Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sparano looks legit.

Sparano looks legit.

Im sure people have already mentioned how terrible the rams looked yesterday. Alot of credit is being given to individual players right now(sanchez etc) but I think a TON of credit has to go to sparano. Some notes:

-Run/Pass was nearly exact 50/50
    -Sanchez was nearly never touched.
    -Tebow was used perfectly(Like Brad Smith).
    -Cumberland was used nicely.
    -Offense was unpredictable until blowout time.
    -Called short/intermediate/deep plays.

I really like what I saw. I think he really put our players in a good position to succeed. The Bills never touched Sanchez and that's a great front four in Buffalo. He has to get alot of credit as that was his top priority.

Three quick thoughts:
    1-Shonn Greene should not be a starting NFL RB. There are several backups around the league that are better runners then him.

2-Austin Howard- If he plays like he did yesterday he may be the guy that saves our season. I don't think people are grasping that he shut down Mario Williams....

3-Tebow- Im tired of the hate towards him and the Jets. Watch the game again. The Jets made it clear how they are using him. He is Brad Smith. Mark is our QB, and Tebow is being used absolutely perfectly. He is our slash/gimmick/etc. He is going to be VERY successful in this role. Dont think of him as a backup QB. Think of him of a TE/FB/Hback version of Brad Smith.

Jets Insider VIP
    Spot on analysis, nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Im sure people have already mentioned how terrible the rams looked yesterday. Alot of credit is being given to individual players right now(sanchez etc) but I think a TON of credit has to go to sparano. Some notes:

-Run/Pass was nearly exact 50/50
    -Sanchez was nearly never touched.
    -Tebow was used perfectly(Like Brad Smith).
    -Cumberland was used nicely.
    -Offense was unpredictable until blowout time.
    -Called short/intermediate/deep plays.

I really like what I saw. I think he really put our players in a good position to succeed. The Bills never touched Sanchez and that's a great front four in Buffalo. He has to get alot of credit as that was his top priority.

Three quick thoughts:
    1-Shonn Greene should not be a starting NFL RB. There are several backups around the league that are better runners then him.

2-Austin Howard- If he plays like he did yesterday he may be the guy that saves our season. I don't think people are grasping that he shut down Mario Williams....

3-Tebow- Im tired of the hate towards him and the Jets. Watch the game again. The Jets made it clear how they are using him. He is Brad Smith. Mark is our QB, and Tebow is being used absolutely perfectly. He is our slash/gimmick/etc. He is going to be VERY successful in this role. Dont think of him as a backup QB. Think of him of a TE/FB/Hback version of Brad Smith.
    i know we can play the 'if' game, but as i was watching i couldn't help but think that if the jets had spiller and the bills had greene, the score could have been 60-3.

No shock really...

The guy has had bad QB's overperform with Miami. Henne is not a good QB by any means, but Sparano had him looking reasonable. Matt Moore looked like a good starter when he's just a decent backup. Chad played some of his best football there and we all know very well what Chad is.

When you are looking for a coach the idea is to find a guy who gets numerous players to perform above their head.

I was begging for Sparano mid year last year when it looked like Miami was going to finish with a bad record. He just didn't have any talent there... Hell, Parcells lost a lot of games with the wrong guy at QB (Mirer) so it just goes to show any coach will lose with the wrong guy.

Sparano was perfect for this team.. He's just a good coach who has no chance at failing and he also happens to match up perfectly with Rex and company.

And yes.. It's just one game but the idea was to improve significantly over Schotty and that will be proven out over the rest of the year as well.

Just need some luck staying healthy.

Hall Of Fame
    Offensive rhythm was like night and day after years of Schotty. Frankly, this was the most pleasant surprise for me on a day that was full of pleasant surprises.

Way to go Tony and keep up the good work.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

In addition to the results(duh), it was refreshing to see Sanchez get to the line with plenty of time on the play clock to read the defense and make adjustments.

A huge difference that clearly reflects better coaching.

