Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards just dropped the game winning TD for Seattle

Jets Insider VIP
    A healthy & sober Bray teamed with Hill and Kerley would've been a nice receiver trio.

Braylon who?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Ball went between his mitts, plain and simple.
    Even Plax would've caught it.

Braylovers are worse than Teblowers.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    We gotta stop this Braylon argument. Its clear as day to anyone that we should have let Holmes walk and kept Braylon. That's not even a debatable. We made some bad personnel choices at the WR position but its over and done with.

I'd much rather have Hill learning to play WR from Braylon than Holmes, and two big deep threats with Kerley in the slot would be nice. We're stuck with Holmes however, and Hill looks like he can be good. If we keep using Holmes as a decoy and stop trying to throw it to him so often I think we can be really productive with Kerley, Keller, and Hill as our primary weapons.
    Make up your mind ...

Who is our gamebreaker? Hill is 2-3 years away.
    Hill is 2-3 years away from making any significant impact though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Even Plax would've caught it.
    Are you sure?

In 2011, Plax had the 10th worst catch rate (47%) among the 92 WR's with 50 or more passes attempted.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Are you sure?

In 2011, Plax had the 10th worst catch rate (47%) among the 92 WR's with 50 or more passes attempted.
    Link?

In the clutch, Plax caught 11 of 19 balls in the redzone last year, 5 TDs.

Also, those numbers don't distinguish drops from bad throws.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Link?

In the clutch, Plax caught 11 of 19 balls in the redzone last year, 5 TDs.

Also, those numbers don't distinguish drops from bad throws.
    And there's no way to know that without watching each pass on film.

Holmes' rate was 50%. Although I also think Holmes is overrated.

However, Kerley's was 62%.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2011

We gotta stop this Braylon argument. Its clear as day to anyone that we should have let Holmes walk and kept Braylon. That's not even a debatable.
    see, this is why people are comparing the Braylon fans to Tebow fans...

it's not even debatable that we should've kept Braylon over Holmes?? really??

Holmes has nearly identical total numbers to Braylon despite playing 11 fewer games (and 2 less seasons) in his career, meaning he's far more consistent and reliable. not to mention Holmes warranted reputation for coming through in the clutch, as evidenced by his SB MVP performance or the game-winning plays he's made with the Jets.

you can make the argument as to which guy you like more, or who was a better fit for the Jets, but all measurables point to Holmes being the better player. it's something that is highly debatable, at the very least.

you can also make the argument as to whether or not Holmes was worth the extension he received from the Jets, and so far he hasn't come close to earning that money, but that's a completely different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    see, this is why people are comparing the Braylon fans to Tebow fans...

it's not even debatable that we should've kept Braylon over Holmes?? really??

Holmes has nearly identical total numbers to Braylon despite playing 11 fewer games (and 2 less seasons) in his career, meaning he's far more consistent and reliable. not to mention Holmes warranted reputation for coming through in the clutch, as evidenced by his SB MVP performance or the game-winning plays he's made with the Jets.

you can make the argument as to which guy you like more, or who was a better fit for the Jets, but all measurables point to Holmes being the better player. it's something that is highly debatable, at the very least.

you can also make the argument as to whether or not Holmes was worth the extension he received from the Jets, and so far he hasn't come close to earning that money, but that's a completely different matter.
    they're also different wrs. bray was assumed to be the classic big #1 wr who could get the long jump balls and go over the middle and make the tough catches. holmes was the smooth wr who ran great routes who could fake dbs out and take it to the house. on this jets team with hill and kerley, holmes is a better fit than braylon. they each do different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    Actually I think it's a she & has been trolling this board ever since she got banned. People like this only post negative pot shots in the hopes of garnering the wrong kind of attention then wearing it like a badge of honor on another website. The kind of person that would have gotten in the car with Braylon even though he was pounding down drinks all night. In fact there was a woman and another guy with edwards, Brick & Vern that night he got pulled over.

Vin, can you confirm or deny this being the 4th guy in the Range Rover? (-;
    I do not respond to those calling people "mental" who then turn around and post a comment only "mental" people post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I do not respond to those calling people "mental" who then turn around and post a comment only "mental" people post.
    My apologies Vin, stupid comment on a stupid thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    My apologies Vin, stupid comment on a stupid thread.
    Pretty much. You're supposed to be above this.

Suggesting someone basically die was a bit too much. Even if that's not what you intended, suggesting that BE be found lying DEAD in a hotel room was not exactly the norm for you.

Even when we had our little spats, you didn't really go there. I'm guessing Kimble rubs you the wrong way, huh?

Suggesting someone basically die was a bit too much. Even if that's not what you intended, suggesting that BE be found lying DEAD in a hotel room was not exactly the norm for you.
    This.....is exactly the point. Limolady's post on BE was way over-the-top and there is nothing to back up her claims. As was said in this thread, what Plax did was far more dangerous to the public along with having a profound negative impact on his team at the time than anything BE EVER did.

Also, having a license in one state to carry a weapon does not apply to NY. I am sure the NY Taxi and Limo Commission does not allow drivers with a Florida license to operate a limo in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Kimble, if you go back and take another look at what I said, you'll see that I never said that you were wrong, or that you wouldn't be proven right.

What I said is at this time, it's conjecture, speculation and presumption. All of those might very well be based on solid, logical reasoning, but it doesn't change the fact that it's conjecture, speculation and presumption.

That said, he might not have growing pains. Things might just click with him. Or maybe it's that the coaching staff might recognize his limitations, and will adjust what they ask of him. Like if he can't pull off a sluggo but can run a 9 or a slant, that's what they will have him do.
    Like I said, the kid is raw. He did absolutely nothing today. You can't get too high or too low on him.

Wow. It's this "thread" again.

Wow. It's this "thread" again.
    I just wanted to make a comment about Hill, not BE. Last week, Hill was the greatest thing ever. We'll see what people say this week.

I don't overreact either way. He'll pick it up next week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Facts:

1. Braylon Edwards has played in the NFL for 8 seasons and has exactly 1 season with more than 1,000 yards receiving (2007).

2. Edward's second best career season came in 2009 with the Jets when he had 904 yards receiving and 7 TD's.

3. In the two seasons since Braylon left the Jets he has a total of 20 receptions.

4. Braylon Edwards' last touchdown catch was in Week 16 of the 2009 season when the Jets beat the Bills 38 - 7.

5. Edwards' is currently a backup WR for the Seattle Seahawks.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Facts:

1. Braylon Edwards has played in the NFL for 8 seasons and has exactly 1 season with more than 1,000 yards receiving (2007).

2. Edward's second best career season came in 2009 with the Jets when he had 904 yards receiving and 7 TD's.

3. In the two seasons since Braylon left the Jets he has a total of 20 receptions.

4. Braylon Edwards' last touchdown catch was in Week 16 of the 2009 season when the Jets beat the Bills 38 - 7.

His last TD was at Foxborough in the 2010 Divisional, no?

He's now Seattle's #4 WR behind Rice, Baldwin, and Tate.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Facts:

6. Other than Holmes, (and a future Hill?), he's the best WR the Jets have had for awhile.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    6. Other than Holmes, (and a future Hill?), he's the best WR the Jets have had for awhile.
    Agree 100%

And Vinny Testaverde was probably the best QB we've had in over a decade. But I wouldn't want him or Braylon back right now. It's important to know when guys are done. 20 catches and 0 regular season TDs since 2009 when Mark Brunnell threw him a TD pass for the Jets....Tannenbaum made the right call on Braylon IMO.

As Bill Walsh used to say, better to let a guy go a year too early than a year too late. In retrospect, we let Braylon go at exactly the right time.