Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greatest pre-season scam of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    There is a natural food additive in Vanilla ice cream that comes from a BEAVERS ANAL GLANDS. Wish I were joking.
    . . .
    Keeping kosher never felt so good

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    I don't think anyone can doubt that Rex and the team scammed the world with their pre-season. And they "hid in the open" by saying all along "we are just playing vanilla." I'm even starting to wonder if some of the injuries and "disappointment" statements like Kerley's were exaggerated?

Has anyone ever seen a team take this approach and pull it off the way we did?
    And the best part is statements like Sanchez's post game about we haven't shown it all yet.

Yes every single season I see a team do this, and its the NE Patriots, they are always 1-3, or 0-4 in the preseason, Why? Because they are using the preseason games to judge the bottom half of their roster, and let Brady, and company get in a groove during TC practices keeping plays, and gameplans hidden until needed in the regular season.

Not to mention Belicheck, and Brady will change their whole offense week to week if they think they have to, to beat a specific team they started doing this in 2010 when they realized the whole Brady to Moss strategy had been spelled by Revis, and Cro. Belicheck realized after the week 2 defeat to the Jets in 2010 he needed to get Brady back to seeing the whole field, and the only way to do that was to remove Moss from the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    The media made it a scam.

Instead of looking at what they were trying to accomplish in the pre-season, they took it as an absolute, like the media does.

That's what all the "experts" get. Proof that they're idiots.
    +1

Many in the moronic media had the Jets between 17 - 22 in the power rankings. Depicting the Jets as a dysfunctional circus. A clueless organization that needed to get its act together.

These pundits didn't provide much depth analysis or football discussion of the team.

Instead...they mostly focused on nonsense. Like the QB competition...Sanchez vs Tebow. Even though Rex and Tanny would repeatedly state that Sanchez was the starting QB. That Tebow was only going to be the backup. And was brought here because of his overall football skills...to be utilyzed in the wildcat, and other various ways. Of course the media ignored all this anyway. ESPN came to Jets TC with the QB Contest theme at the forefront. They were going to shove their "Truth" down the throats of fans...whether they liked it or not. For them...it was only a question of when would Sanchez succomb to the pressure of Tebowmania...and hand over the job to Timmmy.

What a joke they were...and not the Jets.

And the media went on and on and on incessantly...with other "dramas". Especially in ways that slanted Rex-Tanny-Woody-Sanchez-Holmes...as poster symbols of all that is wrong with the NYJ.

And of course the SOJFs...and the weak of heart among the Jets faithful...bought into this pied piping song that the media was singing.

Then the vanilla preseason. And it was...

OMG...the QB position OMG...who's gonna play WR besides Santonio Certainly not a rookie like Hill. OMG...are the Jets gonna average more then 10 ppg...duhhhhh

Yes...it's only one game...but 48 points is a new Jets franchise record for a season opener. So the joke is on the media...again.

Like I said in that prediction thread...the Jets had a chance to win 10 games...maybe 11. Which means its was going to be another typical tough season for the NYJ...to make it to the playoffs.

Nothing is guaranteed...Jets have to fight and scrap for everything they want. And they used the entire offseason program (with 99% attendance.)...the OTAs...Cortland TC...and the preseason...to prepare themselves to get where they wanna go.

Last year...the Jets didn't lose out on the playoffs...until that last two minute drive, in the last game of the season...ended.

So I hope fans don't count these Jets out in 2012...like the clowns that call themselves pundits did.

Again...like I said in the prediction thread...Jets have enough talent to compete, It all comes down to execution.

And Sunday...they executed the Bills just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    +1

Many in the moronic media had the Jets between 17 - 22 in the power rankings. Depicting the Jets as a dysfunctional circus. A clueless organization that needed to get its act together.

These pundits didn't provide much depth analysis or football discussion of the team.

Instead...they mostly focused on nonsense. Like the QB competition...Sanchez vs Tebow. Even though Rex and Tanny would repeatedly state that Sanchez was the starting QB. That Tebow was only going to be the backup. And was brought here because of his overall football skills...to be utilyzed in the wildcat, and other various ways. Of course the media ignored all this anyway. ESPN came to Jets TC with the QB Contest theme at the forefront. They were going to shove their "Truth" down the throats of fans...whether they liked it or not. For them...it was only a question of when would Sanchez succomb to the pressure of Tebowmania...and hand over the job to Timmmy.

