Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coaches Club - any advice?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Coaches Club - any advice?

I have the opportunity to purchase PSLs in section 115c (Coaches Club) for under the $25k per seat price originally charged by the Jets.

Can anyone who has experience with these seats provide some feedback on the atmosphere? I am only entertaining this because I have grown increasingly frustrated with the drunk, loud, verbally abusive fans while I am at the stadium with my family.

I've read that there is an all inclusive food/non-alcholic drink package included in the price of the ticket (which at $700 per seat per game is more than a bit ridiculous). How is the food? Worth ditching the tailgate?

You can also go to the Rex Ryan press conference after the game, and have access to an on field deck 5 yards behind the Jets bench during the game. Since the entire Coaches Club has access to these, I am imagining it gets pretty crowded at both. Anyone done this before?

Thanks in advance for any info.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    PSLs are for suckers. Don't do it!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wharton_Jet View Post
    I have the opportunity to purchase PSLs in section 115c (Coaches Club) for under the $25k per seat price originally charged by the Jets.

Can anyone who has experience with these seats provide some feedback on the atmosphere? I am only entertaining this because I have grown increasingly frustrated with the drunk, loud, verbally abusive fans while I am at the stadium with my family.

I've read that there is an all inclusive food/non-alcholic drink package included in the price of the ticket (which at $700 per seat per game is more than a bit ridiculous). How is the food? Worth ditching the tailgate?

You can also go to the Rex Ryan press conference after the game, and have access to an on field deck 5 yards behind the Jets bench during the game. Since the entire Coaches Club has access to these, I am imagining it gets pretty crowded at both. Anyone done this before?

Unless the PSL is WELL below the $25k then they are tough sell. It also depends on your disposable income. Also consider that if you can not got to the game you will have a tough time selling them for anything close to face value.

I had seats in 111a, the section right next to the coaches club, and they were only $145 per ticket. IMO the coaches club is not worth the extra $550 per ticket. The food isnt THAT good, and you still have to pay for beer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who has been to the Coaches' Club as the guest of a friend. He said it was nice, but not worth it.

In terms of value, I think it may be the worst value in the stadium.

1) you have to put up $25K per seat for the PSL. Let's say you buy 2 -> you are into the Jets for $50K. They have all the leverage on pricing going forward b/c it is going to be nearly impossible to walk away from the seats.

2) they want $700 per seat for every single game. Unless you are taking clients and it is a business expess, I imagine the benefits will get old relatively quickly. For $700 per person, you can have black car take you to/from the stadium before/after dinner at a very nice restaurant in Manhattan.

3) Stubhub/TicketExchange - you can go on SH right now and pick up 3 tickets to the 49ers game (a pretty popular game) for $600 per seat. With fees, you are probably out the same $700 for the same seat. For lesser games, you'll save a bit on FV. For Big games, you'll pay a bit more.

BUT - you have already saved $1400 per seat b/c you didn't have to buy the preseason games.

4) Getting rid of a $25K PSL (with a $700 seat) is going to be brutal if you ever have to dump the seats. There just isn't a huge market for that kind of expense. Judging from what I saw yesterday, the Jets have a lot of unsold inventory in those sections. If you needed to sell, you would need to undercut their price significantly.

5) Upside to buying STH- you are probably going to get whacked buying on the 2nd market for home playoff games. Plus, Coaches Club seats (I believe) are guaranteed SB tickets.

Even if I had $50K + $700 per game to see the team, I wouldn't buy those seats.

If it were me, I would take a pass. I'd find myself some Lower Prime seats and enjoy the great view. With the money I save, I'd go to Nobu before/after every game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sat there once last season just to see all the hoopla. I bought the tickets from a friend way under the $700 a pop price. Food is good in the beginning after a while it seem kind dry like it was sitting out there for a minute .Seats are awesome as far as view but the whole standing behind the bench is way overrated. Good package but not worth the price they are asking for unless you entertain clients or just have money to burn. I like the Mezz club better.
    Last edited by IRONFAN 40; 09-10-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never sat in the Coaches Club but I'm extrapolating one aspect of my experience from the Lexus/Coaches Club.

