Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't wait to hear what Fatcessa has to say tomorrow...

Can't wait to hear what Fatcessa has to say tomorrow...

He'll probably talk Serena Williams and baseball all day. The fat douchebag never turns down an opportunity to rip the Jets, but I'm sure tomorrow he will find a way to either ignore or "Sar" our win.

Why even give him the ratings? Just don't tune in.....you realize he does his Jets shtick as a ratings act, right?

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

I don't get it.

It seems like a lot of you guys hate this douche with a passion, yet you tune in and listen to his show everyday.

I assume the Bills, whom the media is calling a new and improved team that is going to be the new challengers for the east, will be spun into a dreadful team that didn't really do anything to improve and therefore wasn't a real win for us.

Either way, we'll be made to look like trash. Jets hate will continue.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

I don't get it.

It seems like a lot of you guys hate this douche with a passion, yet you tune in and listen to his show everyday.
    This. Thank god I can't even listen if I wanted to.

This post was edited by VICTORY MONDAY!

"Keeping You Troll Free on Victory Monday"
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 09-10-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Why even give him the ratings? Just don't tune in.....you realize he does his Jets shtick as a ratings act, right?
    Yes but I think it's more than just that...it's personal for him.

He claims the Jets owner tried to hurt him professionally by disallowing Jets players to appear on his show in order to help the rival ESPN radio program ratings. Of course ESPN carries the Jets. Francessa HATES the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    He'll probably talk Serena Williams and baseball all day. The fat douchebag never turns down an opportunity to rip the Jets, but I'm sure tomorrow he will find a way to either ignore or "Sar" our win.
    he will point out every little thing we did wrong, and basically say it was all Fitz fault. wont give Revis credit for the pick or say how he should have scored after. yadda yadda yadda. im surprised jets fans even listen to him anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

I don't get it.

Exactly, and they wonder why Francessa does what he does. His job is to get listeners to his station, when you have people who hate you and they still listen to you, then you are doing your job.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I assume the Bills, whom the media is calling a new and improved team that is going to be the new challengers for the east, will be spun into a dreadful team that didn't really do anything to improve and therefore wasn't a real win for us.

Either way, we'll be made to look like trash. Jets hate will continue.
    exactly. But, he will pretend to be complimentary by first giving false props to the Jets and then, for the rest of his show, he will protray the Bills as one of the dregs of the NFL, a team no better than a high school squad and, of course, that this win was meaningless in the larger scheme of things.

All League
    The guy is a smart businessman. That's why he is THE sports talk radio guy in the USA. He does everything he does for ratings, it is all very well thought out and very well calculated. People who take him seriously and get all bent out of shape don't understand how business works. The media business model is get listeners/viewers/readers and get the ratings. Whoever gets the ratings gets the advertising dollars. Whoever gets the advertising dollars gets paid.

The man is a genius.

His opinions don't jive with Jets/Mets fans, but he's a smart businessman.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    he will point out every little thing we did wrong, and basically say it was all Fitz fault. wont give Revis credit for the pick or say how he should have scored after. yadda yadda yadda. im surprised jets fans even listen to him anymore.
    Since Mad Dog left the show is as dull and boring as Richar Neer but at least Neer seems to be a nice guy-something never attribute to the fat guy.

Mad Dog, on the other hand is a gentleman and his show is enjoyable when he's not harping on tennis.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He is gonna say it was one game, against the Bills.

Trust me I don't listen to Fatcessa, I just read his comments.

The truth is, it is only one game and everyone needs to realize that. I'm happy with the way the Jets played and feel a lot better about this team right now but we got a long way to go. Who cares what fatboy says let's beat the Steelers, they looked old and slow yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Exactly. Doesn't matter though, this is the shtick.

Step 1: Make strong opinion that make people think "I cant believe him. I am so angry he would say that, what a fool"

Step 2: If Right- Gloat making listeners angrier who keep listening because they cant "believe how dumb he is"

If Wrong- The angry people listen so he can get his comeuppance and admit he was wrong and apologize for the wrong opinion. But this never happens. Instead he will either pretend he didnt really say it or that the facts are "one example" in a "long season." This angers the listeners who keep listening because they cant "believe how dumb he is"

Bottom line is this: You should not derive your self worth from what someone in the media says about a football team that you root for.

Why would a Jet fan want acknowledgement of a Jets win from francessa?

Most of us know football as well or better than he does.

I could care what Francessa or any other talking head says.

Enjoy the win they are hard to come by.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"I'm sure the Jets fans are printing up their playoff tickets and booking hotel rooms in New Orleans."

--Mike Francesa

SAR I

Man this guy ****ing hates the Jets LOL. He's being soooo careful with every word willing himself to just stay as neutral and objective as possible.

He's funny.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"And this idea of they-told-you-so, you know the media wasn't the ones who didn't score in the preseason so what did you expect? They beat up on a not-very-good Bills team who played poorly."

--Mike Francesa

SAR I