What a joke they were...and not the Jets.

And the media went on and on and on incessantly...with other "dramas". Especially in ways that slanted Rex-Tanny-Woody-Sanchez-Holmes...as poster symbols of all that is wrong with the NYJ.

And of course the SOJFs...and the weak of heart among the Jets faithful...bought into this pied piping song that the media was singing.

Then the vanilla preseason. And it was...

OMG...the QB position OMG...who's gonna play WR besides Santonio Certainly not a rookie like Hill. OMG...are the Jets gonna average more then 10 ppg...duhhhhh

Yes...it's only one game...but 48 points is a new Jets franchise record for a season opener. So the joke is on the media...again.

Like I said in that prediction thread...the Jets had a chance to win 10 games...maybe 11. Which means its was going to be another typical tough season for the NYJ...to make it to the playoffs.

Nothing is guaranteed...Jets have to fight and scrap for everything they want. And they used the entire offseason program (with 99% attendance.)...the OTAs...Cortland TC...and the preseason...to prepare themselves to get where they wanna go.

Last year...the Jets didn't lose out on the playoffs...until that last two minute drive, in the last game of the season...ended.

So I hope fans don't count these Jets out in 2012...like the clowns that call themselves pundits did.

Again...like I said in the prediction thread...Jets have enough talent to compete, It all comes down to execution.

And Sunday...they executed the Bills just fine.
    +1

I find it amusing that instead of our team (specifically our offense) imploding like the media and "experts" assumed and proclaimed we would, we ended up EXPLODING in all 3 areas of the game while scoring 48 points (currently most in the league) and moving the ball at will.

Feels good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    There is a natural food additive in Vanilla ice cream that comes from a BEAVERS ANAL GLANDS. Wish I were joking.
    So, everytIme I hear how 'vanilla' our offense was during preseason, I start smiling and think, "yep, we WERE sucking stinky beaver as$, but that was then and this is now." And right now is pretty impressive.
    I always thoght our vanilla ice cream was produced this way:

Just curious, but what team doesn't play vanilla all pre season. No one game plans for a pre season game, its all just match ups, here are my guys here are your guys, running base offensive and defensive, not much trickery.

The jets basically did what every team does in the preseason. No one shows anything, I wouldn't call it the jets being clever, its just being like every other team throwing out their vanilla offense.

But if I were a jets fans, Sundays game would have made me very happy, the jets looked very fluid on offense, and Sanchez looked like he was in synch with his WRs. I also think the Bills are a good team, so blowing them out, does show something. They are not a bottom rung team, like a Cleveland or Jacksonville.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Keeping kosher never felt so good
    You read my mind there

Quote Originally Posted by PETER PAT View Post
    Just curious, but what team doesn't play vanilla all pre season. No one game plans for a pre season game, its all just match ups, here are my guys here are your guys, running base offensive and defensive, not much trickery.

The jets basically did what every team does in the preseason. No one shows anything, I wouldn't call it the jets being clever, its just being like every other team throwing out their vanilla offense.
    Yeah but Rex was masterful at encouraging the media negativity. Come on, despite knowing the pre-season doesn't count was there anyone here honestly that expected that kind of coordination and skill from the O? I was really worried going into the season and based on the threads so was everyone else.
    And I do think they didn't score during PS on purpose, just to encourage the media. Maybe even hyped up some of the injuries and Rex's public disappointment with players like Kerley.

And I don't mean any of this as a negative, it was Rex as ringmaster extrodinaire!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Yeah but Rex was masterful at encouraging the media negativity. Come on, despite knowing the pre-season doesn't count was there anyone here honestly that expected that kind of coordination and skill from the O? I was really worried going into the season and based on the threads so was everyone else.
    And I do think they didn't score during PS on purpose, just to encourage the media. Maybe even hyped up some of the injuries and Rex's public disappointment with players like Kerley.

And I don't mean any of this as a negative, it was Rex as ringmaster extrodinaire!
    I think you are getting a little carried away on a flight of fancy here.

All Pro
    Best thing about our pre-season - getting rid of Hunter.