Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The passrush was fast and fierce despite...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

The passrush was fast and fierce despite...

Going sackless for the game. I'm watching the game again and that pocket was collapsing pretty quickly in that first half, that's part of the reason why Fitzgerald made those bad throws, he knew he was about to get lit up.

Second half we took the foot off the throttle somewhat, but you have to give Buffalo credit, they were fighting to come back, while our guys were playing knowing the game was in the bag.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the game again too. Pace was great - got in several great licks.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    With a lead of that nature.. would have thought we would get a sack... especially in obvious passing situations..

I did recognize pressure ... and forcing of some early and bad throws..

The player that is almost impossible to miss is Laundry...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm not mistaken, the Jets and Bills were the only teams to not register a sack Sunday.

Just a weird tidbit.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the Jets and Bills were the only teams to not register a sack Sunday.

Just a weird tidbit.
    fitzy is known for getting the ball out quickly, so that doesn't surprise me.

sanchez not getting sacked with mario and darius there surprises me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Going sackless for the game. I'm watching the game again and that pocket was collapsing pretty quickly in that first half, that's part of the reason why Fitzgerald made those bad throws, he knew he was about to get lit up.

Second half we took the foot off the throttle somewhat, but you have to give Buffalo credit, they were fighting to come back, while our guys were playing knowing the game was in the bag.
    Fitzgerald?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post

+1

Fitzpatrick was getting passes out a hair before getting leveled numerous times yesterday. Have to give him credit, he's a tough little bastid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly the same thing Maybin said on Post Game Live....He said the key with a QB like Fitzpatric who has a quick release, was to pressure him and not necessarily worry about sacks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    Exactly the same thing Maybin said on Post Game Live....He said the key with a QB like Fitzpatric who has a quick release, was to pressure him and not necessarily worry about sacks.
    reminded me what teams did with sanchez last year, pressure him and make him get the ball out sooner than he wants, then the cbs jump the routes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    I watched the game again too. Pace was great - got in several great licks.
    Pace was a monster yesterday. Very underrated game by him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyeffinjetsfan View Post
    Well said by maybin, it's 100% true. I know people want to see sacks or they think there was no pass rush but the fact of the matter is that the rush is what contributed to us registering 3 ints yesterday. Not to mention we have a pretty dirty secondary, but still, the pocket pressure was a major contributing factor to all the badly thrown balls.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DL was GOLDEN!!! for JETS yesterday vs Bills. 41 - 7 bf JETS let off GAS.!! Nuff Said!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    fitzy is known for getting the ball out quickly, so that doesn't surprise me.

sanchez not getting sacked with mario and darius there surprises me.
    Darius is awful. Bills made a horrible mistake taking him so high.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the pressure. Fitzpatrick got MAULED on over half of his throws. Look at the game tape. He was destroyed just as he let go of the ball. I'm surprised he finished the game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    i was wondering that. suh is considerably better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    This is absolutely incorrect. You are horribly mistaken and if you thought Dareus wasn't going to be a great player then you have already been proven wrong.

He had 6 sacks last year and a TON of pressures which is just amazing for such a big man.

Great player and a great pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is what I was saying yesterday, the Bills are a hard team to get sacks against. Fitzpatrick throws a lot of short quick passes, they still were getting some hits on him and pressure.

Remember, the game was 41-7. So the intensity was let up and they gave up some garbage time TDs. They played back more and Fitz kept throwing short quick passes.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know where to get good information on the # of QB hits/pressures for a game/season?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    With a lead of that nature.. would have thought we would get a sack... especially in obvious passing situations..

I did recognize pressure ... and forcing of some early and bad throws..

The player that is almost impossible to miss is Laundry...
    As in Chinese laundry? NO TICKEE, NO WASHEE!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't re-watched the game yet but the 3 INTs were not the result of pressure. One horrible throw to Cro. One late throw that Revis picked and One slightly behind the receiver ball that Wilson made a really nice play on.