Thread: NY Jets retire Hall of Famer Curtis Martin's jersey in pregame ceremony

NY Jets retire Hall of Famer Curtis Martin's jersey in pregame ceremony

Curtis Martin, fresh off his Pro Football Hall of Fame induction last month, maintained that hes reflected on the achievement, but the feeling has not fully hit him.

I cant remember feeling this excited in my life before, Martin said Sunday.

Martin received his Hall of Fame ring in a ceremony during halftime. His bronze sculpture from the Hall was also there, and he became the fourth Jet to have his jersey retired. His No. 28 home uniform was encased in a glass frame at midfield.

I played my heart out for you, he said.

Former Jets teammates Joe Namath and Don Maynard, both of whom have had their numbers (12 and 13, respectively) retired, were also on hand.

Martin said that being honored by the Jets and their fans was almost as emotional as going into the Hall of Fame.

Theres a part of this thats even bigger than the Hall of Fame, because its the hometown, its the crowd Ive played in front of for all these years, Martin said. Im just excited.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1155682

Curtis Martin ‏@CurtisMartin28
    I want to thank everyone for honoring me yesterday. Having to speak in front of 80,000 fans is much harder than playing in front of them.

The halftime ceremony yesterday couldn't have been better for me! Plus the Jets won! Great day!

Hall Of Fame
    I wore my #28 jersey for good luck yesterday. I may have to keep wearing it all season now.

....oh... and hey, Savage.... that's Hall of Fame compiler now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I wore my #28 jersey for good luck yesterday. I may have to keep wearing it all season now.

....oh... and hey, Savage.... that's Hall of Fame compiler now.
    If their putting in compilers can Vinny be far behind?? More Td's and yardage then Montana...