Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thank you Mr. Tebow for motivating Mr. Sanchez, now kindly GTFO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    I hated when they pulled Sanchez in the red zone. There was no call for it and IMHO it cost us a TD as it gave Sanchez only 1 shot at a 3rd and 6 to get it in the EZ.

I don't mind a random Tebow sighting between the 20's but keep him out of the RZ and let Sanchez run the most efficient RZ team in the NFL like he did last year...
    x10000

It's one thing if Sanchez is stuggling and you are trying something, but the guy is in a good rhythm and producing and you are pulling him just for the sake of pulling him! With the way Sanchez was playing today there was absolutely no reason what so ever to use the wildcat for even 1 play. It was literally a waste of downs at the detriment of the Offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Job well done, you've sufficiently motivated sanchez to be better. Now leave.

I have never seen something more disfunctional than having an NFL QB playing very well, efficient, moving the offense, making big throws, scoring points, only to be removed at random from the game to get a non-productive, inconsequential freak-circus show on the field to sell tickets.

There is NO reason to have Tebow come in and disrupt an efficient, productive offense--it just doesn't make any football sense.

Is it early, is he going to make plays for us? Maybe. But his involvement today was just so blatantly driven by hype and back pages and ticket sales it almost made me vomit.

Let Sanchez have this team and we're going to have a big year. Stop with the freak circus sideshow.

_
    +10000000000000000000000000000....keep adding the zeros.

JStokes, another one of my favorite posters. I was listening to the Jets post game show via the internet. LeGreca claimed Tebow had 50 reporters at his locker...and he didn;t do anything n the game. Clearly Sanchez was the star of the game. Gotta love the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I have never seen something more disfunctional than having an NFL QB playing very well, efficient, moving the offense, making big throws, scoring points, only to be removed at random from the game to get a non-productive, inconsequential freak-circus show on the field to sell tickets.

There is NO reason to have Tebow come in and disrupt an efficient, productive offense--it just doesn't make any football sense.

Is it early, is he going to make plays for us? Maybe. But his involvement today was just so blatantly driven by hype and back pages and ticket sales it almost made me vomit.

Let Sanchez have this team and we're going to have a big year. Stop with the freak circus sideshow.

_
    By actions, not words, the Jets as a team told the media to STFU. It's time for you to do the same.

The Jets are a football team and not a "freak circus sideshow".

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    anyone else still curious why Elway threw him to the curb? he's not an effective QB and he's not going to get big yards as a RB..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    I like the "messed up the rhythm" arguments after a record setting game.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamic Hip Screw View Post
    Second thread that came to this ridiculous conclusion?
    This is right...

The Tebow package clearly helped the offense and Sanchez...Not sure what game you guys were watching.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    How can anyone draw a conclusion? The score made the WC a tame version. What did Tebow do, ran 7 plays as the QB?

I also don't get the idea that QB by missing 7 snaps is losing a feel of the game. It would be as goofy as saying he would lose a feel for the game by handing off to a RB.
    JN- you're one of the best posters on the Pfail Strip--that didn't bother you pulling Sanchez out at random for no reason to put an ineffective throw-back to the 1940's in there to sell tickets?

He's not that good.

And taking the ball out of Sanchez's hands for 7 plays WAS wrong--he should be handing the ball off, should be in there for every play under center to develop some consistency and rhythm for the offense.

It just looked...wrong.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This is right...

The Tebow package clearly helped the offense and Sanchez...Not sure what game you guys were watching.
    They were watching the "I invested 7 months of my life imagining the horrors of Tim Tebow and I'm not about to stop now" game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    By actions, not words, the Jets as a team told the media to STFU. It's time for you to do the same.

The Jets are a football team and not a "freak circus sideshow".
    The Jets are not a circus freak show.

The Tebow package is.

You're a Jesus freak, so you probably can't see this.

You need to STFU.

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Should have been 52-28 man

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    If you don't think Tebow entering the game everytime he did didn't interup the flow of the offense, then you weren't watching the game.

How did it sound on the radio?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    They were watching the "I invested 7 months of my life imagining the horrors of Tim Tebow and I'm not about to stop now" game.
    Oh, you poor religious fanatical freak upset your savior didn't divine a win today?

Upset that Sanchez actually looked like a franchise QB?

LOLGFY

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't think Tebow entering the game everytime he did didn't interup the flow of the offense, then you weren't watching the game.

_
    Sounded ok.

How many points do you think we would have scored?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    This is right...

They won 48-28 despite the 'package' not because of it. Tebow did nothing but waste downs and make it harder for Mark to do something. INstead of a 2nd and 6 he had to work with a 3rd and 6, etc etc

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    Call Mr. Johnson tomorrow and present your credentials. After he hires you and fires Tanny, you can straighten out REX and Sparano. I wonder if maybe they are doing things to make other teams prepare for Tebow and that frees up less time to get ready for Sanchez. But please make the call to Woody. He knows serious talent when he sees it!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 09-09-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    anyone else still curious why Elway threw him to the curb? he's not an effective QB and he's not going to get big yards as a RB..
    Peyton Manning?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, since we're "not going to the Super Bowl this year" your idea is we should do everything we can try to f*ck up the offense?

Go rate some sandwiches.

_
    lol

that being said, I think Tebow has a place on this team as long as we keep his role limited like we did today.

Sanchez is the Jets QB. whoever still questions that after today can eat a barrel of dicks. this isn't a two-QB college system like they've been trying to sell us all offseason, Tebow is just part of an offensive package we may or may not use on Sundays

but he's a good player who can help us win games. he's not a good QB, but as a specialty player he IS a threat to pass and he IS a threat to run, and if this means that opposing defenses are distracted in their weekly preparation by devoting some time getting ready for Tebow then that's already a positive. and if they don't prepare, they may get burned.

last but not least, if Tebow's popularity keeps Sanchez playing at this level then it's something we can all be thankful for. outside of that one dumb turnover, Mark looked as poised and focused as I've ever seen him, trusting his protection, looking downfield and making decisive throws all over the field.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    I'll have to admit it was pretty ****ing annoying having to hear the announcer tell me each snap which QB was in and which QB was out.

Reminded me of Shawn Moore/Tommy Maddox fiasco in Denver. Ugh.

But you need to let this go, this rage will consume you. It's the first game, hopefully they will come up with a better way to transition these plays better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're a Jesus freak, so you probably can't see this.

You need to STFU.
    No, you should seriously STFU. Just because I don't share your idiotic views doesn't make me a Jesus freak.

It's sad enough that you will call yourself a Jets fan and yet devote thread after thread trying to tear down a player on the Jets roster.

Worse, this is a player who by all accounts busts his a$s and has never let a teammate or a coach down - ever.

Tebow has not been a locker room negative. That's a figment of the media's imagination. (And of simpleton "fans")

Somehow you think having a Heisman winning QB willing to play ST is a bad thing for a football team.

You're worthless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, you poor religious fanatical freak upset your savior didn't divine a win today?

Upset that Sanchez actually looked like a franchise QB?

LOLGFY

_
    I think I see the problem here.

And; they won. Maybe he did divine a win.