Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Hell hath no fury like an angry, disrespected Jet team

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell hath no fury like an angry, disrespected Jet team

I'll keep this relatively short. The NFL keeps a competitive balance. Some team's revolve around elite QB's. Some rely on athletic ability. Others revolve around game managers and quality defense. The Jets clearly fall into the latter. What is missed and/or ignored is the emotion involved in a league with similar talent. The Jets have always, and continue to, thrive when they are written off and disrespected. The clown depiction in the NY Post was the final straw. Bart Scott, and the NY Jets, are angry and pissed off. One need only look at Scott's correspondence or lack thereof with the media this week. Bart may not be the best player on the squad, but he is the heart and soul. We are going to see that angry team that beat the Cheatriots in Foxboro in the divisional playoff game... ALL. YEAR. LONG. The Jets have their best and deepest defensive line since the '81 Sack Exchange. Notice I said "since." They are not as good but, collectively, will wreak havoc on opposing QB's. If the offense provides an average performance, and I believe they can, the NFL should and will take notice.

That said, the Jets could play a really good game in Pittsburgh and still lose. IMO, it won't matter. The Jets are going to be a force to be reckoned with...
    Last edited by RoadFan; 09-10-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Problem is, we can't play the media card and keep winning all year. With enough wins, the media will turn into the sickening love fest it was before the '10 and '11 seasons.

Rex never has a problem getting his team fired up for the first game of the year. It's consistency of motivation over the long haul of the season that will be the challenging part.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Problem is, we can't play the media card and keep winning all year. With enough wins, the media will turn into the sickening love fest it was before the '10 and '11 seasons.

Rex never has a problem getting his team fired up for the first game of the year. It's consistency of motivation over the long haul of the season that will be the challenging part.
    the point is, as bart says, they're not buying in... good or bad.

the media crossed a line. the team was hurt - from bottom to top - including woody. they felt an injustice. an object of scorn thru mockery.

as bart says, the media can't be trusted...at some point they're going to back stab u.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As happy as I was today, it's only one game. That being said, the team seems MUCH more focused than it was last year.

The team is going to get better. REX IS PISSED.

And so is Sanchez for that matter. He looks more......mature.

He looks like a winner. Like he's going to take what's his.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post

I understand what you're saying. They won't maintain it for all 16 games. That is impossible. However, if we get the angry Jet team for 11 or 12 games, it will be enough for a playoff birth. I guarantee it. And when you have the #1 defense, the team can make some noise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I understand what you're saying. They won't maintain it for all 16 games. That is impossible. However, if we get the angry Jet team for 11 or 12 games, it will be enough for a playoff birth. I guarantee it. And when you have the #1 defense, the team can make some noise.
    They're not just pissed at the media.

They're pissed at themselves.

They're pissed at New England and Tom Brady.

They're pissed off because they wasted a year last year acting like little girls.

They have a lot to prove to themselves.

And it was a good start.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    They're not just pissed at the media.

They're pissed at themselves.

They're pissed at New England and Tom Brady.

They're pissed off because they wasted a year last year acting like little girls.

They have a lot to prove to themselves.

And it was a good start.
    You know what's funny? Sanchez almost had 4 TDs in a single game.

Thank your quarterback, kids.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You know what's funny? Sanchez almost had 4 TDs in a single game.

Thank your quarterback, kids.
    Holmes doesn't put his hand down, and we go over 50.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Holmes doesn't put his hand down, and we go over 50.

Fun fact: After week 1, we lead the league in points.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the team and staff needed a good kick in the
    ass, and to some degree still does, my posts
    are always designed with that intent, this team
    has still has a problem with Sprano, and the
    only way to change it will be to kick his ass
    and this happens to be the best forum to do that.