Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the reason for the offensive explosion?

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    lol not it was a good win
    I see it more as a message than a win. A short message to the rest of the league and the media: screw you.

31 other teams need to prepare their collective anus for the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    O line
    Sanchez stepped it up
    No Schotty
    Agreed. Mark looked like he did game one 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    He's had time before. No one ever got any separation. That's because the routes didn't compliment each other well, and the receivers had no freedom based on how they were being covered. Every play we ran today had someone coming open, and Mark could anticipate it before it happened. That's all on Shotty. Not to mention the time Sanchez had to read the defense pre snap.
    You're so wrong. Watch the TD to Kerley bro. Kerley was covered he broke separation extremely late. We're playing match ups and having later breaks than usual but Sanchez's throws were on THE MONEY. There wasn't separation on Kerley's TD pass until the last .8 seconds and you can't even make a better throw than what Sanchez thru on Kerley's TD. Both Hill TD's weren't something we've never seen before. I would atttribute this to going downfield A LOT more ... Sanchez averaged a career high 9.8 yards per completion, pass blocking, Sanchez making the proper reads and throws, and receivers making plays. Not every call was great but when you pass block well, constantly attack downfield, your QB is making solid throws and your receivers are making plays like both Hill's TD's, Kerley's TD, and hell even Santonio's almost TD. Its a combination of that as well. The play calling didn't have the Bills off balance too much and 2 QB system was a complete fail for the most part but attacking downfield while our players made plays nullified all that.
    Last edited by LadainianIMnotDONE; 09-10-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    This is fascinating - do explain. Do you mean every receiver and rb had specific responsibilities that changed on the fly, even in a familiar base playcall?

If so, that's just crazy. These are football players not Gary Kasparaov.

A lot of team do that, it is a read option. The pats run that offense. A receiver runs a route and it changes based on the coverage or if it is a hot read. It requires both the qb and the receiver to read the same coverage

Practice Squad
    Shotty's not an idiot. His problem is he thinks he's a genius. Read my sig. He would call each individual route in a play on the fly trying to keep from being predictable I guess. It had the effect of confusing Sanchez, and the receivers, while also leading to as you say having routes drawing other dbs in instead of clearing them out, and Sanchez worrying about other dbs jumping off their man. That's why he stared down his receivers imo. Sporano doesn't have to be a genius. He running a well proven offensive system which he has learned well.
    +1, Schotty was trying to be the next Bill Walsh i.e. invent the next great offense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    31 other teams need to prepare their collective anus for the Jets.
    Thanks for that pre breakfast visual.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Sparano and no shotty?
    No Wayne hunter?
    More matured Sanchez?
    Faster receivers?
    Buffalo defense?
    all of the above.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    You're so wrong. Watch the TD to Kerley bro. Kerley was covered he broke separation extremely late. We're playing match ups and having later breaks than usual but Sanchez's throws were on THE MONEY. There wasn't separation on Kerley's TD pass until the last .8 seconds and you can't even make a better throw than what Sanchez thru on Kerley's TD. Both Hill TD's weren't something we've never seen before. I would atttribute this to going downfield A LOT more ... Sanchez averaged a career high 9.8 yards per completion, pass blocking, Sanchez making the proper reads and throws, and receivers making plays. Not every call was great but when you pass block well, constantly attack downfield, your QB is making solid throws and your receivers are making plays like both Hill's TD's, Kerley's TD, and hell even Santonio's almost TD. Its a combination of that as well. The play calling didn't have the Bills off balance too much and 2 QB system was a complete fail for the most part but attacking downfield while our players made plays nullified all that.
    I disagree. The Kerley TD was a designed change of speed play. Run to the front of the EZ, sit, then time the break with the QB. Lull the DB to sleep, then break. It's a system designed to beat man coverage. Unlike Shotty that ran a monotone pass system, this system relies on stunts, different speed routes etc. Remember the ball that went over Santonio's head? That was a similar play. Holmes ran soft then turned on the jets (npi) late. so he totally beat his man. Sanchez just misread Santonio's break on that play.

