Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards just dropped the game winning TD for Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    I like my players reeking of testosterone, not Hennessey with a side Jack Daniels. Plax was licensed to carry and had to pass a test. Bray couldn't pass a sobriety test. I've wasted too much of my extremely valuable time addressing you, I digress and tell your other username Vin he's a much better poster than this one. Freak.
    Wow, you just make things up. Plaxico was UNLICENSED. That was part of his problem. Now I understand how you could admire someone like that.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/02/sp...pagewanted=all

When all else fails, start making things up.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Wow, you just make things up. Plaxico was UNLICENSED. That was part of his problem. Now I understand how you could admire someone like that.

Yeah, it is extraordinarily difficult -- next to impossible, even -- to get a carry permit in NYC. That's reserved for the super-influential/famous.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

And you're a ****ty poster. 13,000 posts -- must have a lot of time on your hands.
    Also: take it down a notch, ok?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Yeah, it is extraordinarily difficult -- next to impossible, even -- to get a carry permit in NYC. That's reserved for the super-influential/famous.
    And another annoying little point, you have to actually live in NY.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Honestly this is the last time I'm going to respond to the uninformed, but you need to do your homework before you put ignorance in writing or get into it with me. Plax does/did have a license to CCW in Florida. Try disputing that fact. Need a link to Wikpedia?.

Nobody likes get owned on the internet, but it can't be worse than getting embarrased in public.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Honestly this is the last time I'm going to respond to the uninformed, but you need to do your homework before you put ignorance in writing or get into it with me. Plax does/did have a license to CCW in Florida. Try disputing that fact. Need a link to Wikpedia?.

Nobody likes get owned on the internet, but it can't be worse than getting embarrased in public.
    Not to argue this ridiculous point but what difference does it make if he had a permit or license in FL?

It's meaningless and worthless in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The hell is wrong with you dude? Calm down.
    Another message board cop...

He was in NY. What does a license to carry in FL have anything to do with carrying a gun in NY?

Jets Insider VIP
    Some of you are down right mental. Please tell me your secretly Seahawk fans.

NY does not like guys like Braylon. He will end up face down, naked, on the floor of a bedroom in dowtown NYC dead at 29 with indications of a possible overdose. Not in my town & not on my team. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Ball went through Hill's hands during Preseason and will, at the some point, go through his hands again.

He's not immune to the Dropsies either, you know....

What's your point?
    He dropped his first attempt of his career. Enough said.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where did I say he is on drugs? All I am saying is if a guy like Braylon with a low threshold for tolerance (and that has been proven) then NY is no place for him. Have you lived in NYC your whole life? I have. Were you at any of the NYJ charity events that Braylon attended? I was. Like I said, not in my town, not on my team.

And please don't respond to my posts, I'm not here to cyber debate futile subjects. Thanks.
    He will end up face down, naked, on the floor of a bedroom in dowtown NYC dead at 29 with indications of a possible overdose.
    Maybe it was THAT part.

If you have specific examples, please by all means, share them. I'd rather you do that than cast aspersions on the guy through veiled innuendo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    well since you asked
    2011 stats
    plaxico burress: 612 yd 8TD
    braylon edwards: 181yd 0TD

I think we made the right choice for last season even if plax wasn't that good. and driving around blotto with teammates in the car is just as dangerous as carrying a loaded gun around with you. stop being a hypocrite. edwards is just as stupid as every other WR you hate not named braylon
    Meaningless stats.

And you know it.

I don't even need to explain.

Jets Insider VIP
    Actually, no. There's a reason why one got thrown in the slammer, and the other got probation.

And the better comparison would be taking Edwards' numbers from 2010, in the same offense, with the same, albeit more inexperienced, QB. Afterall, that's what/who Plaxico was "replacing."

Btw, which guy has a job in the NFL this year? One is starting for an NFL team and the other is sitting at home on the couch. That tells you all you need to know.
    Bam!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    I'm not comparing stats. YOU asked about the 2011 signing of plax vs. edwards and how it worked out. I explained it to you. I really don't care that braylon is the #4 WR for seattle. I'm glad he got a veteran minimum 1 year deal. he was a good player in his day
    Wow. You keep bringing up 2011 stats when you know very well that Edwards was injured for most of the season but yet you fail to acknowledge that Burress is out of the NFL right now because no one wanted him. And that was after the season he had that you are so proud to mention in comparison to Edwards.

You can't have it both ways.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wow. You keep bringing up 2011 stats when you know very well that Edwards was injured for most of the season but yet you fail to acknowledge that Burress is out of the NFL right now because no one wanted him. And that was after the season he had that you are so proud to mention in comparison to Edwards.

You can't have it both ways.
    We gotta stop this Braylon argument. Its clear as day to anyone that we should have let Holmes walk and kept Braylon. That's not even a debatable. We made some bad personnel choices at the WR position but its over and done with.

I'd much rather have Hill learning to play WR from Braylon than Holmes, and two big deep threats with Kerley in the slot would be nice. We're stuck with Holmes however, and Hill looks like he can be good. If we keep using Holmes as a decoy and stop trying to throw it to him so often I think we can be really productive with Kerley, Keller, and Hill as our primary weapons.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Yes, we're sure. Did you see the Pics above yet or are you simply content to continue researching youtube for every single Braylon-bashing vid? "C'mon, man..."
    Agree to disagree. Whenever Sanchez would throw a pass to him in a clutch situation, I cringed. No gettin' over it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    We gotta stop this Braylon argument. Its clear as day to anyone that we should have let Holmes walk and kept Braylon. That's not even a debatable. We made some bad personnel choices at the WR position but its over and done with.

I'd much rather have Hill learning to play WR from Braylon than Holmes, and two big deep threats with Kerley in the slot would be nice. We're stuck with Holmes however, and Hill looks like he can be good. If we keep using Holmes as a decoy and stop trying to throw it to him so often I think we can be really productive with Kerley, Keller, and Hill as our primary weapons.
    Agreed.

I'll add that I think we would have been more versatile with Edwards rather than Schilens.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Still doesn't disprove the FACTS stated and backed up by visual evidence(Pics) above.
    Ball went between his mitts, plain and simple.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Ball went between his mitts, plain and simple.
    Chaz Schilens would have had that for sure.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Chaz Schilens would have had that for sure.
    Chaz Bono for that matter. He/She just had to pretend it was a Big Mac.