Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis does have a mild concussion

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He's playing....I'm not even gonna worry.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would have absolutely no problem if the Jets don't play Revis this week. Take extra care of your best player. Make sure he's available when we play them in January.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Athletes play with concussions all the time. Revis is not a wimp.
    He wasn't knocked unconscious and carted off half dead. Some Alleve or Oxy and the boy is ready to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    on August 24, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Tight end Jeff Cumberland (concussion) said
    his case was a mild one, but he won't play Sunday. He didn't practice today.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ys_hes_95.html

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rest him for 2 weeks, then see.

No need for him versus the fins.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    Rest him for 2 weeks, then see.

No need for him versus the fins.
    LOL, rest him for 2 weeks? he got his bell rung a bit, he didn't get knocked out. He will be fine this sunday.

Either way, can we cut bart scott already!!!!!????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    This will be a good test to see how our defense will look once we trade Revis this off season
    +1

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    This will be a good test to see how our defense will look once we trade Revis this off season
    Let's go to war with Cromartie and Wilson. I'm okay with those two...yes, even Wilson. It's the nickel that would make me nervous.

Let's see what they say about Revis on Wednesday...that's the key day.

Prediction - Revis will be listed as Questionable, become a game-time decision in order to leave uncertainty with the Steelers, but will ultimately NOT play. Given the increased focus on concussions plus Revis' status as the best defensive player in the League (and contract situation) it's just too risky for him to play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's go to war with Cromartie and Wilson. I'm okay with those two...yes, even Wilson. It's the nickel that would make me nervous.

Let's see what they say about Revis on Wednesday...that's the key day.

Prediction - Revis will be listed as Questionable, become a game-time decision in order to leave uncertainty with the Steelers, but will ultimately NOT play. Given the increased focus on concussions plus Revis' status as the best defensive player in the League (and contract situation) it's just too risky for him to play.
    it's more important that he be 100% so they can beat miami. they also have to play SF, houston and NE before their bye week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

Point taken but that was preseason...when we were sitting people with a hangnail or blister. Even guys who were cleared to play medically sat so as not to risk anything at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's more important that he be 100% so they can beat miami. they also have to play SF, houston and NE before their bye week.
    Exactly.

Many people chalked up Pittsburgh as a loss anyway. I think the Jets could win....but I'd rather have Revis for the remaining 14 games of the year after Pitt. That's the long haul ahead and this isn't a Division game. If we're 2-1 (including 2-0 in the Division) after Miami I can live with that for sure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is a better CB when he plays the outside. He's a 1st round pick, we can see what he's made of. Lankster looks good in the slot

Agree that if Revis misses this week he could miss next week too because we will crush Miami.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Sheeeeeeit. We're screwed without Revis

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Point taken but that was preseason...when we were sitting people with a hangnail or blister. Even guys who were cleared to play medically sat so as not to risk anything at all.
    Exactly, how many times do we hear, "he would be playing if this were a regular season game" in the preseason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never implied it wasn't that's why I included the date
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-10-2012 at 01:01 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis has like a million friends and family in Pitt. No way he sits.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Bart Scott would stop getting burned Revis wouldn't even be in this position,

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

But that was preseason.....

Would Cumberland have played in a reg season game is the question...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why our front 7's play is a concern. Revis only gets this injury because Spiller burns our front 7 and Revis has to make a shoestring tackle to prevent a long TD run.

That said, I expect he'll play. CB is not a position that takes a lot of punishing hits and the concussion is mild

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets' Revis did suffer mild concussion; will have to pass tests before playing

The Jets found out Monday morning that star cornerback Darrelle Revis actually did suffer a mild concussion in Sunday's victory over the Bills.

Revis was kicked in the head by teammate Bart Scott in the second half and left the game. Initially, it was believed he did not have a concussion, but tests showed he did. The Jets must now put him through the tests required by NFL protocol before clearing him to return.

"I'll always lean on our trainers and our doctors," Ryan said. "With any injury at all, but especially a head injury of any kind, you're going to err on the side of caution. We'll see how he progresses during the week."

The Jets play the Steelers in Pittsburgh on Sunday. Revis will not speak to the media until he is cleared to resume working out, per the NFL concussion policy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...dbssyVR9SB0GzO