Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: Key to beating Pittsburgh . . . the passing game!!!!

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    You probably mad as hell cause the Jets won lol

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Jets will benefit majorly by having Po'uha back in the game next week.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Jets will benefit majorly by having Po'uha back in the game next week.
    I think they need better play from their linebackers most all. Containment was horrible on the outside and Scott and Harris look slow footed.Pouha wouldn't have matter today .

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What about defense? If the Jets don't play twice as good this weekend as they did today we won't stand a chance. They must keep Big Ben in the pocket. Never let him get out. If you get the chance to sack him? You'd better lay the wood. He's not some p*ssy like Tom Brady. He can take a hit and never even go down. The defense MUST win at the LOS. I'm watching the Steelers right now and I am quite impressed with the Pitt OL. Big, big, big challenge for the Jets early in the season.
    Yup, i was thinking the same thing. Pitt looks good tonight... as usual. Next week’s game will tell us a lot about the Jets. I don’t expect a win, i just hope they show up and play hard .

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,984
    I disagree ... Key to beating Pitt is a healthy REVIS !

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,850
    Sanchez is good with the play actions. If the Jets don't run the ball that's useless.

  7. #27
    Big Ben's escapability on that last drive was amazing. He'll be a handful next week, we need the front 7 to play a lot better.

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    1. Establish the run. Can't have Sanchez drop back 30+ times against the Steelers' blitzing defense. Greene needs to pick his ****ing game up and help control the T.O.P.

    2. Blitz the **** out of Roethlisberger. DO NOT give him time in the pocket as he WILL find someone open in the middle of the field. Contain, contain, contain. Do not overpursue. If you get a hand on Roethlisberger, you HAVE to bring him down.

    3. NO missed tackles, pretty self-explanatory.

    4. Limit turnovers. Play SMART football.

    5. ???

    6. PROFIT!!!

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    48
    Run the wildcat every third play.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I hardly saw it. And I don't remember that during the Baltimore game.

    Yeah, he pump faked quite a bit last year.

    He's very good at it.

  11. #31
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    4,213
    Tough to beat the Steelers with ground and pound. Blitz pickups will be crucial. If Mark has time to throw it good things can happen. Hopefully Keller is 100 percent, we'll need him over the middle.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    11,953
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    I think they need better play from their linebackers most all. Containment was horrible on the outside and Scott and Harris look slow footed.Pouha wouldn't have matter today .
    he will draw a double team. he will help.

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    6,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    he will draw a double team. he will help.
    What is the use of drawing double team when your backers aren't getting there. Most of the big runs was bounced to the outside by Spiller so the interior guys was doing there job standing up the middle. The same exact thing Pouha does.

  14. #34
    Take advantage of Steelers being over-aggressive as Denver just did there

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    To be frank, I don't think we are going to win next week, but I hope they play okay and hard

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    To be frank, I don't think we are going to win next week, but I hope they play okay and hard
    An optimist. How refreshing.

  17. #37
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    19,005
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    1. Establish the run. Can't have Sanchez drop back 30+ times against the Steelers' blitzing defense. Greene needs to pick his ****ing game up and help control the T.O.P.

    2. Blitz the **** out of Roethlisberger. DO NOT give him time in the pocket as he WILL find someone open in the middle of the field. Contain, contain, contain. Do not overpursue. If you get a hand on Roethlisberger, you HAVE to bring him down.

    3. NO missed tackles, pretty self-explanatory.

    4. Limit turnovers. Play SMART football.

    5. ???

    6. PROFIT!!!
    LOL

    Gotta go to work, work all day...

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,686
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    An optimist. How refreshing.
    I'm being a realist, but their are several factors that could determine the game.

    1. Rashard Mendenhall playing. He scorched us in the AFC Championship game.

    2. The outcome of this game tonight. Do not want to face a pissed off Pittsburgh team

    3. Status of the injured o-linemen for Pittsburgh.

    4. And of course the health of Revis.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Tough to beat the Steelers with ground and pound. Blitz pickups will be crucial. If Mark has time to throw it good things can happen. Hopefully Keller is 100 percent, we'll need him over the middle.
    Did you watch today's game? We're really not that much of a ground and pound team, and we clearly have an aerial assault now. I think this whole ground and pound talk from Rex is just a smokescreen. I mean, we're not even really built like a running team.

    The 2012 Jets are not ground and pound; we're sky and fly.

  20. #40
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm being a realist, but their are several factors that could determine the game.

    1. Rashard Mendenhall playing. He scorched us in the AFC Championship game.

    2. The outcome of this game tonight. Do not want to face a pissed off Pittsburgh team

    3. Status of the injured o-linemen for Pittsburgh.

    4. And of course the health of Revis.
    LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us