Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Sanchez Reduces Tebow To A Prop"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    he's more successful when he scrambles on broken pass pro plays IMO
    100% ....LMAO at some people here acting like they expected him to "break one" or something. I mean the comparison's to Brad Smith were a joke from the start. Brad was returing kick off's at an elite level at one point. Also Brad would come off a reverse and once he had the slightest edge he'd burn safeties and corners. Tebow's not in Brad's league with explosiveness. We're lucky if Tebow gets 5 to 6 yards on these runs. Sanchez's arm is a bigger threat every single time out and also if he's attacking downfield its a lot easier for our RB's to get some yards running. Putting Tebow in the game is a lot easier for a team to defend. They say "we dare you to throw it" ... and I'm not sure we want Tebow to throw it lol. The whole Tebow experiment although early is a complete fail if Sanchez is balling. Against Pitt next week I doubt we see Tim unless its 2nd and 2-3 ... or something.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow was acquired for a 4th round pick....same as brad smith. If his name was Tim Plebow and did what he did yesterday, he wouldn't have been mentioned.

Despite the medias nonsense, the fact remains that he was not brought in here to compete at QB or to radically change the offense. He was brought in to be Brad Smith part deux. Sometimes he'll be a decoy, sometimes he'll be more active and sometimes he won't play at all.

His play yesterday should be evaluated like bilal powell's was.....as one of many role players. I have no problem with him being a prop this week. Next week he may not be. Or maybe he will. If we win, I don't give a ****.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Don't see how he had any impact since he and Sanchez were only on the field a few timed. Our performance had to do with playcalling, the OLine giving Mark time to throw, and Mark standing tall and stepping up.

What exactly did Tebow’s offense do?
    What dont you understand about the Tebow factor costing the Bills preparation time during practice ???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Tebow was acquired for a 4th round pick....same as brad smith. If his name was Tim Plebow and did what he did yesterday, he wouldn't have been mentioned.

Despite the medias nonsense, the fact remains that he was not brought in here to compete at QB or to radically change the offense. He was brought in to be Brad Smith part deux. Sometimes he'll be a decoy, sometimes he'll be more active and sometimes he won't play at all.

His play yesterday should be evaluated like bilal powell's was.....as one of many role players. I have no problem with him being a prop this week. Next week he may not be. Or maybe he will. If we win, I don't give a ****.
    +10000000000000000

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    100% ....LMAO at some people here acting like they expected him to "break one" or something. I mean the comparison's to Brad Smith were a joke from the start. Brad was returing kick off's at an elite level at one point. Also Brad would come off a reverse and once he had the slightest edge he'd burn safeties and corners. Tebow's not in Brad's league with explosiveness. We're lucky if Tebow gets 5 to 6 yards on these runs. Sanchez's arm is a bigger threat every single time out and also if he's attacking downfield its a lot easier for our RB's to get some yards running. Putting Tebow in the game is a lot easier for a team to defend. They say "we dare you to throw it" ... and I'm not sure we want Tebow to throw it lol. The whole Tebow experiment although early is a complete fail if Sanchez is balling. Against Pitt next week I doubt we see Tim unless its 2nd and 2-3 ... or something.
    Tebow rarely runs for zero or negative yards. This board is becoming a horrid joke.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I was at the game and have to watch rewind to really back this up, but it seems to me the times when they were on the field together, 1st play of game for example, the buffelblows D had no idea what was coming. Therefore were off balance and that's his value. He didn't seem to do squat with Sanchez off the field, but again, that wasn't what I was referring to.
    +10

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    I agree with easing off the punchlines on Tebow a bit. He may not have been needed today, but I can guarantee he'll win us a game with some harebrained play later this season when the regular offense is in the doldrums. And I saw no evidence that his plays were momentum killers.

Demosthenes, excellent point about the "extra timeout", I never thought about that...you could be on to something.
    Best post in this dreary thread.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post

This is all that really needs to be said.