people on the radio don't know anymore than you or I, usually less. They just have a mic. That's all.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Really? When was the last time a team was universally killed and treated like this? Over one non story after another. They created their own hype and then killed the Jets for it.

Completer bs

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And most of these people on the radio don't know anymore than you or I, usually less. They just have a mic. That's all.
    I disagree completely. Jetsinsider is a vast, reliable, and dynamic source of Jets information, so I would argue that a Jets Insider regular knows more about the Jets than most beat writers.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Really? When was the last time a team was universally killed and treated like this? Over one non story after another. They created their own hype and then killed the Jets for it.

Completer bs
    Yes!...dont even get me started on that vagiant Lupica

I love it. Can you please send a message to that fat azz blowhard Fatcessa too? he deserves our scorn.

All Pro
    Rothenburg is a scumbag Giants homer....always change the station when I hear him.... Bashes the Jets non-stop

To all the non-believers.....

EAD....

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic View Post
    I disagree completely. Jetsinsider is a vast, reliable, and dynamic source of Jets information, so I would argue that a Jets Insider regular knows more about the Jets than most beat writers.
    Hmm. I thought that was my point. Guess not

All League

That's all this week has been. Rampant "what if?" speculations about the jets losing and guessing what the consequences would be for the team, coach and quarterback.

They do it to rile up fans, I'm sure the phones flair up with callers - and that's the talk radio business model. It's a race for ratings using emotion and speculation.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fanatic View Post
    Zero beers today. And normally I would not follow this behavior. I see you're in Cape Cod, MA, so I'm not sure if part of your reaction is that you haven't experience ALL the stupid cr@p we had to hear SINCE last December.

Am I happy for the Jets? Im super happy! nothing can erase the big smile from my face, but ......on a separate note I cant just forget ALL those a'holes....and hes not the only one.
    I had zero beers during the game (that's changed now). I've experienced much of what you have, minus local tv coverage, I imagine, and must put up with all the homerific Jets hate that goes on around here. I'm all for calling out the talking heads, but, their response will be what you've experienced so far:

said it in another thread, but that crap ass NFL AM show was laughing going into the break talking about the Jets' offense. Tomorrow: 180

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post

Completer bs
    For 1, if you believe that none of them know anything, like you say, why does it make you mad what they think. That's just stupid. If you don't value someone's opinion, how can you let said opinion bother you so much.

I could list off quite a few examples the past few years of teams or people that got this type of treatment. The Miami Heat(way worse than the Jets, not even close), the Red Sox last year, LeBron James, Alex Rodriguez, Jay Cutler. People get killed in the media all the time, and most of the time it's overblown. They have to get ratings somehow.

All League
    For 1, if you believe that none of them know anything, like you say, why does it make you mad what they think. That's just stupid. If you don't value someone's opinion, how can you let said opinion bother you so much.

I could list off quite a few examples the past few years of teams or people that got this type of treatment. The Miami Heat(way worse than the Jets, not even close), the Red Sox last year, LeBron James, Alex Rodriguez, Jay Cutler. People get killed in the media all the time, and most of the time it's overblown. They have to get ratings somehow.
    You know why Hawk?? Because OTHERS listen to it, believe it and then run with it and we as NYJ fans have to hear it regurgitated.
    Unless we turn off all forms of media, we will have to put up with it and it has been sickening since last yr ended.
    I am amazed at how much I have to defend this team to friends & colleagues who are not fans and tell them what the REAL facts are. Then they say 'Oh, I guess the media doesn't know WHAT THE F*UCK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT!'