Thread: Playing-time breakdown

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Playing-time breakdown

Playing-time breakdown: Team effort
    September, 9, 2012

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- In his debut as the Jets' offensive coordinator, Tony Sparano showed he likes to use all his personnel. In fact, there were 12 skill-position players that played at eight snaps apiece. Here's the unofficial breakdown (team total: 63 plays)

QUARTERBACK
    Mark Sanchez: 57
    Tim Tebow: 8

RUNNING BACK
    Shonn Greene: 42
    John Conner: 25
    Bilal Powell: 18
    Joe McKnight: 2

TIGHT END
    Dustin Keller: 25
    Jeff Cumberland: 23
    Jason Smith (OT): 20
    Konrad Reuland: 19
    Tim Tebow: 1

WIDE RECEIVER
    Santonio Holmes: 42
    Stephen Hill: 31
    Chaz Schilens: 31
    Jeremy Kerley: 20

Analysis: The Bills did a good job against the Wildcat, so Tebow didn't play as much as expected. ... It was a heavy workload for Schilens, considering he was a non-factor in the preseason due to a high-ankle sprain. His load probably increased when Patrick Turner pulled a hamstring early in the game. ... Smith, acquired recently from the Rams, already is paying dividends. He helped as an extra blocker/jumbo tight end. Anybody remember Wayne Hunter? ... Reuland, Sanchez's old high-school teammate, deserves recognition, considering he was picked up on waivers only eight days ago. That's what you call a quick

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whats with all the hamstring issues this year? I hope the strength and coniditioning guy is looking at this and potentially adding some different stuff to the program centered on stretching.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cimini saves me so much time with these. I used to do this myself.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    So Sanchez was on the field for 90% of the offensive plays and Tebow was on for 12%. Sounds pretty consistent with what the CS/FO has said all along. Add in the two punts and onside kick and Tebow was on the field for 11 plays total.