Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shonn Greene

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Greene was too slow into the gaps. Powell had a nice game. I like the way Powell turns his body sideways to give the team 2-3 extra yards. Powell could be the starter at some point this year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    Greene was too slow into the gaps. Powell had a nice game. I like the way Powell turns his body sideways to give the team 2-3 extra yards. Powell could be the starter at some point this year.
    they should use him to keep greene fresher and prevent him from getting worn down. i think powell may play a bigger role against the steelers since they may need to do more screens and dumpoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    they should use him to keep greene fresher and prevent him from getting worn down. i think powell may play a bigger role against the steelers since they may need to do more screens and dumpoffs.
    This I'd like to see. It's odd that people are so high on Powell when I don't think he's covered more than 15 yards from scrimmage on any play since he's been here, but I do know that it's a good thing if he plays well enough to take carries away from Greene.

Best case for the Jets this year is that Powell forces his way into the majority of the carries in the first three quarters to allow Greene to come in and clean up in the 4th.

I also think the concern about the running game will be alleviated if the passing offense plays as well as it did on Sunday all season. The Bills were geared up to stop the run on Sunday - watch the holes open up when a team comes in geared up to slow Holmes/Hill/Keller.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    This I'd like to see. It's odd that people are so high on Powell when I don't think he's covered more than 15 yards from scrimmage on any play since he's been here, but I do know that it's a good thing if he plays well enough to take carries away from Greene.

Best case for the Jets this year is that Powell forces his way into the majority of the carries in the first three quarters to allow Greene to come in and clean up in the 4th.

I also think the concern about the running game will be alleviated if the passing offense plays as well as it did on Sunday all season. The Bills were geared up to stop the run on Sunday - watch the holes open up when a team comes in geared up to slow Holmes/Hill/Keller.
    He had a 16 yard reception last game