Thread: Your thoughts on the Wildcat?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Question Your thoughts on the Wildcat?

Does it help or hinder the offense?

Veteran
    Today it was the tamed cat.

All League
    Today it did neither. We'll see as the season progresses.

All League
    today's wildcat was a red herring. guaranteed.

All League
    We didn't have much short yardage situations this week. I think that's where that formation shines.

I'd say this week I'd have rather seen Sanchez out there more, Tebow less, but hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think it was overused.

That delay of game penalty at the one really pissed me off though, watch the clock Tebow...

Only one game but Tebow was a non-factor. Having said that, his presence may have opened up opportunities. We will see as the season progresses. Sanchez was outstanding. he is our QB. Just needs time to throw the ball.

Buff has seem it done in Miami for a long time and was ready. The thing is too the WC works better on 3-4 Ds. Until we see it in action vs a 3-4 D it is hard to tell. That was a big reason why Miami always had good plays vs our top D.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It really sucked this week, and resulted in the dumbest delay of game penalty in the history of the NFL. Sanchez had a great game and I hated seeing him pulled off the field, breaking up his rhythm.

Jets Insider VIP
    What wildcat...when pushed against the wall MARK responded.

Just one game, but it wasn't all that effective. Personally, I hated seeing Sanchez get taken out after driving us down the field. Just felt wrong.

It needs work, this was just a base, nothing fancy, just another way to have a running game. I liked how much we used it, rather infrequently, and that it was just a change up for a running play rather than a series of plays or a whole drive

Today was about the CHISE!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I will say that Sanchez should never be lined up at WR, way too much risk of injury, he was getting tangled up with the CB a few times.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    It really sucked this week, and resulted in the dumbest delay of game penalty in the history of the NFL. Sanchez had a great game and I hated seeing him pulled off the field, breaking up his rhythm.
    True. I thought some of the timing of the wildcat plays was suspect. Mark would make a nice conversion on 3rd down and then they run Tebow in and try the wildcat. I thought once they let Sanchez get in a rhythm he looked really good.

I really dont think this whole widcat thing is going to be anything more than a talking point for the media.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 09-09-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In the first half the entire offense had my head spinning. Completely different from prior years, when I knew every play in advance, I was lost in predicting what's next.

I think that the personnel changes had a lot of impact, Tebow especially. In this case, I say "the package" worked. That is more important than the individual plays.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's a gimmick.

Hopefully Sanchez continues to thrive so we can leave that silly sh*t in the past where it belongs.

All League
    VERY clunky today. Let's hope they get the kinks out.
    The delay was really ugly.

It was fine. And it has a place in the offense. I just with they'd be smarter about it. Use it on 3rd and short or when the defense stalls. Not after you complete a 30 yard pass. That's just stupid.

All League
    wasn't the delay on Connor?

Jets Insider VIP
    I think it worked great. Total red herring today...

Think it had no effect on Marks play.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...