Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We need a #1 RB

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lamont Jordan 2.0

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene is a grinder not flashy or particularly quick.

He is a great complimentary back.

We need a #1 back in the future but he is the best we have this season, I hope that next year we draft a back with one of our higher picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    1. Peterson
    2. Foster
    3.mccoy
    4.gore
    5.MJD
    6. Ray rice
    7.mcfadden
    8.CJ
    9. Lynch
    10.fred Jackson
    11.forte
    12. D.murray
    13.mcgahee
    14.stephen Jackson
    15.willams or Stewart from Carolina
    16.m. Turner
    Blah blah yaccky smackky
    I like Greene tons and think hes good for the jets but he leaves alot of yards on the field. Aging Thomas jones was able to turn the 14 yarder into 40. Greene can but more often then not he lowers his head lays a awesome blow then falls down like we playing ring around the rosie.
    I put Greene number 12 on that list...

the grass is always greener!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

That was cool I like that. lol

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene will likely be gone next year. This team is one dynamic RB away from being a strong Super Bowl contender for a few years. Hopefully in Hill they got their true #1 WR, Kerley is still young, Holmes still in his prime. The O line except for Moore is young or in their prime, and of course Sanchez will only be 26. If the Jets could land a difference maker in the back field it makes this offense 100x better.

If you watched DeMarco Murray on Wed. night you would see how much a RB who can make something out of nothing can help your offense. Greene NEVER makes any of those runs. Sometimes a RB has to create something from nothing.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Austin Howard proves to be a mainstay at RT, it gives us the ability to try to make a play for Marcus Lattimore. He is expected to go in the teens, so it wont cost a bankload.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    If Austin Howard proves to be a mainstay at RT, it gives us the ability to try to make a play for Marcus Lattimore. He is expected to go in the teens, so it wont cost a bankload.
    Lotta mileage on those legs but I'm in
    Last edited by SgtAshton; 09-09-2012 at 09:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't understand why they give Greene the almost all of the carries. He should probably only get 15 carries a game. Let the other guys handle the rock.

None of them are great, but they do have different skill sets. It seems like they're committed to Greene for no good reason. The fact that he fumbled twice should be enough to reduce his role.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a lot of guys that I like better than Greene. A LOT. I bet I could get to 40 without much effort.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    There are a lot of guys that I like better than Greene. A LOT. I bet I could get to 40 without much effort.
    I think Bilal Powell is better than Greene.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Greene will likely be gone next year. This team is one dynamic RB away from being a strong Super Bowl contender for a few years.
    +1

Given how things went today, I agree - this team is a great RB and some speedy LBs away from playing at an elite level. I'd also love to add a dominant TE because working off that position seems like a natural fit for Sanchez.

Austin Howard working out reasonably well would be a huge boon for us. Some folks are making excuses for Williams today - but the guy looked pretty quick off the LOS to me. Have to give Howard credit. Howard is tall, wide and has a lot of weight in his legs, seems to have a low center of gravity that makes him hard to turn. I was impressed with what I saw today - would love to hear someone else's take on what they saw.

I agree that Greene is gone after this year. I think Maybin is too - he is the LB we need on paper, but he disappears in the games. I just don't think he has great football instincts, espc. to diagnose a play and find the ballcarrier.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I think Bilal Powell is better than Greene.
    Also agree. Powell definitely showed some ability. I expect he'll get more touches as he gains experience and there were a couple of times today where it looked like he could have had some nice runs out of the wildcat - although Tebow kept the ball each time.

Powell is no Spiller - but he sure looks like he could be a real 3rd down back.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

That fact that he puts Gore at 4 makes that list a complete joke regardless. You can make arguments for most of those guys but Gore is pretty done. He has had a good career and had a good game tonight. Fact is he doesn't have enough tread on his tires to last a full year anymore. Oh and Greene is even a better receiving option at this point of their careers. I wouldn't want either of the Carolina backs, Jackson, Murrey, McFadden, or McGahee over Greene. Maybe even Lynch who drops big do to his attitude IMO.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    1. Peterson
    2. Foster
    3.mccoy
    4.gore
    5.MJD
    6. Ray rice
    7.mcfadden
    8.CJ
    9. Lynch
    10.fred Jackson
    11.forte
    12. D.murray
    13.mcgahee
    14.stephen Jackson
    15.willams or Stewart from Carolina
    16.m. Turner
    Blah blah yaccky smackky
    I like Greene tons and think hes good for the jets but he leaves alot of yards on the field. Aging Thomas jones was able to turn the 14 yarder into 40. Greene can but more often then not he lowers his head lays a awesome blow then falls down like we playing ring around the rosie.
    An aging T. Jones could barely get 2yds let alone turn a 14yrd run into 40.
    Greene did fine today. Those were some very tough yrds out there. The Bills run D played very good the whole game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    That fact that he puts Gore at 4 makes that list a complete joke regardless. You can make arguments for most of those guys but Gore is pretty done. He has had a good career and had a good game tonight. Fact is he doesn't have enough tread on his tires to last a full year anymore. Oh and Greene is even a better receiving option at this point of their careers. I wouldn't want either of the Carolina backs, Jackson, Murrey, McFadden, or McGahee over Greene. Maybe even Lynch who drops big do to his attitude IMO.
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

Gore is still just as beastly as he's always been. I think he proved that today.

And you're telling me that you wouldn't take a guy like McFadden over Shonn Greene?

I don't even know what to say.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    Greene did fine today. Those were some very tough yrds out there. The Bills run D played very good the whole game.
    Really?

His first year with the Jets his longest run was for 36.

In year two his longest run was for 59 yards.

In year three his longest run was for 71 yards.

His last two seasons here he averaged 4.2 & 4.5 per carry. And over 1,400 yards his last season.

Lets see Greene do this, then we can roll our eyes.
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 09-10-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Where do you come up with this stuff?

Gore is still just as beastly as he's always been. I think he proved that today.

And you're telling me that you wouldn't take a guy like McFadden over Shonn Greene?

I don't even know what to say.
    That guys username tells you everything you need to know about his mental state.

Greene isn't even the best RB on this team let alone top 20 in the league. The guy is constantly running into his blockers and falling without being touched. I see he's also added the fumble without being touched to his arsenal of fail this season.

The Jets need to give McKnight more touches. He is clearly the most explosive back on this team.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus are you just a troll or something? I thought your Patrick Turner is better than Brandon Lloyd spiel was insane, but you top yourself every week.

How the hell can anyone think Greene is better than McFadden. They have to just be trolling. The guy has averaged over 5 yards a carry the last two years.

And Greene is 'better receiving option' than Gore? Wow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm that list wasn't in any order according to skill. just the way I thought them up to get to 15 that's all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsonly View Post
    I was talking about 09 for Thomas jones. And I'm talking about greenes career I wouldn't judge a running back off of one game. But if u thinks he's a number one go right ahead.