Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Revis does have a mild concussion

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Never implied it wasn't that's why I included the date
    Okay, cool. Head injuries are taken very seriously, as they should be...but I think the League has a pretty thorough and specific evaluation criteria now for determining whether a guy is okay to play. I'm sure Revis will be tested and evaluated every which way throughout the week to see how he scores. Let's hope that, firstly, he's okay and suffering no ill effects... and second, that those tests result in a clearance to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Let's go to war with Cromartie and Wilson. I'm okay with those two...yes, even Wilson. It's the nickel that would make me nervous.

Let's see what they say about Revis on Wednesday...that's the key day.

Prediction - Revis will be listed as Questionable, become a game-time decision in order to leave uncertainty with the Steelers, but will ultimately NOT play. Given the increased focus on concussions plus Revis' status as the best defensive player in the League (and contract situation) it's just too risky for him to play.
    Is this for real?

So losing our best player, who plays CB, when we are facing 3 excellent WRs is no big deal? Lets just go to war with WIlson and Cro?

Cro does not do well against smaller, fast WRs like the steelers have and wilson is iffy at best.

Revis has a minor concussion....lets hope he passes these tests

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jets' Revis did suffer mild concussion; will have to pass tests before playing

The Jets found out Monday morning that star cornerback Darrelle Revis actually did suffer a mild concussion in Sunday's victory over the Bills.

Revis was kicked in the head by teammate Bart Scott in the second half and left the game. Initially, it was believed he did not have a concussion, but tests showed he did. The Jets must now put him through the tests required by NFL protocol before clearing him to return.

"I'll always lean on our trainers and our doctors," Ryan said. "With any injury at all, but especially a head injury of any kind, you're going to err on the side of caution. We'll see how he progresses during the week."

The Jets play the Steelers in Pittsburgh on Sunday. Revis will not speak to the media until he is cleared to resume working out, per the NFL concussion policy.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...dbssyVR9SB0GzO
    Thanks for posting! Exactly what I was referring to in my post above. There are specific tests and criteria which must be met for him to be cleared.

Very, very stupid playing our defensive stars in the 4th quarter of a blowout win. Revis, Landry and Harris should have all sat the final 15 minutes.

Not only would this protect our best players but also give valuable minutes for the backups.

An incredibly poor decision by Rex to keep those guys in there.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Is this for real?

So losing our best player, who plays CB, when we are facing 3 excellent WRs is no big deal? Lets just go to war with WIlson and Cro?

Cro does not do well against smaller, fast WRs like the steelers have and wilson is iffy at best.

This. We can't be giving away wins, especially against a conference opponent. If revis can pass the tests he plays, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Thanks for posting! Exactly what I was referring to in my post above. There are specific tests and criteria which must be met for him to be cleared.
    yep...so as others have commented...It doesn't matter if every member of Revis family are in the stadium it isn't his call or the Jets if he plays or not...

Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Very, very stupid playing our defensive stars in the 4th quarter of a blowout win. Revis, Landry and Harris should have all sat the final 15 minutes.

Not only would this protect our best players but also give valuable minutes for the backups.

It was a 13 point game with 6 minutes left. A SOJF like you would be killing rex if he had pulled revis and the Bills came back to beat us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Absolutely!

Is this for real?

Yes, it's real. And no, I never said it was "no big deal". But I have confidence in Cro and Wilson and I'm not hitting the Panic button like some people who believe Darrelle Revis is the only player who can cover someone. I remember Revis going out with his pulled hamstring in the home game against the Patriots two years ago and then the Jets thoroughly shutting down New England, Cromartie intercepting Brady in the endzone while covering Moss, etc. In other words, don't turn off the TV and pencil in a "L" against Pitt if Revis cannot play.

I want Revis to play as badly as anyone...but not at the detriment of his longterm health and the possibility that having him play against Pitt could turn this into a longer term issue. IF he plays against Pitt and takes even another minor hit to the head he could be gone several games. I'm not positive on the criteria or concussion policy stipulations but I think I recall a second concussion requiring a player sit for certain number of games.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Given his contract situation, I expect him not to rush things.

Thanks Bart.
    Didn't Bart end Kris Jenkins career as well?

I didn't think we would win in Pittsburgh anyway. Oh well, moving on.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Didn't Bart end Kris Jenkins career as well?
    Yes he did.

Did you jizz on that strip-sack TD yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I didn't think we would win in Pittsburgh anyway. Oh well, moving on.
    Why are Jets fans so quick to throw in the towel, my god, players get hurt every week in this league.
    You don't think Steelers fans aren't worrying about losing 2 Olineman, shuffling guys around & here comes Rex Ryans NY Jets blitzing off the bus?
    Jets have a legitimate defense, ranked everywhere from 3rd to 6th in preseason poles.
    You make it sound like the Jets have no chance.
    Man up dude.

Did people actually see Pittsburgh play yesterday? We can still beat them with a resting Revis

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post

Hindsight is always 20/20.

You'd be complaining just the same had Revis, Landry, and Harris been benched and the Bills somehow made it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Why are Jets fans so quick to throw in the towel, my god, players get hurt every week in this league.
    You don't think Steelers fans aren't worrying about losing 2 Olineman, shuffling guys around & here comes Rex Ryans NY Jets blitzing off the bus?
    Jets have a legitimate defense, ranked everywhere from 3rd to 6th in preseason poles.
    You make it sound like the Jets have no chance.
    Man up dude.
    Steelers will be pissed about losing to Denver and not wanting to start 0-2. They will be highly motivated. The extent of their injuries is unknown, especially with Mendenhall and Harrison. They get Ryan Clark back in their secondary. Plus they are at home. This was why I didn't/don't think the Jets are going to win in Pittsburgh. I do expect them to beat Miami after that, so they will 2-1 in week 4

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yes he did.

Did you jizz on that strip-sack TD yesterday?
    Nah, my wife took care of me at halftime.

The 3 rooks (Jones, Hightower and Wilson) had a very good game yesterday.

The overall speed of the defense was very impressive yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Did people actually see Pittsburgh play yesterday? We can still beat them with a resting Revis
    Harrison and Ryan Clark did not play. Plus they were on the road in Denver. We are walking into a totally different situation on Sunday. Without Revis, we are big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    People forget (or need to realize) that the NFL is a week to week league.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Without Revis, we are big trouble.
    Who covers Wallace?

Cro will never be able to stay with him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Nah, my wife took care of me at halftime.
    Glad she finally changed your catheter. Those things can get messy.