Thread: New Story: Desire to see Tebow as Jets QB is created by the media, not the fans

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

Post New Story: Desire to see Tebow as Jets QB is created by the media, not the fans

EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ: After the Jets' shellacking of Buffalo yesterday 48-28 I was chatting with a friend who covers the Jets for a major media outlet on*the way down Rex Ryan's post-game presser. He told me his boss emailed him to make sure he got plenty of Tebow stuff *for his game story.

Tebow stuff? 5 plays for 11 yards. How do you generate "plenty of Tebow stuff" from that?

This proves it...It's really not the Fans who want Tim Tebow playing QB for the Jets, it's the media. Basically because he's a news wet dream.

Don't get me wrong. If Mark Sanchez...

More...
    Last edited by THE_SOOTHSAYER; 09-10-2012 at 01:28 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obvious Truth is Obvious.

That Tebow-hype is irrelevant to the team and most fans in re: the #1 QB position, and that Tebow really is just a Wildcat RB, Punt-Faker-Threat and #2 QB, not some conspiracy-theory plan to unseat Sanchez for Woody's Devious Wallet lining.

Worse, the ongoing idea that Sanchez going to the sidelines for 5 plays a game is any more "distracting" or "rhythm killing" than Sanchez handing it off to Greene an additional 5 times per game. It may even be a net positive, giving Sanchez a play breather and a moment to talk/plan with Sparano as to where the O is going that drive. Watchful eyes also would have noticed Tebow and Sanchez both sitting and talkign toegetr alot yesterday, which may be a help to Sanchez as well.

With that said, I fully expect the "Cut Tebow Now!" threads to recur every week from here on out. Those who loathe him loathe him, often for decidedly off-field reasons, and thats not going to chaneg no matter how many wins we get. To these guys, we could always have won "better" without Tebow on the roster. The next Sanchez INT will be Tebow's fault, I'm sure.

Unless Tebow starts throwing it 10+ times a game, twbow running it 5-7 times a game is perfect. Just enough to be a net positive, not enough to hurt Sanchez in any form.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Obvious Truth is Obvious.

That Tebow-hype is irrelevant to the team and most fans in re: the #1 QB position, and that Tebow really is just a Wildcat RB, Punt-Faker-Threat and #2 QB, not some conspiracy-theory plan to unseat Sanchez for Woody's Devious Wallet lining.

Worse, the ongoing idea that Sanchez going to the sidelines for 5 plays a game is any more "distracting" or "rhythm killing" than Sanchez handing it off to Greene an additional 5 times per game. It may even be a net positive, giving Sanchez a play breather and a moment to talk/plan with Sparano as to where the O is going that drive. Watchful eyes also would have noticed Tebow and Sanchez both sitting and talkign toegetr alot yesterday, which may be a help to Sanchez as well.

With that said, I fully expect the "Cut Tebow Now!" threads to recur every week from here on out. Those who loathe him loathe him, often for decidedly off-field reasons, and thats not going to chaneg no matter how many wins we get. To these guys, we could always have won "better" without Tebow on the roster. The next Sanchez INT will be Tebow's fault, I'm sure.

Unless Tebow starts throwing it 10+ times a game, twbow running it 5-7 times a game is perfect. Just enough to be a net positive, not enough to hurt Sanchez in any form.
    There is a lot of truth in your words, but I can't help but find myself really wanting to know what happens to the Dino-gunner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebowis toO big now. At 250lbs, he doest look as fast as he did last year. I think he should lose a few lbs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow is the NFL's 33rd team. There are fans of 32 teams and then there's Tim Tebow's fans. Not one team in the NFL, nor their fans, want Tim Tebow to be the starting QB for their team. Tim Tebow was on the market for very cheap if you are considering him as your starting QB. No team even considered it. Not one. JAX even drafted a punter with the pick they could have traded for Tebow. Seriously think about that, they would not part with a pick that they were comfortable using on a punter. MIA didn't want him, CLE, SEA, AZ, MIN, JAX, TEN.....nobody. If the NFL hasn't made it abundantly clear Tim Tebow is not considered a worthy competitor of the starting QB for their team then I don't know what they have to do. Add in how horrible he was this preseason when he was in and the book is written folks. The fact that Tebow is lining up at punt protector and TE tells me he sees the writing on the wall too. I think he knows now what it takes to be an NFL QB and while I think he's competitive as hell, I think he realizes that he just does not carry the skill to be an every day NFL QB. What he does may work in small samples, but it will never sustain over the years when the level of competition is so advanced.

At first I thought the Jets lost their minds, but it has become blatantly obvious they wanted Tim Tebow the athlete all along, not Tim Tebow the QB.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tim Tebow is the NFL's 33rd team. There are fans of 32 teams and then there's Tim Tebow's fans. Not one team in the NFL, nor their fans, want Tim Tebow to be the starting QB for their team. Tim Tebow was on the market for very cheap if you are considering him as your starting QB. No team even considered it. Not one. JAX even drafted a punter with the pick they could have traded for Tebow. Seriously think about that, they would not part with a pick that they were comfortable using on a punter. MIA didn't want him, CLE, SEA, AZ, MIN, JAX, TEN.....nobody. If the NFL hasn't made it abundantly clear Tim Tebow is not considered a worthy competitor of the starting QB for their team then I don't know what they have to do. Add in how horrible he was this preseason when he was in and the book is written folks. The fact that Tebow is lining up at punt protector and TE tells me he sees the writing on the wall too. I think he knows now what it takes to be an NFL QB and while I think he's competitive as hell, I think he realizes that he just does not carry the skill to be an every day NFL QB. What he does may work in small samples, but it will never sustain over the years when the level of competition is so advanced.

At first I thought the Jets lost their minds, but it has become blatantly obvious they wanted Tim Tebow the athlete all along, not Tim Tebow the QB.
    I don't know if I agree with that. There are plenty of casual non-sophisticated NFL fans that think Tebow is the next big thing at QB and it's fueled 95% by the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is a valuable part of the team. Bills spent a lot of time preparing for Wildcat and it helped the offense. Enough if the Tebow bashing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    The entire controversy reminds me of the "manufacturered confrontation" sillyness of a reality TV show.

I tuned out nearly all of the offseason after the first day or so of media treatment of the Teebow deal. They were stretching the bounds of incredulity from day one. The Jets threw the media a grapefruit sized fastball, and they fell over each other taking swings at it, looking like ridiculous fools for doing so.

Media goofiness of the highest order.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, it IS partially fueled by fans. There are fans who are very unintelligent that need to be told what to think by the media. Without their headlines, unintelligent fans don't know what to do.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    I don't know if I agree with that. There are plenty of casual non-sophisticated NFL fans that think Tebow is the next big thing at QB and it's fueled 95% by the media.
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Actually, it IS partially fueled by fans. There are fans who are very unintelligent that need to be told what to think by the media. Without their headlines, unintelligent fans don't know what to do.
    I get what you guys are saying, but those "casual" fans aren't really out there pounding their fists demanding he starts, calling media outlets, etc... They're the ones that show up at a Sunday football gathering and say "dey should start Teeeeebow, derp derp, where's the wings"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know a single Jets fan that wants him to start over Sanchez. I am happy he is on the team as a winner and a contributor ... But Mark is 'the man'.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    I don't know a single Jets fan that wants him to start over Sanchez. I am happy he is on the team as a winner and a contributor ... But Mark is 'the man'.
    Dude, you'd be surprised.