I've sat in those Clubs several times now. The one thing I have to say is that the fans are definitely not into the game nearly as much as the non-Club fans. I have nothing negative to say individually about any of them, as most people seemed to be real Jet fans following the game, but the vibe overall was a lot more dead than the rest of the stadium. Unless its a big 3rd down, there is no noise being generated at all from the Club section - forget about standing. Its not the design of the stadium that makes it less noisy - its the huge number of club seats, prominently situated, that seem to dissuade people from being loud.

Taking that into account from a Club section where the ticket prices are not ridiculously high as to exclude some regular fans (relatively speaking), I can only assume that the game day experience in the Coaches Club is absolutely dead as those seats, almost assuredly, are majority corporate with half the people inside the Club enjoying the amenities.

The amenities part of the Lexus/Chase Club, however, is great. I brought my oldest (5 years old) to his first regular season game and I needed to get him out of the sun. The Club was a lifesaver in that regard. Why they didn't raise the floor/tables and extra foot so you can see out of the windows on to the field, I'll never know. Its really the difference between the Club being useful and a windowless lounge.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've sat their for two games. IMO it is not worth it unless you are taking clients which IMO you shouldn't be allowed in the stadium if you are doing that but that is besides the point. The amenities are nice, and the food is decent. But the $25k/PSL price is way too high. Great seats can be had for $10k/PSL. Is is the corporate crowd. You are not going to get the "real" gameday experience. I understand why teams offer these seats but if I ever owned at team I would have the lowest level littered with rabid fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

My buddy is a part time ticket reseller and conned his wife that he would be able to make a profit on these. So far he's sold 1 set of pre-season tickets for face value. Forget the PSL cost, it's the $1400/game price (you have to by at least two right?) that is only for people who have too much money. Think of what you get:

1) Sushi and lobster salad, maybe duck pizza but how much are you going to eat? This guy feels obligated to leave the tail gate 2 hours before the game and to me the tailgate is 50% of the game... hanging out in the sun or even rain and cold with other fans, awesome home reciepes, it's just motivating as hell to me.

2) Bugs me that you have to pay anything for drinks up there. Think about it: You can buy a bottle of JW Blue for $180 which you couldn't possibly drink. Yet Woody gets $700 from you and charges you full price for drinks? I think it's $50 for a shot of JW blue up there, not even overpoured. It's just wrong!

Not sure where you are sitting now but we are 4th row almost on the 20 in 116 and it's a great family atmosphere. Lot's of enthusiasim, most are buzzed but no drunks and no profanity to speak of.

Find someplace with the real fans and send your extra money to me.

One advantage: I think all or most of our superbowl allocation will go to club seat members. And it erks the heck out of me that if the Jets play the superbowl I'll be watching from home while britteny spears is rubbing her nasties all over my psl seat!
    Last edited by JetsNeedNewton; 09-10-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Season ticket rights is selling used coaches club PSLs for as cheap as 7K each. Considering they were 20K to 25K PSLs that is in indication of how bad an investment they were. They charge something like a 10% fee to sell. So I imagine if you went to game in the clubs and approached the folks sitting in any of these PSLs seats they would be glad to sell them for 10% off these prices.

Other issue is Jets give comps out sometimes or sometimes will sell at face to people. Particularly in Coaches club two thin sections next to cheaps, Therefore some tickets go on stubhub for $600-$700 a ticket and you have a big PSL fee to recoup and preseason. While the seller does not. But hey if you got the 111c listed below for 10% off of 14k, that would be only $12,600 for pair so if after a few seasons even if they were worthless not a terrible loss. I cant imagine folks who spent 100K for 4 seats, how they feel. Also only coaches club rows 1-19 in middle sections sell above face on a regular basis. The cheaper side sections usually sell around face and after fees you are out almost $200 for every regular game you sell plus eating around $400 in preseason.

