Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The passrush was fast and fierce despite...

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Pace was a monster yesterday. Very underrated game by him.
    Good to hear he can still be productive

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Darius is awful. Bills made a horrible mistake taking him so high.
    He's not awful at all, he's just the product of an absurd amount of hype surrounding the Bills.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Haven't re-watched the game yet but the 3 INTs were not the result of pressure. One horrible throw to Cro. One late throw that Revis picked and One slightly behind the receiver ball that Wilson made a really nice play on.
    Its still a team game! The pressure sure helped the QB to rush his throws! Go back to the film and see for yourself!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Its still a team game! The pressure sure helped the QB to rush his throws! Go back to the film and see for yourself!
    This. We hit Fitz early and we hit him hard. We knocked him off his game early and he never recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He's not awful at all, he's just the product of an absurd amount of hype surrounding the Bills.
    I heard PFF had him as one of the worst DTs in the game last year.

Haven't re-watched the game yet but the 3 INTs were not the result of pressure. One horrible throw to Cro. One late throw that Revis picked and One slightly behind the receiver ball that Wilson made a really nice play on.
    He was hit by Pace just as he threw the Wilson pick. I think the bad throw was definitely a result of that pressure.

Anybody know where I can find a copy of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    NFL.com Game Pass

All Pro
    I can't link to it but Pirate bay has a copy 720p

NFL.com Game Pass
    Game pass? I have ST max, will that help?

All Pro
    The only lineman to have a poor game was Dixon I think. He was pushed back at the point of attack on both of the long runs, and he was not in on too many plays. Ellis was beaten on one of them too, but played pretty well most of the game. I think we hold them under 4 yards per carry if Pouha was playing. Coples was not exactly dominating, but not bad for his first game. We didn't play in our base D more than a few downs, so Coples was playing DT most of the time. He would have benefited from Sione too, as well as Wilk who was doubled most of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Going sackless for the game. I'm watching the game again and that pocket was collapsing pretty quickly in that first half, that's part of the reason why Fitzgerald made those bad throws, he knew he was about to get lit up.

Second half we took the foot off the throttle somewhat, but you have to give Buffalo credit, they were fighting to come back, while our guys were playing knowing the game was in the bag.
    As you are alluding to and I will take it a step further, sacks are almost a meaningless stat. I would much rather have consistent pressure forcing the opposing qb to make erratic decisions then to have 3 sacks a game.

Perfect example was Mangini's last year. For the first 12 games of the season, I believe we were top 5 in sacks. But everyone on this board was complaining and rightfully so that our pass rush was atrocious. We would get 3 sacks a game, and then we would not get near the opposing QB on every other passing play in the game.

Darius is awful. Bills made a horrible mistake taking him so high.
    Not sure if serious.

Dareus is a manchild. Suh was the promising, young interior linemen that had a disappointing season last year.

I'm not a member of Pro Football Focus, but Dareus had a grade of +14.8 last year. That should have had him among the league's best interior linemen last year. You must be thinking of someone else.

Rookie

The PASS RUSH was good--- and it was part of the total TEAM win.

The D had plenty of pressure, the whole first half. The ONE mistake they made, in that half, was the long run by Spiller--- which was the product of multiple missed tackles. I can deal with physical mistakes--- those can be fixed during the week. I actually like it..... I think Ryan can use it, all week, to keep the D on their toes--- not to get complacent, believing the hype. He WILL fix the missed tackling.

I also think the offense was confident.... which translated to the D relaxing a bit, maybe taking a few more chances.

The whole team had, effectively, put the game away, by halftime. I don't think they ever felt like the game was in jeopardy. Familiarity breeds confidence--- the Bills have a good D-line.... but the Jets do know the Bills, pretty well.

I have NO problem with them keeping some plays calls off of the game film. I think they actually did that with both the D and the O. Why give the Steelers any film to study? Why help out the Pats?

They showed that they could score on the Bills, almost at will. And, after the onside kick recovery, they did just what they had to--- they took it down the field, and scored. A lot of guys, on this site, talk about how the Patsies do things--- well, that's what they DO.... they get up early, then let up, a bit..... until they HAVE TO score.

They won the game, in the exact fashion that the media, and, way too many fans, said they couldn't win.... with a really good offense. We should all just be happy about it, and wait to see what they show next week--- I think we're going to be pleasantly surprised with some new looks.
    Last edited by Laxman; 09-10-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Familiarity breeds confidence. Nice one.

2nd one might have been a little pressure. 1st one that Revis got Fitz was just way late on the throw and floated it out there. That was a Pennington-esque sideline throw and Revis made a great play on it.

The Cro play was just a blatant mental mistake and not the result of any duress. Had the Bills had a backup who had not just joined the team, that might have been Fitz's last pass of the day, it was that bad.

I don't remember the 2nd INT as clearly, but I think the pocket may have been collapsing. Bad throw either way and a nice play by Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by HessStation View Post
    Pace was a monster yesterday. Very underrated game by him.
    Agreed. Pace had a motor.

Brother, get a DVR. It will be like xmas and bday gift for life.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Not sure if serious.

Dareus is a manchild. Suh was the promising, young interior linemen that had a disappointing season last year.

I'm not a member of Pro Football Focus, but Dareus had a grade of +14.8 last year. That should have had him among the league's best interior linemen last year. You must be thinking of someone else.
    I guess someone lied to me. My subscription expired so I can't check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    Anyone know where to get good information on the # of QB hits/pressures for a game/season?
    Anyone???