Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Key to beating Pittsburgh . . . the passing game!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Key to beating Pittsburgh . . . the passing game!!!!

You know, like a 21st century NFL offense.

F*ck ground and pound. Do not need to see Shonne Greene fumble the ball when he runs into Moore's ass next week.

Pittsburgh's secondary sucks.

Light it up with Hill, Holmes and Kerley.

Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-09-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. PIT will be amped to stuff the wildcat nonsense. Beat them in the air like a drum. As for Defense I think we'll be ok. As long as Revis can contain the speedy Wallace I think we will hold PIT to a low score.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The key to this will be Sanchez's PUMP FAKE.

The man is great at it. Didn't see it at all last year. Saw it twice today at least. Freeze those motherfukcers and toss it down field.

Boom.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pitt's D looks very good so far tonight. Lot of early pressure on Peyton. I think a good ground game is vital to winning next week. We pass blocked well this week against a front 4. Pitt will use blitzes and different rushes. I don't think it's a great idea to drop Mark back a ton as our gameplan.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yup. PIT will be amped to stuff the wildcat nonsense. Beat them in the air like a drum. As for Defense I think we'll be ok. As long as Revis can contain the speedy Wallace I think we will hold PIT to a low score.
    They stuck Cromartie on Wallace in both games in 2010 and he did a nice job. I think they'll stick with that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again... The key to Pitt will be keeping Sanchez upright.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The key to this will be Sanchez's PUMP FAKE.

The man is great at it. Didn't see it at all last year. Saw it twice today at least. Freeze those motherfukcers and toss it down field.

Boom.
    He did it a lot last year. usually right before he was getting speared in the back and caused some fumbles.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    He did it a lot last year. usually right before he was getting speared in the back and caused some fumbles.
    I hardly saw it. And I don't remember that during the Baltimore game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    the passing game will need to open up the running game next week.

also, perfect for the no-huddle. you've got to tire out the defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    the passing game will need to open up the running game next week.

also, perfect for the no-huddle. you've got to tire out the defense.
    Exactly.

Pass the ball to run the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

F*ck ground and pound. Do not need to see Shonne Greene fumble the ball when he runs into Moore's ass next week.

What about defense? If the Jets don't play twice as good this weekend as they did today we won't stand a chance. They must keep Big Ben in the pocket. Never let him get out. If you get the chance to sack him? You'd better lay the wood. He's not some p*ssy like Tom Brady. He can take a hit and never even go down. The defense MUST win at the LOS. I'm watching the Steelers right now and I am quite impressed with the Pitt OL. Big, big, big challenge for the Jets early in the season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Pitt's D looks very good so far tonight. Lot of early pressure on Peyton. I think a good ground game is vital to winning next week. We pass blocked well this week against a front 4. Pitt will use blitzes and different rushes. I don't think it's a great idea to drop Mark back a ton as our gameplan.
    Denver's offensive line is suspect

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What about defense? If the Jets don't play twice as good this weekend as they did today we won't stand a chance. They must keep Big Ben in the pocket. Never let him get out. If you get the chance to sack him? You'd better lay the wood. He's not some p*ssy like Tom Brady. He can take a hit and never even go down. The defense MUST win at the LOS. I'm watching the Steelers right now and I am quite impressed with the Pitt OL. Big, big, big challenge for the Jets early in the season.
    They are not that good anymore. Not saying the jets are better, just saying they are not the same team as a few years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets were trying to do a lot more penetrating today from the DL than usual. That meant that a lot of times the players were out of position on run plays.

I wonder if we continue to try that or if we shift back more to a gap integrity thing.

btw, the jets were up big...and the defense rested on its laurels. that's what happened. hard to draw conclusions bc it was so uncompetitive.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am assuming that Pittsburgh is going to score some points. They have some great weapons.

I just think they are going to stonewall our running game. We should run it just enough to keep them honest. But if we are going to win, it will be because Sanchez has a great day passing and we held up in pass blocking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pressure and contain Ben. Keep their defense honest and on their heels with some quick tosses and screens to McKnight and Powell. This is not the game for Greene to get the majority of the playing time. No conservative stuff with Greene up the middle and a cloud of dust and please less of the wildcat as well. They will be playing 8 in the box so we need to spread them out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can't have a ground and pound offense when your #1 RB is Greene. This guy is not a feature back and never will be.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

How does Polamalu, Clark, and Ike Taylor make the secondary bad?

Hopefully Harrison's knee is still bothering him.

Steeler's O-Line is banged-up and if we can generate a pass rush and forced Roethlisberger into a few mistakes, then the game is ours.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Like they stuffed the WC in Denver last year?

It should be a mix like it was today, probably will show more variations off of it, they didn't have to today because of the score