Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Stephen Hill doesnt play like a "freakishly athletic developmental player"

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Stephen Hill doesnt play like a "freakishly athletic developmental player"

    He plays like a veteran out there and just needs to work on his drops.

    He uses his body amazingly. Throughout the preseason and today, he has used his body to post up his defender on a deep route THREE times! Basically, he burns the corner and coasts and catches the ball facing the QB and the corner to his back.

    Cant imagine how dangerous he is going to be when he goes on a true go route.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY State of Mind View Post
    He plays like a veteran out there and just needs to work on his drops.

    He uses his body amazingly. Throughout the preseason and today, he has used his body to post up his defender on a deep route THREE times! Basically, he burns the corner and coasts and catches the ball facing the QB and the corner to his back.

    Cant imagine how dangerous he is going to be when he goes on a true go route.
    He's far ahead of where you'd think he'd be. As I said in another thread, he'll frustrate us sometimes because he's still raw, but that's to be expected.

    Sanjay Lal is a really good WRs coach, so I'm sure he has a lot to do with his development.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was absolutely SHOCKED when I saw Hill catch and manipulate his body for a TD, I think this kid has the potential to be special

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    He plays with fire and he plays like HE WANTS IT. He looks like a winner.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really liked seeing him get physical with that Bills CB today. Looked like he was angry and ready to rough someone up.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's just what our offense needed (besides a new RT of course) - a blazing fast, physical receiver who can stretch the field. Looks like him and Sanchez already have some good chemistry. Really happy with this kid

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ecstatic with our second rounder. Two TDs in his first game, and he's not even good yet. (I mean he's nowhere near where he'll be with some more experience)

    He's helping me get over Braylon. </3

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,547
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm telling you. GT has been hanging around their basketball gym picking up the castoffs and putting them in at WR. Where do you think he learned those post up moves?

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He's just what our offense needed (besides a new RT of course) - a blazing fast, physical receiver who can stretch the field. Looks like him and Sanchez already have some good chemistry. Really happy with this kid
    Schilens can do it, too. It'd be nice to have both of them on the outside for some plays.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    5,204
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hes going to frustrate us with drops, but he has the ability to be good and take the top off a defense.

    I like how physical he is, in press coverage he was able to just push the CB off of him and get open. Hes big, hes lanky, and hes fast. Hes got special athletic ability, hopefully he can live up to it.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    this guy is going to be a Randy Moss type player!!!!!!!!...yea I said it!!!

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    this guy is going to be a Randy Moss type player!!!!!!!!...yea I said it!!!

  13. #13
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs to learn to stop needlessly catching balls with his body.....and work on being able to snatch balls out of the air with his hands.

    That said, he absolutely looked great today and his route running and ability to get off the line in press, far exceeded anything I expected to see from him this early in the season.

    He'll be valuable to us no matter what this season....but if Lal can improve his hands/technique.....we landed something very very special.

  14. #14
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will always remember how he acted after being picked in the draft. Sheer joy at being a Jet. The kid loves to play, works hard and seems like he loves this team. We needed him and I'm really happy he's here. Let's see more of this now...

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    You watch!!!

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,566
    Post Thanks / Like
    did not expect this from him this quickly.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Thornwood, NY
    Posts
    5,595
    Post Thanks / Like
    So...I'm going to say it.

    Props to Mike T who took some serious heat on this board the past few months. Now we all agree (as of this point) that both of his first two picks and probably his first three, look like solid contributors if not possibly more.

    Someone mentioned Schillens. Did he even get a look yesterday?

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,823
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    So...I'm going to say it.

    Props to Mike T who took some serious heat on this board the past few months. Now we all agree (as of this point) that both of his first two picks and probably his first three, look like solid contributors if not possibly more.

    Someone mentioned Schillens. Did he even get a look yesterday?
    Yea, he had a catch for a 1st down. Don't think he got anything else.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us