Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the reason for the offensive explosion?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the reason for the offensive explosion?

Sparano and no shotty?
    No Wayne hunter?
    More matured Sanchez?
    Faster receivers?
    Buffalo defense?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    O line
    Sanchez stepped it up
    No Schotty

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Sparano and no shotty?
    No Wayne hunter?
    More matured Sanchez?
    Faster receivers?
    Buffalo defense?
    All of the above

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Sparano and no shotty?
    No Wayne hunter?
    More matured Sanchez?
    Faster receivers?
    Buffalo defense?
    When the line does a good job of blocking, the receivers have time to separate from defenders.

When the OL struggles, Sanchize has to force it into tighter space than his accuracy really allows.

Today, Samchize hit the TE coming over the middle for a decent gain. On the replay, I noticed the pass was a little behind the TE. Since the OL did a good job, their was plenty of space for the throw. No problem.

If Sanchize had to throw it 2 steps earlier, anything behind the TE would have been a serious problem.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony's offensive philosophy. Unfortunately people don't pay attention when he explains what it is. He IS NOT ground and pound. He's CHUNK plays. That's where the "explosive" plays are coming from.

Plus the OLine gave Mark a great pocket.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two things I noticed today regarding the No-Schotty/Tony Sparano influence.

1.) Coaching. Actual coaching. Mark throws the INT, comes off the field, and who's sitting next to him on the bench but our OC. No pouting, no body language to be overanalyzed, just a coach and his player. I don't know if I ever saw Schottenheimer do that.

2.) Spreading the offense out. Everyone caught the ball today. The gameplan didn't call for the same lifeless routes being called repeatedly against the same coverages. Sanchez made his plays, everyone caught their share, and they put half a triple-digit on the board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    When the line does a good job of blocking, the receivers have time to separate from defenders.

When the OL struggles, Sanchize has to force it into tighter space than his accuracy really allows.

Today, Samchize hit the TE coming over the middle for a decent gain. On the replay, I noticed the pass was a little behind the TE. Since the OL did a good job, their was plenty of space for the throw. No problem.

If Sanchize had to throw it 2 steps earlier, anything behind the TE would have been a serious problem.
    He's had time before. No one ever got any separation. That's because the routes didn't compliment each other well, and the receivers had no freedom based on how they were being covered. Every play we ran today had someone coming open, and Mark could anticipate it before it happened. That's all on Shotty. Not to mention the time Sanchez had to read the defense pre snap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't life so much better once you remove all the Schitty-ness?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He's had time before. No one ever got any separation. That's because the routes didn't compliment each other well, and the receivers had no freedom based on how they were being covered. Every play we ran today had someone coming open, and Mark could anticipate it before it happened. That's all on Shotty. Not to mention the time Sanchez had to read the defense pre snap.
    Exactly. How many times have you heard someone complain about our routes? I did it routinely. Too many times did I see WRs bumping into each other, in the same area, or running the exact same routes across the field. That guy was pathetic and eventually the players lost faith.

Tony is chunk plays baby! Seriously, how often did you see us attack the safeties 10-15 yards down the middle of the field with Schitty? He never did that. Everything was with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Eventually that's going to turn into INTs by linemen and pick 6s. Schitty is a moron. Tony is not a moron. Addition by subtraction. Tony gets it. Schitty did not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Exactly. How many times have you heard someone complain about our routes? I did it routinely.
    LMAO. I didn't do this on purpose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez does look like he's improved his mechanics, and is more in control, but I think a lot of that has to do with having more obvious keys. Just think, this is their 1st game in a new offense.

I'll also say that Hill looks like a beast. He cannot be jammed off the line, and he cannot be given a free release with that speed. He's going to have to be doubled. That's just going to open it up for Santonio, and Kerley. This could be quite a year.

Welcome to the big top.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez does look like he's improved his mechanics, and is more in control, but I think a lot of that has to do with having more obvious keys. Just think, this is their 1st game in a new offense.

I'll also say that Hill looks like a beast. He cannot be jammed off the line, and he cannot be given a free release with that speed. He's going to have to be doubled. That's just going to open it up for Santonio, and Kerley. This could be quite a year.

Welcome to the big top.
    Give credit to our defense for that. That kid has been getting baptized by fire going against Cro and Revis everyday in practice. They taught him well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Exactly. How many times have you heard someone complain about our routes? I did it routinely. Too many times did I see WRs bumping into each other, in the same area, or running the exact same routes across the field. That guy was pathetic and eventually the players lost faith.

Tony is chunk plays baby! Seriously, how often did you see us attack the safeties 10-15 yards down the middle of the field with Schitty? He never did that. Everything was with 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Eventually that's going to turn into INTs by linemen and pick 6s. Schitty is a moron. Tony is not a moron. Addition by subtraction. Tony gets it. Schitty did not.
    Shotty's not an idiot. His problem is he thinks he's a genius. Read my sig. He would call each individual route in a play on the fly trying to keep from being predictable I guess. It had the effect of confusing Sanchez, and the receivers, while also leading to as you say having routes drawing other dbs in instead of clearing them out, and Sanchez worrying about other dbs jumping off their man. That's why he stared down his receivers imo. Sporano doesn't have to be a genius. He running a well proven offensive system which he has learned well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He would call each individual route in a play on the fly trying to keep from being predictable I guess.
    This is fascinating - do explain. Do you mean every receiver and rb had specific responsibilities that changed on the fly, even in a familiar base playcall?

If so, that's just crazy. These are football players not Gary Kasparaov.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Coaching - No Shotty
    2. Younger WRs - Fast, physical, and are all playing hard throughout the game.
    3. Sanchez had confidence - I think the fans booing Tebow really got him into the game. Odd as it may sound he had to have felt good about it.
    4. Everyone was healthy.
    5. Faster pace O made it harder for the DC to adjust.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez played really well, the WRs got open, and the o-line pass protected especially well.

That and the Bills D was very bad. They were clearly unprepared for the passing attack we unleashed and even had they been ready for it, they lack the personnel in the secondary to stop it. This won't be the last time they get lit up this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Our receivers were actually wide open, consistently, when was the last time we've seen that? Amazing what happens when you don't run a phone booth offense, i.e. everyone running 5 yard routes. Good ****ing riddance to Schottenheimer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The O was coached up. Makes a big difference. Attacking the weakness of the other team also helps

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Our receivers were actually wide open, consistently, when was the last time we've seen that? Amazing what happens when you don't run a phone booth offense, i.e. everyone running 5 yard routes. Good ****ing riddance to Schottenheimer.
    What week did we play the Chiefs? Late last season.

Great job today, but it's one week. Don't forget how inconsistent our O was last season, we had some strong weeks sandwiched around really terrible ones.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting rid of Schottenheimer > Better, simpler offensive scheme [Thanks Sparano!] > Sanchez increased confidence