Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sparano looks legit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I was not stoked to get Sparano. I was happy with anybody-but-Schoddy, but Tony didn't exactly thrill me. During the preseason, I had my doubts. Serious ones. However, one game in, I was very pleased and elated to see how "coordinated" our offense looked. Very well coached yesterday.
    Didn't it feel great not having that f*ckstick Schottenheimer ruin your Sunday?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    I can't recall the last time Jets' receivers got so wide open. The pass plays are well designed. Probably, the surface has just been scratched and there is a lot more to come.
    This 100%!!!

And they are still learning the offense!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    I can't recall the last time Jets' receivers got so wide open. The pass plays are well designed. Probably, the surface has just been scratched and there is a lot more to come.
    This!!

I was telling a buddy today, the Jets offense looked like the Pat’s offense.
    Sanchez had all day to throw. The WR’s were wide open with no defenders to be seen within 5 yards many times.

Very odd for us Jets fans to see. Hoping it wasn’t just a bad, unprepared Buffalo team.

This win reminded me of the very first game Rex coached against Houston.
    The Jets defense overwhelmed that offensive, only this time the Jets offense were the ones sticking it to a team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Didn't it feel great not having that f*ckstick Schottenheimer ruin your Sunday?
    Yes. Yes it was.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    In addition to the results(duh), it was refreshing to see Sanchez get to the line with plenty of time on the play clock to read the defense and make adjustments.

A huge difference that clearly reflects better coaching.

How many times under Shottenheimer did we see him get to line with 5 or 6 seconds left to get the ball snapped.
    Or have to call timeout before the first play of the game?

Sparano won't put up with Greene if he fumbles & consistently goes down on the 1st hit.
    Jets have a "REAL" coach now!
    Parcells desciple, no loyalties to any "B" player.
    We need McKnight to effing step it up, we need that speed to go along with our faster offense.
    I think Powell will get better as the year progresses because he has good hands out of the backfield.
    With Hill, Tone, Kerley, & Sparano having Mark use the whole field, a quicker shiftier back can make a lot of plays.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    In addition to the results(duh), it was refreshing to see Sanchez get to the line with plenty of time on the play clock to read the defense and make adjustments.

A huge difference that clearly reflects better coaching.

How many times under Shottenheimer did we see him get to line with 5 or 6 seconds left to get the ball snapped.
    Exactly what I thought and mentioned during the game. It seemed like a much better, tighter group than what Shotty was leading.

Night and day..

All Pro
    I just love the fact that after every drive he was on sideline coaching up the QBS.. It was refreshing to see that

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I just love the fact that after every drive he was on sideline coaching up the QBS.. It was refreshing to see that
    +1

Shotty never did that. Schotty was useless.

Veteran
    In defense of Shonne Greene. It seemed the Bills D plan was to stop the run. Given the wildcat hype, wr problems in the recent past, and Mark's problems with producing last year, that makes perfect sense. What they didn't expect was an efficient passing game plan. If this continues, watch Greene's production increase due to the opposing D not being able to shut down one aspect of our offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Pass protection was excellent, keep that up and Sanchez will pick apart most defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
    Sparano is exactly what Rex needed ... and wanted, HC of the Offense which looked EFFING GREAT btw. rip ****TENHIEMER
    Great point..... he has his HC of Special Teams in Westoff as well..... I think Sparano was ideal.. like Westoff..

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    In defense of Shonne Greene. It seemed the Bills D plan was to stop the run. Given the wildcat hype, wr problems in the recent past, and Mark's problems with producing last year, that makes perfect sense. What they didn't expect was an efficient passing game plan. If this continues, watch Greene's production increase due to the opposing D not being able to shut down one aspect of our offense.
    but the jets have, essentially, the same offensive personnel as last season, with hill instead of plax, kerley, holmes, turner, keller and cumberland, to start the season. defenses keyed on greene last season as well, but the passing game never responded like yesterday b/c they didn't have a vertical game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    but the jets have, essentially, the same offensive personnel as last season, with hill instead of plax, kerley, holmes, turner, keller and cumberland, to start the season. defenses keyed on greene last season as well, but the passing game never responded like yesterday b/c they didn't have a vertical game.
    Exactly, vertical threat + 5 wrs averaging over 10yds per catch opens up the box for running.

Veteran
    Schitthead is the worst OC in football. Only Cam Cameron is in his neighborhood of suck. The Jets offense was going to be better simply by getting rid if him. Man it was awesome not having to look at his clueless mug on the sideline.

Hall Of Fame
    So far so good.

Have to give credit to the OL coach as well, Coach Googs. I knocked him a lot in the pre season. The OL was tremendous yesterday.

Big game this week. Tough team in a tough environment. It will be interesting to see the gameplan. I hope they throw it a little more. But that will depend on the protection.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    All great points in this thread. The whole thread gets a +1.

I am curious... where are the Schoddy apologists? The offense did everything that it could've been doing for years now, and everything us Shoddy-bashers have been saying that it could've done if we had anybody but Schoddy.

I was not sold on Sparano after the hire, but felt he was still likely an upgrade over Schoddy. That game may have been closer, or even a loss with Schoddy's shoot-yourself-in-the-foot-and-make-opposing-defenses-know-what's-coming offensive style. Yes, it was only 1 game, and yes, we've beaten the Bills of late even with Schoddy, but that offense did everything I knew it COULD do and never did yesterday. So refreshing to be vinicated for all the Schoddy hate we've had... the ONLY coach I've ever truly hated, even more than Kotite (who I more felt sorry for, haha).
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 09-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigFL View Post
    Exactly, vertical threat + 5 wrs averaging over 10yds per catch opens up the box for running.
    but the box didn't open up yesterday. the jets won the game by converting turnovers into tds and they did it by attacking downfield greene averaging 3 and a half yards/carry. schotty's system didn't work, but sparano's did, with the same guys.

All League
    This thread delivers as much as Sparano.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Im sure people have already mentioned how terrible the rams looked yesterday. Alot of credit is being given to individual players right now(sanchez etc) but I think a TON of credit has to go to sparano. Some notes:

-Run/Pass was nearly exact 50/50
    -Sanchez was nearly never touched.
    -Tebow was used perfectly(Like Brad Smith).
    -Cumberland was used nicely.
    -Offense was unpredictable until blowout time.
    -Called short/intermediate/deep plays.

I really like what I saw. I think he really put our players in a good position to succeed. The Bills never touched Sanchez and that's a great front four in Buffalo. He has to get alot of credit as that was his top priority.

Three quick thoughts:
    1-Shonn Greene should not be a starting NFL RB. There are several backups around the league that are better runners then him.

2-Austin Howard- If he plays like he did yesterday he may be the guy that saves our season. I don't think people are grasping that he shut down Mario Williams....

3-Tebow- Im tired of the hate towards him and the Jets. Watch the game again. The Jets made it clear how they are using him. He is Brad Smith. Mark is our QB, and Tebow is being used absolutely perfectly. He is our slash/gimmick/etc. He is going to be VERY successful in this role. Dont think of him as a backup QB. Think of him of a TE/FB/Hback version of Brad Smith.
    Well stated and I surely agree with you. Loved the way Howard played yesterday in both the run and passing game. I can not put up with the TEBOW hate on this board any longer! He is a Jet and I want all Jets to do well.I respect Sparano and noted that our Offense played with some swagger! Sanchez looked very assertive. Really was a different QB!