Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 109

Thread: We need a #1 RB

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    The median yards per carry for every back in the league is either 2 or 3.


    The separation in the mean yards per carry is determined by stops behind the line of scrimmage and long runs, the long runs more so than the stops behind the line.

    Greene finished at the bottom of the league in broken tackles while rarely being stopped for negative yards. That means that he doesn't get tackled behind the line because defenders rarely get their hands on him behind the line, that's a credit to the offensive line. It's not like he's shrugging guys off in the backfield and fighting his way back to the LOS for no gain.
    I believe Greene only has 10 runs of 20 yards or more in his career with the Jets. Thats very telling.

  2. #82
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    I honestly believe that our RB's compliment each other fine. In a perfect world, it would be great if Powell turns out to be the No.1, with a fresh Greene battering tired Defenses in the 2nd half of games.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I believe Greene only has 10 runs of 20 yards or more in his career with the Jets. Thats very telling.
    greene is good in a rotation. he tends to get dinged up and isn't much of a factor in the passing game. sparano's dolphins had multiple rbs and they could all catch. also greene's usefulness diminishes when the jets are losing in the 2nd half b/c they may need to throw more. ideally powell takes some of his reps, b/c if greene gets hurt and misses time the jets basically have nobody with any real experience in carrying the load.

  4. #84
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,946
    I'm not a Greene hater, but some things scare me about him, with nothing really behind him... Obviously the fumbles... 2 on the day and the other is his durability... after one of his best runs on Sunday, looked like he was hurt again. If he gets hurt or has a bad fumble day, not sure you can go all day to Bilal and McKnight...


    I like the idea of bringing in Hightower, Now, off the street and mixing him in...and having him as insurance.... he'll be gone if it comes down to us NEEDING him.

    Use the roster spot on another back? I think it would be good

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I wouldn't want either of the Carolina backs, Jackson, Murrey, McFadden, or McGahee over Greene.
    Put down the kool aid, all those RB's are much better than Greene.

  6. #86
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Put down the kool aid, all those RB's are much better than Greene.
    you of all people should know...


  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    I'm not a Greene hater, but some things scare me about him, with nothing really behind him... Obviously the fumbles... 2 on the day and the other is his durability... after one of his best runs on Sunday, looked like he was hurt again. If he gets hurt or has a bad fumble day, not sure you can go all day to Bilal and McKnight...


    I like the idea of bringing in Hightower, Now, off the street and mixing him in...and having him as insurance.... he'll be gone if it comes down to us NEEDING him.

    Use the roster spot on another back? I think it would be good
    what's interesting to me is that, for a team that emphasizes the run so much, there's no proven rbs behind greene. powell is still an unknown and mcknight seems to have been passed by powell. let's say greene gets nailed in the ribs in the 2nd quarter against the steelers and won't return. can powell get it done?

  8. #88
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,540
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what's interesting to me is that, for a team that emphasizes the run so much, there's no proven rbs behind greene. powell is still an unknown and mcknight seems to have been passed by powell. let's say greene gets nailed in the ribs in the 2nd quarter against the steelers and won't return. can powell get it done?
    Well based on the current roster and lack of other RBs on the practice squad, it appears that the coaching staff believes Powell can get it done.

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what's interesting to me is that, for a team that emphasizes the run so much, there's no proven rbs behind greene. powell is still an unknown and mcknight seems to have been passed by powell. let's say greene gets nailed in the ribs in the 2nd quarter against the steelers and won't return. can powell get it done?
    exactly...maybe then they use Tebow as the back

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Well based on the current roster and lack of other RBs on the practice squad, it appears that the coaching staff believes Powell can get it done.
    i don't know how else to read it.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    Lotta mileage on those legs but I'm in
    huh, he has only carrier the ball 400 times. he will probably end his college career with less than 650 carries.

  12. #92

    Question

    I would like to pick up knile davis as a change of pace back next year

  13. #93
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,522
    I'd take McFadden any day over Greene.

    That being said, a great offensive line can make any back look like Walter Payton.

    One back the Jets should've considered but they let him fly by on waivers and now he's on Houston's practice squad is Jonathan Grimes. The guy has power and speed and can catch the ball too.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    huh, he has only carrier the ball 400 times. he will probably end his college career with less than 650 carries.
    i haven't looked at the stats to check but i remember (i could be wrong) that most of his good rushing games have very high carry out puts like high 20's 30's hes been doing that since a freshman. doesn't mean i wouldn't jump for joy if we pick him up.

  15. #95
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Floral Park, NY
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    I'd take McFadden any day over Greene.
    Me too... I think we all wanted him in that draft...maybe he was a little slow to bloom, but looking at that draft and what happened with Gholston, we should have tried to trade up...might not have come away with Keller, but...

    16New York JetsGholston, VernonVernon GholstonDEOhio StateBig Ten130New York JetsKeller, DustinDustin KellerTEPurdueBig Tenfrom Green Bay4113New York JetsLowery, DwightDwight LoweryCBSan Jose StateWACfrom Green Bay via New York Jets and New Orleans5162New York JetsAinge, ErikErik AingeQBTennesseeSECfrom Green Bay6171New York JetsHenry, MarcusMarcus HenryWRKansasBig 1216New York JetsGholston, VernonVernon GholstonDEOhio StateBig Ten130New York JetsKeller, DustinDustin KellerTEPurdueBig Tenfrom Green Bay4113New York JetsLowery, DwightDwight LoweryCBSan Jose StateWACfrom Green Bay via New York Jets and New Orleans5162New York JetsAinge, ErikErik AingeQBTennesseeSECfrom Green Bay6171New York JetsHenry, MarcusMarcus HenryWRKansasBig 121 6 New York Jets Gholston, VernonVernon Gholston DE Ohio State Big Ten
    1 30 New York Jets Keller, DustinDustin Keller TE Purdue Big Ten from Green Bay
    4 113 New York Jets Lowery, DwightDwight Lowery CB San Jose State WAC from Green Bay via New York Jets and New Orleans
    5 162 New York Jets Ainge, ErikErik Ainge QB Tennessee SEC from Green Bay
    6 171 New York Jets Henry, MarcusMarcus Henry WR Kansas Big 12

  16. #96
    Who cares? We can clearly throw the ball effectively now, so Greene getting 3 ypc isn't the end of the world. Not every RB is Ray Rice, you know.

  17. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post

    We can clearly throw the ball effectively now.
    That's the funniest post I have read on here in a while.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's the funniest post I have read on here in a while.
    Better than the Bills +3.5 was the easy money bet of the weekend?

  19. #99
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,522
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's the funniest post I have read on here in a while.
    Not including yours of course. lol

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's the funniest post I have read on here in a while.
    Mark: 19/27, 266 yards, 3 TDs

    I know you don't actually watch the games since it confuses you, but try to at least do your research before you try to troll. Otherwise, you'll end up looking like an uninformed goon. But, hey; why should that ever change?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us