Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter King MMQB

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Peter King MMQB

2. I think this is what I didn't like about Week 1:
    a. The Bills.
    b. Giants rookie running back David Wilson's hands.
    c. My forecast of the Jets: awful. I mean, I thought they'd get wiped by the Bills, and it was the Jets who did the wiping.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz264kjfB4h

Nice to see someone actually admit when they were wrong rather than arguing a different point like some folks....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been saying it for the past 4 months....the Bills are still trash and were a complete media creation, so this might be surprising to idiots like King, but pretty expected for most of us here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    We have been saying it for the past 4 months....the Bills are still trash and were a complete media creation, so this might be surprising to idiots like King, but pretty expected for most of us here.
    Someone may prove me wrong, but how often are bad teams (like the bills) instantly converted into top teams by the acquisition of high priced free agents. The Redskins tried that for years and it got them nowhere.

Also good to see peter king eat crow.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
    RT @RollsonShabbos: You deserve (along with rest of the media) criticism for circus around Jets ... Sorry. I'll try to ignore them better
    King at his best...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    This was a nice snippet too....

Coaching moment of the week

I like when coaches capture a moment and impart the kind of wisdom fourth-grade teachers can impart, but it sounds so logical and simple that ... well, let me throw this story from the Meadowlands at you.

Did you see the silly interception Mark Sanchez threw on the first possession of the Jets' season? Rolling out on second down at his 47, Sanchez neared the sideline when, for reasons known only to him, hs tried way too hard to make something happen, flipping the ball in Favrian style to tight end Jeff Cumberland. But safety Bryan Scott picked it off, and the Jets' horrendous offensive summer seemed about to continue into an even worse autumn.

Sanchez looked disgusted with himself when Sparano found him.

"Listen son,'' Sparano said, "you didn't have to do that. You'd made six or seven positive plays in a row to get us there, and if you throw it away, it's third down and you keep the drive going. It doesn't have to be you winning the game by yourself. Cut your losses. Let your teammates help.''

Sparano told me last night: "It was an easy conversation to have. Mark's a very good kid. He knew. Every play doesn't have to be a home run.''

Some players -- and maybe Sanchez last year -- would have squeezed the football so tight on the next possession, and the next, and not been able to make winning plays. But on his next five drives, Sanchez went touchdown, touchdown, field goal, field goal, touchdown, with 266 yards of efficient, accurate drives. "Mark got the ball out on rhythm,'' said Sparano. "That's the way we've seen him play in practice. I think it was just a matter of getting all our receivers out there healthy and contributing as a unit.''

Winning 48-28 in the opener is important to any team. It was incredibly important to the Jets, and to Sanchez. They'd been the worst offensive team in the NFL in the preseason, and it seems like a matter of time before Tim Tebow seriously threatened Sanchez's job security, all the nicey-nice talk around the team notwithstanding. But Sparano never got to dip into his bag of tricks for Tebow on Sunday, basically because he didn't need to; the game was out of hand early. And Sparano figured: Why give future foes a chance to scout Tebow doing exactly what the Jets think can be dangerous enough to win a game down the road? "The kid is getting better,'' said Sparano. "We're going to use him in a bunch of different ways.''

Just not Sunday.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz264mX0xNP
    I especially like the part about rhythm. Sanchez was on rhythm yesterday....irrespective of Tebow coming in and out. And we've talked about it a little, but Sanchez having the opportunity to talk to Sparano (and dare I say Cavanaugh) while taking the breathers may serve to help him through the season. Chad mentioned the same during the offseason.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJ0815 View Post
    King at his best...

San Francisco and New England, Super Bowl bound. I kid. Or do I? Alex Smith outplayed Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Field; tell me -- did you ever think you'd read that sentence? And the Patriots look rejuvenated by a young defense. The Niners, looking like the best team in the league after one week, are now 7-2 on the road under Jim Harbaugh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    San Francisco and New England, Super Bowl bound. I kid. Or do I? Alex Smith outplayed Aaron Rodgers at Lambeau Field; tell me -- did you ever think you'd read that sentence? And the Patriots look rejuvenated by a young defense. The Niners, looking like the best team in the league after one week, are now 7-2 on the road under Jim Harbaugh.
    IDK why, but I still am not sold on the 49ers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    IDK why, but I still am not sold on the 49ers.
    They looked damn good yesterday.

A very complete football team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Very true.

I still want to see how the Patriots play against quality teams. Especially the Texans who I think are the most complete team in the AFC.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

They did,

But I still like quite a few NFC teams better than them even though there really isn't much evidence to support that theory.

I just dont want Alex Smith leading my offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's too extreme one way or the other. First he has Bills handing us a 2 TD home defeat before the game. Then, after a strong performance, he ranks us at #9 in his Fine Fifteen, ahead of some teams that he wouldn't have even considered putting behind us a few days ago. Dude overreacts too much. Maybe we are 9th best, maybe we're better, maybe we're worse. But it's one game Pete....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    49ers looked good.

I didn't see the game but I was surprised that the Texans didn't blow Miami out from the first half. It was closer for a half and I know that Miami threw 3 ints but I guess I expected it to be 30 - 0 by half (Texans).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    49ers looked good.

I didn't see the game but I was surprised that the Texans didn't blow Miami out from the first half. It was closer for a half and I know that Miami threw 3 ints but I guess I expected it to be 30 - 0 by half (Texans).
    Texans offense took a while to get started.

Horrible first half.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Texans offense took a while to get started.

Horrible first half.
    There were a lot of people in suicide pools around the country who sweated through that first half.

Then there was me who took Detroit. On that level, I'm really happy I was at the Jet game yesterday and had no idea how that game finished until after the final score.

Sucks losing the first week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, but what coffee did he drink?

That's what I want to know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    This was a nice snippet too....

I especially like the part about rhythm. Sanchez was on rhythm yesterday....irrespective of Tebow coming in and out. And we've talked about it a little, but Sanchez having the opportunity to talk to Sparano (and dare I say Cavanaugh) while taking the breathers may serve to help him through the season. Chad mentioned the same during the offseason.
    There was no such thing as Rhythm or flow with Schotty's offense. This looks much better so far.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    There was no such thing as Rhythm or flow with Schotty's offense. This looks much better so far.
    That's not true. It was just too inconsistent. There were times when the O clicked and the Jets looked unstoppable. But too far and in between.

Its only been 1 game, but being 1 for 1 is a good thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Said it all along. jets are fine. Fine to make the playoffs. They are a minimum 10-6 team. Do not see them beating NE though. NE looks like they have some run defense.
    Jets only losses look like NE (2) and SF. Pitt may not be as tough as in previous years. Hou is a ??
    Anybody who took the Bills seriously is delusional. Same Miami, Tenn, Jax, SL, Seat or Ariz.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Buddy Nix is a loser.

Gilmore got schooled by a rookie 2nd rounder (he was a first rounder) and he signed Fitzpatrick to a big contract based on 6 games and being able to take a beating.

Nice idea buddy. Enjoy the 5 sacks you get out of Mario Williams, too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't know why they didn't go balls to the wall to sign Manning. That team, with those WRs and that defense, with Peyton at the helm would be as close to an unstoppable force as this league has seen in nearly 20 years.

Glad it didn't happen though.