Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your thoughts on the Wildcat?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I will say that Sanchez should never be lined up at WR, way too much risk of injury, he was getting tangled up with the CB a few times.
    Agreed, should be planning the next play, keeps it moving, liked watching him run on the field barking the next play

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just one game, but it wasn't all that effective. Personally, I hated seeing Sanchez get taken out after driving us down the field. Just felt wrong.
    I totally agree with this. Sanchez has taken it to the next level.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Wildcat was a kitten today.

I'd prefer to see it used for a series and let the team get used to it for a few plays. The herky-jerky substitutions made my head spin. QB's have to get in a groove and that disrupts everything. But Sanchez didn't seem all that bothered.

The Announcers made a big deal about opposing teams having to prepare for it. I'm not sure how much that's true. I don't see that as the advantage they are making it out to be.

All in all, with Sanchez playing well, the gimmick stuff is just not needed. And maybe it even is a detraction since it takes Sanchez off the field.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Wildcat was useless today. Somebody explain to me why we are taking Sanchez out after he makes a good throw to bring in the wildcat for a play and possibly ruin his rhythm? It made no sense. Then, we have a 4th and 1 and we don't use the wildcat (the perfect time for it) and instead we try and fake a play to draw the defense off-sides (which never works).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    We didn't have much short yardage situations this week. I think that's where that formation shines.

I'd say this week I'd have rather seen Sanchez out there more, Tebow less, but hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think it was overused.

That delay of game penalty at the one really pissed me off though, watch the clock Tebow...
    The delay of game was Conner's fault. He lined up on the wrong side. Rex pulled him right after that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say that Sanchez should never be lined up at WR, way too much risk of injury, he was getting tangled up with the CB a few times.
    Not to mention it takes away from the mental focus of being quarterback when you switch back and forth..

And what about stamina issues? its hard work stock blocking for 6-8 seconds..

Sanchez needs to come off the field when they run the Timcat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My take... we don't need it even one bit. It's only good for a distraction from the other teams preparation if it even is one...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We didn't have much short yardage situations this week. I think that's where that formation shines.

I'd say this week I'd have rather seen Sanchez out there more, Tebow less, but hindsight is 20/20 and I don't think it was overused.

That delay of game penalty at the one really pissed me off though, watch the clock Tebow...
    Well said, +1

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say that Sanchez should never be lined up at WR
    Agreed.

And is it just me here or does having #6 at wideout make the wildcat easier for a defense to defend?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post
    The delay of game was Conner's fault. He lined up on the wrong side. Rex pulled him right after that.
    Fair enough, I didn't catch that.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as Sanchez can handle it I think it is a positive. It is a change of pace, forces other teams to think more instead just attacking, and we haven't seen anything yet. They can do so much particularly with both sanchez and tebow on the field. Lining up tebow all over the place, or running an option pass. Going to be a fun year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like the times they should have used Tebow, they didn't. ON that 4th and 1 where they pretended to go for it then called in the field goal unit, that's where having Tebow might be of some help, but they didn't use him. Inexplicable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It added a surprise element into the offense. When you have Tebow & Sanchez on the field at the same time, it shakes up the defense because you don't know what they're going to do. I loved it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    When you have Tebow & Sanchez on the field at the same time, it shakes up the defense because you don't know what they're going to do.
    Sure you do.

You know there's a 99% chance that Tebow takes the direct snap and runs up the middle.

I don't understand what's so confusing about the wildcat.

Seems like pretty straight forward stuff.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sure you do.

You know there's a 99% chance that Tebow takes the direct snap and runs up the middle.

I don't understand what's so confusing about the wildcat.

Seems like pretty straight forward stuff.
    I'm waiting for later in the season. I want to see more sweeps to Mcknight & a few Tebow throws to shake things up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jury is still out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Garbage. Hinders the offense

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A player like Kerely or McKnight would be more effective then Tebow. Tebow isn't explosive enough and doesn't have a quick step. Tebow is down hill with a running start type of runner. I think its too much to ask for a QB to look for holes behind the line as a back. Just make him a back or trade him.