It's a classic offensive system designed to create mismatches! Isolate your receiver one on one and use a variety of techniques to create opportunities. It actually is a Parcells philosophy and is used by many teams throughout the league. It takes pressure of the QB because not every play is a complex combo--route which requires the QB to make hard reads. So, it gives the QB five to eight easy reads a day with high percentages for success.
    Last edited by positive; 09-10-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    A lot of team do that, it is a read option. The pats run that offense. A receiver runs a route and it changes based on the coverage or if it is a hot read. It requires both the qb and the receiver to read the same coverage
    You know little about Schotty. Schotty required the QB to make adjustments in the routes before the snap. The receivers had very little option to change the routes once the play began. Schotty required the QB to make a thousand guesses. The giants run a read option offense, very different from Schotty's.

The O-line gave Mark time to throw all game long. No pressures or sacks. That was a huge difference from last season.

Mark's passes have more zip and his decision making is quicker. He's gotten noticeably better.

Our receivers are all healthy. Kerley is playing like he did last year. Hill is a fantastic addition to the group. Cumberland is back from last year's IR.

Run blocking / running game still needs improvement. Greene is JAG. Nothing special there. But we'll have to just try to get the most out of him all year. I think the Jets will be a passing first team this season with Green there to close out games.

All League
    the bills turnovers helped too, gave us better opportunities.

All League
    “We needed a day like this,” tight end Dustin Keller said. “Our offense needed a good game. Most of the guys on offense knew we were good, but for the few guys on the team who weren’t sure, this reassured them. I guess you could say this was a statement. Guys in this locker room knew we were capable of this, but this shows how explosive we can be.”

Does this stand out to anyone but me?

Across the NFL?

I haven't seen any stats but penalties seem to be down..The replacement refs aren't calling as many penalties especially offensive holding..JMO

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    So how am I wrong? Last year he would have either stared down the receiver, or thrown it late because he'd have to make sure there wasn't another defender that could jump off his man. Now he looks like he knows were everyone is, including the defenders so he can look off the coverage, even pump fake, and throw with more confidence. Throwing deep is part of the complimentary routes that I was talking about. Everyone can't go deep. They have to have receivers in levels, and the timing also has to be right where one receiver comes into an area just vacated by another. If they bite up then you hit the man coverage over the top which is what happened on that play.

Pat Kirwan ‏@PatKirwanCBS
    Replacement officials like PI calls 25 in 14 games which should go closer to 30 by tonight. more than wk1 in 2010/11 combined.

Shotty's not an idiot. His problem is he thinks he's a genius. Read my sig. He would call each individual route in a play on the fly trying to keep from being predictable I guess. It had the effect of confusing Sanchez, and the receivers, while also leading to as you say having routes drawing other dbs in instead of clearing them out, and Sanchez worrying about other dbs jumping off their man. That's why he stared down his receivers imo. Sporano doesn't have to be a genius. He running a well proven offensive system which he has learned well.
    Schotty's an idiot.

We were playing possum just like everyone else. We were not running routes that were designed to be complimentary. For instance you run Hill on a go route and then run Keller on a post into the middle. Either the safety shades towards the wideout, stays in the deep middle or shades up. Then you have Santonio cross underneath Kellers route. One of these guys should be open, and the keys should be pretty easy to read, leading to Sanchez being able to look off the defenders, and get the ball out quickly. There are also options depending on the coverage, and this is just one example, but these principals have been proven to work. Shotty was just too smart to follow them, and had to reinvent the wheel instead.
    +1. I feel you bro

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    With all due respect gents......Schotty used to gameplan incredibly well against the Bills to. We tore them new *******s over the last two years.
    Oct 2009

Schotty calls for a rookie Sanchez to throw 29 times for 5 INTs.

Leon Washington and Thomas Jones had 300 yards rushing between the two of them.

We didn't have to throw the ball at all. Good gameplan for your rookie QB

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Oct 2009

Schotty calls for a rookie Sanchez to throw 29 times for 5 INTs.

Leon Washington and Thomas Jones had 300 yards rushing between the two of them.

We didn't have to throw the ball at all. Good gameplan for your rookie QB
    That was a painful game to watch, reminds me of the Seattle game in the snow where Favre was throwing it all over the field

All League
    The offensive line blocked and the guy calling the plays isn't a d*ckhead.