Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards just dropped the game winning TD for Seattle

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He's insanely raw. Considering it takes polished WRs coming out of college a year or two to become good in the NFL, it will be rough at times for Hill.

And that's what makes today that much more impressive. For a guy that raw to do what he did in his first NFL game is insane.

Kimble, if you go back and take another look at what I said, you'll see that I never said that you were wrong, or that you wouldn't be proven right.

What I said is at this time, it's conjecture, speculation and presumption. All of those might very well be based on solid, logical reasoning, but it doesn't change the fact that it's conjecture, speculation and presumption.

That said, he might not have growing pains. Things might just click with him. Or maybe it's that the coaching staff might recognize his limitations, and will adjust what they ask of him. Like if he can't pull off a sluggo but can run a 9 or a slant, that's what they will have him do.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Kimble, if you go back and take another look at what I said, you'll see that I never said that you were wrong, or that you wouldn't be proven right.

What I said is at this time, it's conjecture, speculation and presumption. All of those might very well be based on solid, logical reasoning, but it doesn't change the fact that it's conjecture, speculation and presumption.

That said, he might not have growing pains. Things might just click with him. Or maybe it's that the coaching staff might recognize his limitations, and will adjust what they ask of him. Like if he can't pull off a sluggo but can run a 9 or a slant, that's what they will have him do.
    I'd put my money on Hill developing. Sanjay Lal knows what he's doing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, Braylon never caught a ball when it counted?

Hill has a lot of potential, but he will drop a lot of balls this year. He's a body catcher, and that can be problematic. I'll bet anyone on here that Hill will have a problem with drops this year.

This is the typical overreaction to one game that we usually see around here. After the Cowboys game last year, everyone was talking about how Plaxico Burress was an upgrade to Braylon Edwards. We know how that turned out.
    This.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Braylonites = Tebowites
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post

And who ever said the Braylonites are no different than the Tebowites, you are right on.
    Couldn't be further from the truth. Apples to oranges.

Edwards is/has been a pro WR in the NFL with WR skills and has no religious angle whatsoever. So supporting him at least has merit from a football POV. We can all agree to disagree on the level of his skill.

Tebow is not/never has been a pro QB in the NFL and probably never will be, has no QB skills and well, we all know about the religious angle.

You can hate on Edwards all you want but at least use better analogies.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All analysts, radio hosts are calling it a drop. Went right through his fingers. Saying that Braylon was surprised that he was thrown the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    All analysts, radio hosts are calling it a drop. Went right through his fingers. Saying that Braylon was surprised that he was thrown the ball.
    So what does this mean?

He sucks?

Edwards was plagued by drop issues before coming to the Jets yet somehow managed to be a rather productive WR. As productive, if not more productive, than Santonio Holmes has been since he's been with the Jets.

This thread was just a poster's way of dumping on Edwards to try and stick it to those of us who support him.

The last positive Edwards thread was quickly dumped, yet this one still survives.

Interesting.

And no, I'm not saying the mods suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the fact of the matter is that Braylon was on our team and Tanny made the decision to let him walk. He was out best WR and Mark's favorite target.

Tebowites just follow their player around from team to team. Tebow is no where near being the best QB on the team. He was never previously a Jet. He's a distraction, both good (decoy for opposing teams) and bad (for the obvious reasons).

Those that support Braylon did so from a football perspective. Those that support Tebow do so from a totally different perspective because the kid can not play QB.

Really horrible analogy.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it really that hard to move on from Braylon?

don't get me wrong, I really liked him. liked the trade that brought him here, supported him throughout the DUI mess and never fully understood why we let him go.

but it's been well over a year and we're two seasons removed from Braylon's Jets days. praise or criticism, this ****'s got to stop.

let it go, *****es!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

don't get me wrong, I really liked him. liked the trade that brought him here, supported him throughout the DUI mess and never fully understood why we let him go.

but it's been well over a year and we're two seasons removed from Braylon's Jets days. praise or criticism, this ****'s got to stop.

let it go, *****es!!!
    +1

Especially since the Jets have replaced him with Hill who is a badass.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one that thought Holmes looked pretty damn good yesterday? I think he is going to surprise and have a damn good season if Sanchez can keep it up. Holmes' was flexing all of his talents yesterday

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Leon View Post
    Am I the only one that thought Holmes looked pretty damn good yesterday? I think he is going to surprise and have a damn good season if Sanchez can keep it up. Holmes' was flexing all of his talents yesterday
    No, he looked good. And he was targeted enough (eight times) to keep him happy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    No, it wasn't a drop. It was a really high throw. That's not an easy catch at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, it wasn't a drop. It was a really high throw. That's not an easy catch at all.
    Veteran NFL WRs are paid million$ to catch those. Especially big name divas like Edwards.

The ball went right threw his hands.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a drop, sorry.

I'd bet that BE would call it a drop.

Happens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Thats a drop, sorry.

I'd bet that BE would call it a drop.

Happens.
    And pass interference.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    And pass interference.
    Could be right on that one...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd put my money on Hill developing. Sanjay Lal knows what he's doing.
    BUT HE'S INDIA PEOPLE!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

let it go, *****es!!!
    LOL.

We didn't start this ****ing thread!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    I'm liking Hill even more now...
    Honesty is the best policy! Especially when reporting news. The pass was not exactly great and there was extremely tight coverage. Just saying.....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And pass interference.
    I think this is likely. As we can see in the first screenshot, the defender already has his body leaning on BE's back and his right arm around BE's waist, and the ball is not there yet.

Is it a catchable ball? Yes.

Is it an easy catch under the circumstances? No. Not at all.

Was this thread created as a lame attempt at trashing Edwards yet again? Absolutely.

Is this thread pointless? Absolutely.