Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a #1 RB

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

We need a #1 RB

Greene is a close the show 4th quarter running back. He lacks vision at the second level. Hes strong and delivers a hit but doesn't show the consistent ability/balance to break away after contact. It's good for establishing attitude. But he leaves way to many yards on the field. I like Greene and he has a place on the jets just not as a #1.

McKnight is a explosive running back without the BOOM. Been watching him since his USC days and he never seems to makes that last guy miss. Lacks that playmaker wiggle. Has all the moves has no idea how or when to use them. I've never been sold on McKnight and wish we woulda drafted Ronnie Hillman to replace him.

I think Powell is a good 3rd back lol And could develop into starting material not a home run hitter but a C.Martin type plain consistent play in and play out. He shows balance, vision, ability to make the first man miss, but seems overwhelmed by the moment. Maybe he will progress maybe not. I'm not holding my breath though.

I could go into more detail about it but I figure we are just stuck with 2's and 3's let's make it work.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will get one eventually.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Powell looked aight today, maybe not a #1, but decent.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jones-Drew, Ben Tate...who cares?

Just get me someone with the ability to break a big play and isn't totally incompetent as a receiver out of the backfield.

It's pretty obvious that Greene isn't incapable of breaking a big run and for a guy who is supposedly a power back, he runs with next to no power at all.

And if you aren't going to make a trade for someone, then at least get Powell and McKnight more involved in the gameplan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't want to trade for a vet that has or will require "starter salary". And those are usually the guys that are on the block - nobody trades the young guy with upside who's playing on a cheap rookie contract.

Next year in the draft, RB is among the priorities.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    On Greene's TD run you could see the look in his face from the EZ cam. He actually had a surprised look on his face when he didn't go down with the first hit and made it through the hole...

Is he hurt or something? Every time he gets up from a run it's very slowly and he acts like he's hurt...

I wish we would give McKnight a few carries on 1st and 2nd down. You don't know what he has or if he will develop if you never use him EVER... He's so damn good in space we should have more than a few plays drawn up just for him every game..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Jones-Drew, Ben Tate...who cares?

Just get me someone with the ability to break a big play and isn't totally incompetent as a receiver out of the backfield.

It's pretty obvious that Greene isn't incapable of breaking a big run and for a guy who is supposedly a power back, he runs with next to no power at all.

And if you aren't going to make a trade for someone, then at least get Powell and McKnight more involved in the gameplan.
    He delivers a blow just ask rey maualuga just doesn't posses the balance to finish on a consistent basis.
    He just falls after the blow not to mention

A bigger problem is he still seems to have ball security issues which is really scary

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a joke of a post.

Jets have had the most dominant performance in a long time and you're blaming the RB.

Please!!!!!

Enjoy the win and worry about a game when the Jets lose.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene was never elusive but we knew that when we drafted him. Do I wish we had a better #1 back? Yes. Could we do worse? That is also a yes. The Bills front four was supposed to be a top 5 D-line going into the season so I'm not totally unhappy with Greene's final numbers. He even had a better day than Arian Foster. One thing that I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE was how he fumbled the ball TWICE today. We were lucky that they didn't result in turnovers. He fumbled once without anyone touching him and the other time as he was going in for a TD. I can't think of more egregious fumbles than those.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Jets have had the most dominant performance in a long time and you're blaming the RB.

Please!!!!!

This is stupid. I am ecstatic that we won but this team still has flaws. This is a forum where we discuss every aspect of the team in depth and RB is a serious weakness right now. I am in full agreement with the OP.

I'm all for being happy and celebrating a great win, but that does not mean it's foolish to critique our team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Please!!!!!

Not blaming anybody bro. Just saying we don't have a number #1 which we don't.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    On Greene's TD run you could see the look in his face from the EZ cam. He actually had a surprised look on his face when he didn't go down with the first hit and made it through the hole...

Is he hurt or something? Every time he gets up from a run it's very slowly and he acts like he's hurt...

I wish we would give McKnight a few carries on 1st and 2nd down. You don't know what he has or if he will develop if you never use him EVER... He's so damn good in space we should have more than a few plays drawn up just for him every game..
    I thought he hurt himself on that 10-12 yard run early in the game. He seemed to take the next series off. That's when Powell got a few carries.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    if sanchez looks like he did today, all we need is a guy who can do 3.5-4.0 and move the chains..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah he doesnt have huge playmaking ability but what he does provide is 3,4 yards nearly every carry.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    if sanchez looks like he did today, all we need is a guy who can do 3.5-4.0 and move the chains..
    And hold onto the ball.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by teng View Post
    Greene was never elusive but we knew that when we drafted him. Do I wish we had a better #1 back? Yes. Could we do worse? That is also a yes. The Bills front four was supposed to be a top 5 D-line going into the season so I'm not totally unhappy with Greene's final numbers. He even had a better day than Arian Foster. One thing that I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE was how he fumbled the ball TWICE today. We were lucky that they didn't result in turnovers. He fumbled once without anyone touching him and the other time as he was going in for a TD. I can't think of more egregious fumbles than those.
    The only thing that i saw as a concern for Greene was the fumbles. He usually has a bad game with fumbles so I hope he gets it out of the way now.

Greene is fine. our Oline sucks at Run blocking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty ironic that the ground and pound team got one score late in the game from the running game, with 3 thru the air, the other 2 from D/ST,

Who is out there and can they use the current cap space to get him?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    This is stupid. I am ecstatic that we won but this team still has flaws. This is a forum where we discuss every aspect of the team in depth and RB is a serious weakness right now. I am in full agreement with the OP.

I'm all for being happy and celebrating a great win, but that does not mean it's foolish to critique our team.
    I'm not saying Greene is a stud RB but he's the Jet's #1 RB right now and he's a solid one. To say he's capable of being the RB that carries this team to the super bowl is wrong, in my opinion, which makes him a #1 RB....

he's a quality RB that almost ran for 100 yards today...how many RB's are better than him in the league?

he's in the top half...give me 15 backs better?

it's just too much hate around here...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Pretty ironic that the ground and pound team got one score late in the game from the running game, with 3 thru the air, the other 2 from D/ST,

Who is out there and can they use the current cap space to get him?
    In hindsight Chris Polk went undrafted Big fast elusive ability to break tackles blah blah blah ect ect ect. Runs a lil high for my taste. He was coming off of injury I think. But that doesn't matter now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying Greene is a stud RB but he's the Jet's #1 RB right now and he's a solid one. To say he's capable of being the RB that carries this team to the super bowl is wrong, in my opinion, which makes him a #1 RB....

he's a quality RB that almost ran for 100 yards today...how many RB's are better than him in the league?

he's in the top half...give me 15 backs better?

it's just too much hate around here...
    1. Peterson
    2. Foster
    3.mccoy
    4.gore
    5.MJD
    6. Ray rice
    7.mcfadden
    8.CJ
    9. Lynch
    10.fred Jackson
    11.forte
    12. D.murray
    13.mcgahee
    14.stephen Jackson
    15.willams or Stewart from Carolina
    16.m. Turner
    Blah blah yaccky smackky
    I like Greene tons and think hes good for the jets but he leaves alot of yards on the field. Aging Thomas jones was able to turn the 14 yarder into 40. Greene can but more often then not he lowers his head lays a awesome blow then falls down like we playing ring around the rosie.