J. Kerley	4	45	11.3	1	21	4
    J. Cumberland	3	33	11.0	0	13	4
    B. Powell	1	16	16.0	0	16	1
    C. Schilens	1	8	8.0	0	8	1
    D. Keller	1	7	7.0	0	7	1

5 recievers with double digit Avg/YPC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez drops back. Looks to Tone. Looks to Kerley. Launches a bomb to Hill in single coverage for a 55 yard TD.

Wait, who am I kidding?........We'll be in the red zone too much for that to happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres my favorite stat

TEBOW 0 for 0 , O Yds

Perfect! Non-factor

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Heres my favorite stat

TEBOW 0 for 0 , O Yds

Perfect! Non-factor
    Now, now, no need for that. Demos is just sharing some receiver stats.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also really enjoy the "LG"column stats. Seemed like Sanchez pushed it down field more times than all of last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know this sounds a little crazy but I think Keller being hurt has helped Sanchez b.c he can't look to check it down to him. He was forced to get the ball to his WRs who to their credit were open.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was so refreshing to see a modern offense that tries to move the ball vertically as opposed to whatever the hell we were trying to do last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It was so refreshing to see a modern offense that tries to move the ball vertically as opposed to whatever the hell we were trying to do last year.
    hell yeah.

It's painful to watch an offense play so conservatively. When the defense KNOWS the QB won't throw it deep, they just sit on every short route and it's virtually impossible to move the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had more open WRs yesterday, then I saw in Schottys entire career here.

The pick play that we ran for a first down, and the drag where kerley just missed a first down, were things that every offense except schottys runs with success and regularity.

Although I wasnt very impressed with the running game, possibly in part due to the fact that dareus is a great player, out 3 WRs have the ability to be an excellent group as they each do something different.

Santonio should be licking his chops at the thought of how much single coverage he is going to see now that other teams know hill and kerley can get it done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    hell yeah.

It's painful to watch an offense play so conservatively. When the defense KNOWS the QB won't throw it deep, they just sit on every short route and it's virtually impossible to move the ball.
    Absolutely...play to marks strength. Play action, check downs. JETS looked pretty darn good yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

The pick play that we ran for a first down, and the drag where kerley just missed a first down, were things that every offense except schottys runs with success and regularity.

Although I wasnt very impressed with the running game, possibly in part due to the fact that dareus is a great player, out 3 WRs have the ability to be an excellent group as they each do something different.

Santonio should be licking his chops at the thought of how much single coverage he is going to see now that other teams know hill and kerley can get it done.
    That was an encouraging sign. One of the more frustrating things with last years offense was the lack of spacing with the WRs. Too many times last year there were multiple receivers in the same small space. I thought the spacing and route packages yesterday were great, and there always seemed to be a safety valve for Sanchez to check down to if needed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    amen, I was shocked to see that offense on the field. This will only help the defense stay fresh this season.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I know this sounds a little crazy but I think Keller being hurt has helped Sanchez b.c he can't look to check it down to him. He was forced to get the ball to his WRs who to their credit were open.
    Nah, Cumberland did what Keller did often, find space in the soft zone, sit and wait for the ball. The plays to the WR were designed there and adjustments were made based on the coverage. It's a lot easier to throw the ball when you have a guy like Hill who can adjust his body on the fly like an elite WR. (Not saying his is one, just that he has the physical tools to become one)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another encouraging stat from yesterday was:

10 for 14 on third down conversions, 21 total first downs 5 by rushing 15 by passing. 2 field goals made and only 2 punts.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Since postseason expanded to 12 teams in 1990, 181 of 264 (69%) of playoff teams opened season with a win. 83 of 264 (31%) opened with loss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc .......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1

It was so nice to see a game called with common sense.They pushed the ball deep.No stupid plays where the receivers all run 4 yard curl routes.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    I also really enjoy the "LG"column stats. Seemed like Sanchez pushed it down field more times than all of last season.

Damn, good catch. I was so taken by the fact that Holmes had a 17.0 avg, then saw 4 others with double digits that I didn't even notice the "LG" column.

Thanks for pointing that out!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was impressed that we had 7 receivers that caught a pass. You hear that about Brady, Manning and Brees all the time but I have to think this is the first time that Sanchez has ever done that.

Despite the pick, I thought this was Sanchez best game as a Jet.

P.S. Hill is a monster-to-be

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Damn, good catch. I was so taken by the fact that Holmes had a 17.0 avg, then saw 4 others with double digits that I didn't even notice the "LG" column.

Thanks for pointing that out!
    I think holmes is really going to benefit from what happned yesterday.

Hill simply cannot be played without safety help. I dont care if he doesnt know a single route, you just cant teach what he brings from a size/speed standpoint. Kerley also showed he can get open....and that was with very little from keller.

Add all that up and its going to be difficult for teams to double holmes which is a good thing for our offense