Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The passrush was fast and fierce despite...

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Haven't re-watched the game yet but the 3 INTs were not the result of pressure. One horrible throw to Cro. One late throw that Revis picked and One slightly behind the receiver ball that Wilson made a really nice play on.
    Fitz was leveled the play before the Revis int. Believe me, that hit factored into the Revis int. Fitz was uncomfortable in the pocket, was scared of getting leveled so he let off an ill-advised throw--or threw it soft. It's not a conincidence that he was leveled just before the Revis pick. As another poster pointed out, there was pressure during the Wilson int. As for the Cro pick, Fitz just misread the coverage--thinking it was man and it was an over under man zone disguised well by Cro at the snap. Still no excuse for Fitz making that throw.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

The Cro play was just a blatant mental mistake and not the result of any duress. Had the Bills had a backup who had not just joined the team, that might have been Fitz's last pass of the day, it was that bad.
    Actually...at that time in the game...when Fitz threw the pick6 to Cro..."Harvard" had melted all the way down to a high school dropout

A combination of pressure and coverage schemes...mixed in with simulated pressure/coverage...had Fitz head spinning like a top. Lucky for him that garbage time came early. At 41 - 7...That's when the Jets D went on cruise control...and Fitz could pat his stats a little.

Regardless of what the reasons were for the Jets lack of sacks against Buaffalo, lets just hope that changes against Pittsburgh. We'll need SACKS and several of them to beat the Steelers.

The DL is going to have to win this game for us. They must keep Roethlisberger in the pocket. They must stop the run and get penetration. They must sack Roethlisberger and get in his face. If they don't, it's going to be a very long game.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Its still a team game! The pressure sure helped the QB to rush his throws! Go back to the film and see for yourself!
    Just re-watched them. None of the throws were rushed. Certainly weren't anything an NFL QB can't handle. Two of them Fitz was late on. The opposite of rushed. They were all a combination of poor decisions and inaccuracy.

IMO the defense did not look like the defense we need them to be or thought they would be on Sunday. The 4 turnovers help mask that.

We will get a real litmus test of the pass rush this week. Big Ben is a lot to handle. We will need real pressure by our defense in order to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    With a lead of that nature.. would have thought we would get a sack... especially in obvious passing situations..
    In passing situations you can commit more people to the pass rush, or keep more folks back in pass coverage. I think the Jets chose to keep the LB and Safeties in coverage and just rush 3 or 4 folks to avoid getting burned with a deep pass.

Haven't re-watched the game yet but the 3 INTs were not the result of pressure. One horrible throw to Cro. One late throw that Revis picked and One slightly behind the receiver ball that Wilson made a really nice play on.
    The INT Fitzpatrick threw to Wilson- Coples or Pace had just gotten free from the Bills OL. Fitzpatrick was about to get murked!

Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    In passing situations you can commit more people to the pass rush, or keep more folks back in pass coverage. I think the Jets chose to keep the LB and Safeties in coverage and just rush 3 or 4 folks to avoid getting burned with a deep pass.
    and perhaps hide anything they're saving for Pitt . . .

Darius is garbage! I don't care what the stats say. I never watch Bills games unless they're playing the Jets and...

I've never noticed Darius.

ever.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    Darius is garbage! I don't care what the stats say. I never watch Bills games unless they're playing the Jets and...

ever.
    well you would be neutralized too if you were going up against the best center in the league...

Dareus wreaked havoc against everyone else he's played against...

Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post

ever.
    Has nothing to do with stats.

PFF has a staff that watches every single snap of every game. They grade each player in much the same way that scouts and coaches do.

Every year there are guys with great stats that receiver poor grades. One of the more well known examples was Cromartie during the year he intercepted 10 passes. I think that he had a negative (below-average) grade on PFF that year, because he was burned so many times trying to go for INTs.

Just re-watched them. None of the throws were rushed. Certainly weren't anything an NFL QB can't handle. Two of them Fitz was late on. The opposite of rushed. They were all a combination of poor decisions and inaccuracy.

IMO the defense did not look like the defense we need them to be or thought they would be on Sunday. The 4 turnovers help mask that.

We will get a real litmus test of the pass rush this week. Big Ben is a lot to handle. We will need real pressure by our defense in order to win this game.
    the Wilson interception was definitely a rushed throw.

Pace is bearing down on Fitz and you can see that he's unable to step into the pass because he's already bracing for the hit:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...ts-defense-INT

in any case, i think the point being made was not that the INTs were caused by pressure on those same plays, but that our pass rush in general was making Fitz rush his throws, which lead to the picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    the Wilson interception was definitely a rushed throw.

Pace is bearing down on Fitz and you can see that he's unable to step into the pass because he's already bracing for the hit:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantas...ts-defense-INT

in any case, i think the point being made was not that the INTs were caused by pressure on those same plays, but that our pass rush in general was making Fitz rush his throws, which lead to the picks.
    DDNY's DVR does not work quite as well as ours does!