How many times under Shottenheimer did we see him get to line with 5 or 6 seconds left to get the ball snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Offensive rhythm was like night and day after years of Schotty. Frankly, this was the most pleasant surprise for me on a day that was full of pleasant surprises.

rhythm and enthusiasm. all last season it seemed the offense lumbered to the LOS. not yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    In addition to the results(duh), it was refreshing to see Sanchez get to the line with plenty of time on the play clock to read the defense and make adjustments.

A huge difference that clearly reflects better coaching.

How many times under Shottenheimer did we see him get to line with 5 or 6 seconds left to get the ball snapped.
    this, and they didn't waste time and effort with all the pre-snap crap so they could focus on doing their jobs.

Sparano is exactly what Rex needed ... and wanted, HC of the Offense which looked EFFING GREAT btw. rip ****TENHIEMER

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post

Excellent point, the offensive rhythm was solid and that was with us substituting at the QB position.

The play designs were excellent....running that simple pick play for a first down was such a welcome sight. Its amazing that schotty was here 6 years, SIX YEARS we had to watch ill-designed plays, unecessary motion, no downfield passing, and patterns with 3 WRs withing 5 yards of each other.

Watching the offense yesterday was a thing of beauty.

Hall Of Fame
    I was not stoked to get Sparano. I was happy with anybody-but-Schoddy, but Tony didn't exactly thrill me. During the preseason, I had my doubts. Serious ones. However, one game in, I was very pleased and elated to see how "coordinated" our offense looked. Very well coached yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i know we can play the 'if' game, but as i was watching i couldn't help but think that if the jets had spiller and the bills had greene, the score could have been 60-3.
    I mentioned in the Shonn Greene thread that the Jets are one dynamic RB away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I mentioned in the Shonn Greene thread that the Jets are one dynamic RB away from being a legit Super Bowl contender.
    Greene needs to step it up

I can't recall the last time Jets' receivers got so wide open. The pass plays are well designed. Probably, the surface has just been scratched and there is a lot more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    I can't recall the last time Jets' receivers got so wide open. The pass plays are well designed. Probably, the surface has just been scratched and there is a lot more to come.

its amazing what an offense can look like when you dont have a moron running it

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Spiller has had one good game in his 3 years in Buffalo. He was a top 10 pick and should be playing like that. Greene is fine, I do wish he would bounce is outside every once in a while, but our Oline does just a crappy enough job of opening a tiny whole so he tries to go threw it.

Spiller got his big runs by running into the Oline which had zero holes opened up, so he then bounced it outside and absued our slow LBs/safeties. Its going to happen again with speedy RBs, and its happened in the past.

Waterboy
    I don't think I can remember the last game where the Jets seemed to have so many open receivers. Props has to go to the OC.. good job Coach Sporano

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Spiller has had one good game in his 3 years in Buffalo. He was a top 10 pick and should be playing like that. Greene is fine, I do wish he would bounce is outside every once in a while, but our Oline does just a crappy enough job of opening a tiny whole so he tries to go threw it.

Spiller got his big runs by running into the Oline which had zero holes opened up, so he then bounced it outside and absued our slow LBs/safeties. Its going to happen again with speedy RBs, and its happened in the past.
    And Landry beats Spiller in a foot race...

SPiller is also going to be faster than most linebackers in this league. When the Jets try to stop the run, they stop the run.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post

True, but Greene does not have that kind of speed to get around the outside like that. Thats not him, he is a between the tackle bruiser, who if, there is not a hole there can not make something out of nothing like Spiller or some of the other more explosive RBs in the league.

All Pro
    Sparano appears to be a huge improvement over Schottenheimer.

The rhythm of the offense was terrific. We were routinely getting to the line with 10-15 seconds left on the play clock.

The offense seemed to be adjusting at the line very well. The goal was to be decisive, attack weaknesses, and get the ball out of Sanchez's hands as quickly as possible.

Great mix of short, intermediate, and long routes. Very well designed.

It's only the Bills, but I'm looking forward to seeing how this offense continues to grow. It appears Mark Sanchez is finally in a system which plays up to his strengths, he's seeing the field clearly, and the game seems to have slowed down for him.