29171 3 Coaches Club 113 22 25 - 27 All $25,000
    29181 2 Coaches Club 113 17 1 - 2 All $25,000
    29169 2 Coaches Club 113 22 28 - 29 Aisle All$20,000
    29121 2 Coaches Club 112 10 3 - 4 All $19,500
    29164 2 Coaches Club 114 16 15 - 14 All$15,000
    32584 2 Coaches Club 111c 13 1 - 2 All $14,000

In my humble opinion from looking at the resale website, something like this is a much better deal. Around 25 yard line, three off aisle, and visitors side is a deadend on top. Plus right next to expensive seats. These only have a $145 ticket price. Remember, these 142 seats may be priced around coaches club in secondary, the seats are almost the same yard line as 111C and tickets are $550 cheaper.

That said I will be sitting in Coaches Club for 49ers as I won seats at a charity auction. So I will be able to tell for sure.
    32847 2 Lower Level Sideline 142 27 4 - 5 $15,700

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    PSLs are for suckers. Don't do it!

Bull, they're investment gold, read it here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    My brother and some friends own a total of about 9 tickets in section 139 which is the Great Hall club. The face of those is $420 and you get to see a different team up close every week which I find very cool. (Also great for hazing this **** out of Tom Brady from close range in the on the field section.) Unless you plan on going to more than half the games and have a lot of disposable income I think you're better off just buying game to game. There are tickets available in both sections for most games below face..including ours since I usually sell them for him. But..if you really want to own the season tix I'd at least take a look here as it's a smaller club, but only a fraction of the number of people are allowed in it compared to the Coach's club since only section 139 is allowed in. Definitely at least do a game there. Otherwise I think it's a very similar (awesome) experience.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 Mezzanine End Zone B 224b 8 1 - 2 Aisle All $2,700

BTW if I was buying a psl, something like this in secondary, I would approach person at game. Row 8 under cover on an aisle. I bet he would take $2,400 for pair. Great seats to take a kid with, cover, near food, on aisle not so high up and cheap.

Believe it or not, Great Hall Club is holding up best in secondary, next to coaches club the ticket is a bargain, hard to believe. All PSLs sell for above face in secondary. The free food and $400 ticket price, sadly makes it a bargain as far as clubs are concerned.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    btw what is deal with Coaches Club parking? Is it just same as club seats?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    btw what is deal with Coaches Club parking? Is it just same as club seats?
    Green lot parking.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    My brother and some friends own a total of about 9 tickets in section 139 which is the Great Hall club. The face of those is $420 and you get to see a different team up close every week which I find very cool. (Also great for hazing this **** out of Tom Brady from close range in the on the field section.) Unless you plan on going to more than half the games and have a lot of disposable income I think you're better off just buying game to game. There are tickets available in both sections for most games below face..including ours since I usually sell them for him. But..if you really want to own the season tix I'd at least take a look here as it's a smaller club, but only a fraction of the number of people are allowed in it compared to the Coach's club since only section 139 is allowed in. Definitely at least do a game there. Otherwise I think it's a very similar (awesome) experience.
    how far can you go with the hazing?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    The Elephant Walk is banned, but otherwise ...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They allow quite a bit of actually... probably due to the price of the tickets. I haven't tried jumping the railing and Nancy Kerrigan'ing Brady yet, but I can try.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlton View Post
    They allow quite a bit of actually... probably due to the price of the tickets. I haven't tried jumping the railing and Nancy Kerrigan'ing Brady yet, but I can try.
    "Carlton...be a dear and go over there and give Bill Belichek a titty twister."

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Carlton...be a dear and go over there and give Bill Belichek a titty twister."
    SportsCenter not top 10 here I come.