Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Week 2 - Steelers

Schluberator & Gadfly
    -we need Revis playing, their running game looked suspect to me so with Revis back we'll be able to focus on shutting down their passing game.
    -Conversely we need to run better and keep Rapelesberger on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Under this regime we have a knack for showing up for a big game, winning and then the next week laying a big fat egg (see the 2010 postseason Divisional - Conference Championship .. spare me the second half comeback vs. prevent - and if you don't like that choice there are many others). We need to not believe the hype and look at comments made by people like Skip Bayless and build off of Week 1. We own Buffalo and they were over-hyped. Beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh would be FAR more impressive.
    QFT. Let's hope it doesn't happen this week and we get the win.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    The thing that stood out to me last night was that the Steelers executed some LONG drives. The first drive of the 2nd quarter was about 8 minutes or so. I think the Broncos only got 5 possessions in the first half.

Now I do think we can stop the run better than DEN, but I recall Ben making some crazy plays on broken pockets so I'm a little nervous about him taking off running. In a way, I think I'd prefer to see Maybin in for Thomas if BT can't go just because we could use a bit more speed.

If Revis can't play, I think we are going to be really challenged but I'm not going to write off Cro and Wilson. Just sweat a lot more.

The one edge we'll have next week is their OLine is pretty banged up. Still, I vaguely recall a game years back against BUF I think where all 5 OL were backups and they stomped us flat. So I don't know how much of a difference that will make. Consider what BUF thought going into this last game knowing we had Howard at RT.

As for our offense, it's really going to be all about Sanchez. I can see Greene and co. putting up 100 yards rushing again, but not much more. But I can see us doing enough to get this win if the defense can keep things under control. Good test for this team at this point.
    Im personally not buying into Denver's defense being very good.

Yes dumervill and miller can rush the passer, but Denver gets a lot of credit for having a good defense last year, but who exactly did they shut down? The "run" they went on with tebow, beat the Vikings (awful), chicago (without forte and cutler), KC (no charles or cassel), and lost to the bills.

I think Denver has a good offense and showed that pitts can be thrown on. I also dont pitts drove on a DEF that will be in the top 10 this year.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Gonna be a tough one....at Heinz Field too.
    Hopefully we won't have to play ketchup. lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Images
    Three scary things about Pittsburgh's offense:

1) Roethlisburger extending plays so WRs get a second chance.
    2) Heath Miller.
    3) Ability to convert 3rd and long (see #1 and #2).

The Pittsburgh defense looked pedestrian last night. Denver has modest talent at the receiver spots, and Manning was connecting on nearly everything, pretty easily. Yeah, he's Peyton Manning, his anticipation is amazing, but he wasn't slinging fastballs, either.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post

2) Heath Miller.

The Pittsburgh defense looked pedestrian last night. Denver has modest talent at the receiver spots, and Manning was connecting on nearly everything, pretty easily. Yeah, he's Peyton Manning, his anticipation is amazing, but he wasn't slinging fastballs, either.
    Manning connected a lot with D. Thomas. Now if only we had our own tall, fast Georgia Tech WR to throw to.

Oh wait!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rbstern View Post

2) Heath Miller.

Pittsburgh sucks.

They sucked yesterday. They'll suck next weekend. Rapelisburger sucks. Their D sucks. Their receivers suck. Their coaches suck. Their front office sucks. Their city sucks. Their uniforms suck. Their team bus sucks.

All League
    I think the Steelers looked like **** last night and will be an average football team. Jets should win.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Hopefully we won't have to play ketchup. lol
    not if Kerley fries their ass with another big game

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Pittsburgh sucks.

They sucked yesterday. They'll suck next weekend. Rapelisburger sucks. Their D sucks. Their receivers suck. Their coaches suck. Their front office sucks. Their city sucks. Their uniforms suck. Their team bus sucks.
    Post of the year! LMAO (fans suck and cannot handle 0-2)

Squealers
    Last edited by Ohio State NY Jets fan; 09-10-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    We need to shut down their run ,force them to pass and create turnovers off their passing.Haley and Roth are not on same page yet,their OL is average,defense is not what it used to be.It will come down to turnovers.Hill speed should drive polamula crazy which is a plus for us.Jets by four.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    We could not stop the Bills running game and the steelers are better. Big Ben is no Fitzpatrick.

With out Revis in the lineup, it's going to be very difficult to win this one, but not impossible.
    Without Mendenhall, and an OL that is severely depleted, the Steelers will not be better running the ball than the Bills.

And the Jets were up 41-7 when Spiller ripped off two long runs, defense lost thier intensity a bit with a big lead, stats are skewed.

Bills didn't do **** in the first half, which is all that matters.