Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Key to beating Pittsburgh . . . the passing game!!!!

All League
    You probably mad as hell cause the Jets won lol

Jets will benefit majorly by having Po'uha back in the game next week.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Jets will benefit majorly by having Po'uha back in the game next week.
    I think they need better play from their linebackers most all. Containment was horrible on the outside and Scott and Harris look slow footed.Pouha wouldn't have matter today .

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What about defense? If the Jets don't play twice as good this weekend as they did today we won't stand a chance. They must keep Big Ben in the pocket. Never let him get out. If you get the chance to sack him? You'd better lay the wood. He's not some p*ssy like Tom Brady. He can take a hit and never even go down. The defense MUST win at the LOS. I'm watching the Steelers right now and I am quite impressed with the Pitt OL. Big, big, big challenge for the Jets early in the season.
    Yup, i was thinking the same thing. Pitt looks good tonight... as usual. Next week’s game will tell us a lot about the Jets. I don’t expect a win, i just hope they show up and play hard .

I disagree ... Key to beating Pitt is a healthy REVIS !

Sanchez is good with the play actions. If the Jets don't run the ball that's useless.

Big Ben's escapability on that last drive was amazing. He'll be a handful next week, we need the front 7 to play a lot better.

Jets Insider VIP
    1. Establish the run. Can't have Sanchez drop back 30+ times against the Steelers' blitzing defense. Greene needs to pick his ****ing game up and help control the T.O.P.

2. Blitz the **** out of Roethlisberger. DO NOT give him time in the pocket as he WILL find someone open in the middle of the field. Contain, contain, contain. Do not overpursue. If you get a hand on Roethlisberger, you HAVE to bring him down.

3. NO missed tackles, pretty self-explanatory.

4. Limit turnovers. Play SMART football.

5. ???

6. PROFIT!!!

Run the wildcat every third play.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    I hardly saw it. And I don't remember that during the Baltimore game.

Yeah, he pump faked quite a bit last year.

He's very good at it.

Tough to beat the Steelers with ground and pound. Blitz pickups will be crucial. If Mark has time to throw it good things can happen. Hopefully Keller is 100 percent, we'll need him over the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    I think they need better play from their linebackers most all. Containment was horrible on the outside and Scott and Harris look slow footed.Pouha wouldn't have matter today .
    he will draw a double team. he will help.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    he will draw a double team. he will help.
    What is the use of drawing double team when your backers aren't getting there. Most of the big runs was bounced to the outside by Spiller so the interior guys was doing there job standing up the middle. The same exact thing Pouha does.

Take advantage of Steelers being over-aggressive as Denver just did there

To be frank, I don't think we are going to win next week, but I hope they play okay and hard

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    To be frank, I don't think we are going to win next week, but I hope they play okay and hard
    An optimist. How refreshing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    1. Establish the run. Can't have Sanchez drop back 30+ times against the Steelers' blitzing defense. Greene needs to pick his ****ing game up and help control the T.O.P.

2. Blitz the **** out of Roethlisberger. DO NOT give him time in the pocket as he WILL find someone open in the middle of the field. Contain, contain, contain. Do not overpursue. If you get a hand on Roethlisberger, you HAVE to bring him down.

3. NO missed tackles, pretty self-explanatory.

4. Limit turnovers. Play SMART football.

5. ???

6. PROFIT!!!
    LOL

Gotta go to work, work all day...

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    An optimist. How refreshing.
    I'm being a realist, but their are several factors that could determine the game.

1. Rashard Mendenhall playing. He scorched us in the AFC Championship game.

2. The outcome of this game tonight. Do not want to face a pissed off Pittsburgh team

3. Status of the injured o-linemen for Pittsburgh.

4. And of course the health of Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Tough to beat the Steelers with ground and pound. Blitz pickups will be crucial. If Mark has time to throw it good things can happen. Hopefully Keller is 100 percent, we'll need him over the middle.
    Did you watch today's game? We're really not that much of a ground and pound team, and we clearly have an aerial assault now. I think this whole ground and pound talk from Rex is just a smokescreen. I mean, we're not even really built like a running team.

The 2012 Jets are not ground and pound; we're sky and fly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm being a realist, but their are several factors that could determine the game.

1. Rashard Mendenhall playing. He scorched us in the AFC Championship game.

2. The outcome of this game tonight. Do not want to face a pissed off Pittsburgh team

3. Status of the injured o-linemen for Pittsburgh.

4. And of course the health of Revis.
    LOL