Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate to bring Up Negatives But Rush D is Concern

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Hate to bring Up Negatives But Rush D is Concern

Hopefully it was just the early lead and protecting against the pass but rush D looked slow and out of position.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the game was not 41-7, I would be really worried, but when the game was closer, Buf could not run or pass - No worries.

Sione should help run D when he returns.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    If the game was not 41-7, I would be really worried, but when the game was closer, Buf could not run or pass - No worries.

Sione should help run D when he returns.
    the jets have more trouble against guys like spiller than against the bigger rushers like gore.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    McFadden Hurt us last year too. Those fast running backs always give us issue but we didn't have P'ouha and they we had a double digit lead the entire game so defense was playing the pass allowing things to open up in the running game. Moral of the story we won by 20 be happy

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you're up by 32 points you aren't exactly concerned with stopping the run.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be concerned about our run D if we get gashed in a closer game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Hopefully it was just the early lead and protecting against the pass but rush D looked slow and out of position.
    We had a strong pass rush most of the game. he was rushed, hit, Hurrried etc.

I would be more concerned with basic tackling , open slot receivers and TE's formation etc.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not accept "the "D" was playing pass". Basically what you are saying is, going forward every time the other team gets it right they will have big gains on the ground. you need to be able to play pass on defense and still hold the run to minimum gains, we did nothing like that. one big run, two big runs ok, but we were like water going through a screen.

The rush "D" needs to get cleaned up a bit. I am sure Rex has identified that as a spot of concern and I expect he will work on it and you will see a better showing next week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irishxmafia View Post
    McFadden Hurt us last year too. Those fast running backs always give us issue but we didn't have P'ouha and they we had a double digit lead the entire game so defense was playing the pass allowing things to open up in the running game. Moral of the story we won by 20 be happy
    Its this. We can't stop fast RBs who can bounce it outside and get the edge. Sloppy tackling and slow LBs cause these RBs to gash us. Pouha in our out of the game had no factor.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Pouha was a difference tbh.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex has to stop using the "Zero" all out blitz on 3rd down. It's the only time he's predictable and he gets burnt every time ( by the pass or run ). If he mixes it up more, it may prevent all of the big plays on 3rd and long.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If we're giving up chunks of yardage because we're up 41-7 a lot, I'm not going to be all that concerned

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets have problems against pure speed backs who can rush out to the edge. Guys like Darren Sproles, Darren McFadden etc.

Luckily, there aren't many of these only speed guys in the AFC. The backs are more balanced.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree. First huge run it was only 21-0 too and in the 2nd quarter. Jets were not playing back only looking pass at that point. Also Revis's shoestring tackle on Spiller is the only thing that kept him under 200 yards for the day as that would've broken for another long TD run. Granted, not every team has a speed back like him, but for teams that do, we have shown last year and yesterday that our front 7 does not have the speed to match up.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    Rex has to stop using the "Zero" all out blitz on 3rd down. It's the only time he's predictable and he gets burnt every time ( by the pass or run ). If he mixes it up more, it may prevent all of the big plays on 3rd and long.
    Yes, the Jets get burnt every time they blitz on 3rd down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    I do not accept "the "D" was playing pass". Basically what you are saying is, going forward every time the other team gets it right they will have big gains on the ground. you need to be able to play pass on defense and still hold the run to minimum gains, we did nothing like that. one big run, two big runs ok, but we were like water going through a screen.

The rush "D" needs to get cleaned up a bit. I am sure Rex has identified that as a spot of concern and I expect he will work on it and you will see a better showing next week.
    you have no idea what you we're looking at then.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If we're giving up chunks of yardage because we're up 41-7 a lot, I'm not going to be all that concerned
    True, not worried. I think this run defense will be solid all year. Playing with a large lead the intensity maybe was lost a little, I bet the defense was as surprised as anyone that they were handed a lead like that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pats are going to spread us out and run the ball down our throats. Our LBs are piss poor

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was first game of the year where tackling tends to be the sloppiest. Jets had a huge lead so they had their tendencies lean to the pass. Plus this will give Rex a reason to push the defense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Its this. We can't stop fast RBs who can bounce it outside and get the edge. Sloppy tackling and slow LBs cause these RBs to gash us. Pouha in our out of the game had no factor.
    +100 It's not Pouha responsibility to contain outside ,that's where we got burned at. Also Davis hopefully can see some action.