Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards just dropped the game winning TD for Seattle

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Hill is so far removed from BE its not funny. Maybe in 2 season we'll say yeah he's as good as BE was for us, but now, no chance.

Plus imagine if we had BE and Hill, isntead of Hill and Holmes. We would have made the playoffs last year without Holmes.

Holmes is an overrated cancer. While BE isn't a top 10 wr, he was a better fit for our offense. its very obvious that Mark and Holmes have no chemistry, and are rarely on the same page. Mark and BE had much better chemistry and was BE was just better overall.
    Braylonites = Tebowites

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    edwards has only had more than 89 yds receiving 3 times in his career with the jets. and never scored more than 1 TD in a game
    Which WR put up big numbers, with that prolific rookie and second year passer (Mark Sanchez)? The 900+ yards he put up in 15 games in 2010 sure was a lot better than the 600 yards Holmes put up in 16 games in 2011.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 09-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Which WR put up big numbers, with a that prolific rookie and second year passer (Mark Sanchez)? The 900+ yards he put up in 15 games in 2010 sure was a lot better than the 600 yards Holmes put up in 16 games in 2011.
    BE in a sparano offense with Hill and Kerley would be nice.
    Homers only like people on their current team.

They think Pouha is important, and that Holmes is a world beater.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hill is so far removed from BE its not funny. Maybe in 2 season we'll say yeah he's as good as BE was for us, but now, no chance.

Plus imagine if we had BE and Hill, isntead of Hill and Holmes. We would have made the playoffs last year without Holmes.

Holmes is an overrated cancer. While BE isn't a top 10 wr, he was a better fit for our offense. its very obvious that Mark and Holmes have no chemistry, and are rarely on the same page. Mark and BE had much better chemistry and was BE was just better overall.
    You're joking, right?

Why do the BEites bring Holmes into the mix? What does Holmes have to do with Edwards not making the catch for Seattle?

And really, can the desperate calls that BE was better, is a better fit and had better chemistry stop, it sounds goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Hill caught it when it counted. Braylon had a game winning pass go right through his hands.

No coach or GM in the NFL would take Braylon over Hill, even without taking age into consideration.
    So, Braylon never caught a ball when it counted?

Hill has a lot of potential, but he will drop a lot of balls this year. He's a body catcher, and that can be problematic. I'll bet anyone on here that Hill will have a problem with drops this year.

This is the typical overreaction to one game that we usually see around here. After the Cowboys game last year, everyone was talking about how Plaxico Burress was an upgrade to Braylon Edwards. We know how that turned out.

Hopefully he gets cut after this game and the Jets can sign him to be our 4 guy

Which WR put up big numbers, with a that prolific rookie and second year passer (Mark Sanchez)? The 900+ yards he put up in 15 games in 2010 sure was a lot better than the 600 yards Holmes put up in 16 games in 2011.
    who's talking about holmes? I was talking about hill's big 89 yard 2TD game today

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    who's talking about holmes? I was talking about hill's big 89 yard 2TD game today
    It's ONE game. Braylon Edwards has had huge games before. Go look at 2007, the one year he played with a passer (sure, it was a fluke season for Derek Anderson, but that's the only time BE has played with a good passer).

Hill has a TON of potential. We should be happy about today's game. But, he's going to have his struggles, too. Games where he will do nothing. And when that happens, there will be people proclaiming that he sucks.
    Last edited by detectivekimble; 09-09-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hill.

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

The FACT that someone CONTINUES to create Braylon threads goes to show that there are posters who are more obsessive over ex-jets players than I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The FACT that someone CONTINUES to create Braylon threads goes to show that there are posters who are more obsessive over ex-jets players than I was.
    COMMON now

All League
    Hill isn't a drunken fool.

All League

So that's your angle. You're a Braylon fan boy. I couldn't see how anyone could rationally say the things you were saying about Holmes in the other thread, but it all makes sense now.

And who ever said the Braylonites are no different than the Tebowites, you are right on.

It's ONE game. Braylon Edwards has had huge games before. Go look at 2007, the one year he played with a passer (sure, it was a fluke season for Derek Anderson, but that's the only time BE has played with a good passer).

Hill has a TON of potential. We should be happy about today's game. But, he's going to have his struggles, too. Games where he will do nothing. And when that happens, there will be people proclaiming that he sucks.
    That's conjecture, projection, presumption, what have you.

Point is pretty clear. Today, Hill had a big day while BE let the game winning TD slip right through his hands. Today, I'm glad we had Hill and not BE.

Banned
    BE in a sparano offense with Hill and Kerley would be nice.
    Homers only like people on their current team.

They think Pouha is important, and that Holmes is a world beater.
    You clearly have no idea what your talking about. Ty fpr contributing to the board ..doucheey

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    That's conjecture, projection, presumption, what have you.

Point is pretty clear. Today, Hill had a big day while BE let the game winning TD slip right through his hands. Today, I'm glad we had Hill and not BE.
    So, you don't think a rookie WR from that Georgia Tech gimmick offense is going to struggle? If you've watched Hill play at all, in college or otherwise, you know his hands are a problem. That's just a fact.

He'll become a better catcher of the football with time. But he definitely has the dropsies. Young players struggle, it happens.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Look what you have done.

So, you don't think a rookie WR from that Georgia Tech gimmick offense is going to struggle? If you've watched Hill play at all, in college or otherwise, you know his hands are a problem. That's just a fact.

He'll become a better catcher of the football with time. But he definitely has the dropsies. Young players struggle, it happens.
    It's very likely that he will struggle. Then again, it's possible that he'll do just fine and won't struggle any more than many vet receivers do now and then.

Just as an aside, in a system that is so run oriented, it's difficult to tell how much emphasis they put on teaching/coaching/developing their WRs. I'm willing to bet that the Jets have already spent a hell of a lot more time on Hill's hands than they ever did at GT.

He'll still have some drops this year, almost all receivers do. Question is whether he'll have more than is acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    COMMON now

Why so skeptical?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Look what you have done.
    Well what can I say....

At least Hill is easing the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    It's very likely that he will struggle. Then again, it's possible that he'll do just fine and won't struggle any more than many vet receivers do now and then.

Just as an aside, in a system that is so run oriented, it's difficult to tell how much emphasis they put on teaching/coaching/developing their WRs. I'm willing to bet that the Jets have already spent a hell of a lot more time on Hill's hands than they ever did at GT.

He'll still have some drops this year, almost all receivers do. Question is whether he'll have more than is acceptable.
    He's insanely raw. Considering it takes polished WRs coming out of college a year or two to become good in the NFL, it will be rough at times for Hill.

And that's what makes today that much more impressive. For a guy that raw to do what he did in his first NFL game is insane.