Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the reason for the offensive explosion?

Sanchez played tremendous. I've killed him on this board but he was great today. WRs were wide open all over the field. Great gameplan by Sparano...makes you think the Jets really were playing possum in the preseason.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    This is fascinating - do explain. Do you mean every receiver and rb had specific responsibilities that changed on the fly, even in a familiar base playcall?

If so, that's just crazy. These are football players not Gary Kasparaov.
    It was in an interview with McElroy. He was explaining what they meant by the verbiage in Shotty's offense. He said that they would have to tell each individual receiver what route they were running. That's what took so long in the huddle. Look at my sig. He said their could be up to 6 or 7 different calls in the huddle.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Sanchez played tremendous. I've killed him on this board but he was great today. WRs were wide open all over the field. Great gameplan by Sparano...makes you think the Jets really were playing possum in the preseason.

We were playing possum just like everyone else. We were not running routes that were designed to be complimentary. For instance you run Hill on a go route and then run Keller on a post into the middle. Either the safety shades towards the wideout, stays in the deep middle or shades up. Then you have Santonio cross underneath Kellers route. One of these guys should be open, and the keys should be pretty easy to read, leading to Sanchez being able to look off the defenders, and get the ball out quickly. There are also options depending on the coverage, and this is just one example, but these principals have been proven to work. Shotty was just too smart to follow them, and had to reinvent the wheel instead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    This is fascinating - do explain. Do you mean every receiver and rb had specific responsibilities that changed on the fly, even in a familiar base playcall?

If so, that's just crazy. These are football players not Gary Kasparaov.
    Yes that is EXACTLY what he is saying!!!!

Amazing isn't it, yes Shotty was that insane!!!

O line O line O line. For all the doom and gloom prior to today they aren't getting the credit they deserve here for playing 180 degrees opposite of what we all expected. Mark actually had time to throw the ball. And it wasn't because the Buffelblows D line sucked, they don't, we just outplayed them!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

It was easy to complain about the results of his plays but I had no idea that this was a big part of the 'why'. No wonder the receivers looked so cautious at times, playing so tight. This is like giving little kids complicated rules to follow - they soon lose enthusiasm for the game - not to mention that it makes it more difficult for a squad to play as a team.

Denver had so much run success with their zone-blocking scheme because it is simple for players to comprehend and apply themselves too. Scotty's 'system' is the ultimate c@ck-block - thank god he's moved on!!

In a nutshell, no longer playing offense inside an imaginary 10 yard box........Putting pressure on the defense essentially

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    O line O line O line. For all the doom and gloom prior to today they aren't getting the credit they deserve here for playing 180 degrees opposite of what we all expected. Mark actually had time to throw the ball. And it wasn't because the Buffelblows D line sucked, they don't, we just outplayed them!
    Seriously - that D line is for real. The only caveat would be that I don't think they blitzed us much today. If our blitz pickup performs well next week, I'll truly be elated.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post

Definitely insane. Good god, wtf?!? Has this dude never played madden? You don't even have time to do this there (like assigning hot routes for everyone), how can you possibly think this is a good idea in real life?

Jets Insider VIP
    1. The seemingly new and improved Mark Sanchez

2. Austin Howard replacing that f*cking mook of a turnstyle Wayne Hunter

3. Stephen Hill looking like he's ready to make an impact from day 1

4. Sparano actually mixing it up and playing to this offenses strengths

With all due respect gents......Schotty used to gameplan incredibly well against the Bills to. We tore them new *******s over the last two years.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Two things I noticed today regarding the No-Schotty/Tony Sparano influence.

1.) Coaching. Actual coaching. Mark throws the INT, comes off the field, and who's sitting next to him on the bench but our OC. No pouting, no body language to be overanalyzed, just a coach and his player. I don't know if I ever saw Schottenheimer do that.
    Yes, that was quite a bizarre thing to see. I didn't know what to make of it, and didn't know something like that was possible on a team.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 09-10-2012 at 01:30 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Sparano and no shotty?
    No Wayne hunter?
    More matured Sanchez?
    Faster receivers?
    Buffalo defense?
    easy it is buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    easy it is buffalo
    Unless itís Tebow doing it. Then it's all him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Unless itís Tebow doing it. Then it's all him.
    never said anything about him it is not about tebow......i am talking jets thanks

It takes a man to set his feet in the pocket in the NFL. Last year was Sanchez's NFL Bar Mitzvah.

never said anything about him it is not about tebow......i am talking jets thanks
    Actually, you didn't say anything about the Jets. Try and give the guys some credit once in awhile.

All Pro
    Actually, you didn't say anything about the Jets. Try and give the guys some credit once in awhile.
    i did i said it was the bills he beat.......congrats on beating buffalo who will prob have one of the top 5 worst defenses in the league this year......

i did i said it was the bills he beat.......congrats on beating buffalo who will prob have one of the top 5 worst defenses in the league this year......
    Don't be salty, renegade.

All Pro
    Don't be salty, renegade.
    lol not it was a good win